Buy dust filters! Not just for dust..

Well.. last night. A dust filter probs saved my pc.. Well my pc gathers dust from time to time.. but yeah, it can be cleaned out, so the dust filter is good for that stuff obviously.. but here is this. Last night, I was holding a cup of milk, then BAM! Slipped out of my hand, got all over my pc, then my screen went black, a few drops got on my GPU. It does work because I'm using my pc to make this post.. The milk came in from the top holes, luckily it went in the side unoccupied by a fan, mostly. So a few drops got through, but the dust filter caught ALOT of milk, so the point of this is, dust filters filters more then just dust.. it also filters drinks to a certain extent, so yeah, just an other reason to buy dust filters.

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

i don't understand why people put the rig in a location where it can be easily splashed.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

That's why my pc is sitting in the corner on my desk...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I had a customer bring in a computer earlier this week, an energy drink spilt through the top, hit the fan and sprayed everything in the case xD

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

i don't understand why people put the rig in a location where it can be easily splashed.

what you tlaing about. i put mine in the ocean for best cooling the dust filter filters the oxygen in and the hydrogen out 

I had a customer bring in a computer earlier this week, an energy drink spilt through the top, hit the fan and sprayed everything in the case xD

boi gettin tew crunkt up!

what you tlaing about. i put mine in the ocean for best cooling the dust filter filters the oxygen in and the hydrogen out 

oh shit son, that's on an atomic level, not molecular!

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

-double post sry-

milk filters

My desk can't have a pc on bottom, and usually when a drink spills, its sitting on my desk, not in m y hand, so it will usually just get a tiny bit on the side panel, and mostly below the case(under the feet :P). Ok, so my desk is like a box below, has room for like 2 pc's. I have a old dell dimension E521 sitting there(makes a good foot rest), then my gaming pc taking up the rest gloriously facing sideways. Then on the top of my desk, I have my keyboard, then my house, and a speaker. But on that note, the desk has 2 panels that goes up above, a disk rack, and at the top has my 100mb/s download modem, NETGEAR NIghthawk AC1900 router, and my sonicwall. My monitor has to learn backwards since its too big for my desk, so there isn't really any room to put my pc on top of my desk.

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5

Well.. last night. A dust filter probs saved my pc.. -snip-  so yeah, just an other reason to buy dust filters.

#MonakaDustfilterMilktips

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

This is why I only bring drinks with caps or closed tops around my computer. 

I spilled a big glass of iced coffee all over my desk once and it soaked my cheap keyboard (not too concerned about that) and splashed my 3 month old Logitech G502.  It cleaned off nicely and everything sounded fine, but when I tried to use it one of the side buttons stopped working :(.

Went ahead and just bought another G502 and this time with a protection plan.  The other G502 is still mostly functional so I'm just saving it as a backup.

Now my side panel has some sticky stuff, as well as the back of the PCB on my gpu, and it still works fine :o I plan on cleaning it all out tomorrow.

This is why I only bring drinks with caps around my computer. 

I spilled a big glass of iced coffee all over my desk once and it soaked my cheap keyboard (not too concerned about that) and splashed my 3 month old Logitech G502.  It cleaned off nicely and everything sounded fine, but when I tried to use it one of the side buttons stopped working :(.

Went ahead and just bought another G502 and this time with a protection plan.  The other G502 is still mostly functional so I'm just saving it as a backup.

Usually I only put cap drinks on my desk, I do a cup time to time, but I wasn't going to set this on my desk, it was a big cup, I was actually just hold it.. then it slipped from my hand. TBH, then I get sticky drinks on my keyboard, I unplug it, spray it with water near the sink, then let it dry with a fan over night and use a spare dell keyboard :P

Usually I only put cap drinks on my desk, I do a cup time to time, but I wasn't going to set this on my desk, it was a big cup, I was actually just hold it.. then it slipped from my hand. TBH, then I get sticky drinks on my keyboard, I unplug it, spray it with water near the sink, then let it dry with a fan over night and use a spare dell keyboard :P

The keyboard actually took the coffee really well and its completely functional :D.  When it got soaked I just tilted it to the side to try and drain out the coffee and only the right arrow key got really sticky.  And after about a week the key didn't stick anymore.

The keyboard actually took the coffee really well and its completely functional :D.  When it got soaked I just tilted it to the side to try and drain out the coffee and only the right arrow key got really sticky.  And after about a week the key didn't stick anymore.

I've had my cat spill water all over an old keyboard once. I got unlucky and it didn't survive the ordeal.

Now my side panel has some sticky stuff, as well as the back of the PCB on my gpu, and it still works fine :o I plan on cleaning it all out tomorrow.

Yeah, that milk might start to stink after a while...

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

I've had my cat spill water all over an old keyboard once. I got unlucky and it didn't survive the ordeal.

Yeah, that milk might start to stink after a while...

It stickied up, only big amounts will stink :/ Not tiny sticky pieces.

where ya want us to put it? on the ceiling? 

under le table

covering the top. air flows front to back.

under le table

covering the top. air flows front to back.

Its under my desk, I was holding the milk in my hand, fell forward, got all under my desk.

Its under my desk, I was holding the milk in my hand, fell forward, got all under my desk.

my rig is the leg of my desk.... i have a 900D

my rig is the leg of my desk.... i have a 900D

Oh, nice. If it literally holds your desk up, then you don't have to worry about anything entering the top.. and you don't have to worry about ever mounting fans at the top either :/

Oh, nice. If it literally holds your desk up, then you don't have to worry about anything entering the top.. and you don't have to worry about ever mounting fans at the top either :/

yeah. and yeah....

i'm still going to mount a rad up there one day though.

That's why my pc is sitting in the corner on my desk...

yep!! my computer is 6 feet away from me on the corner of my desk.  I use the computer from  bed.