Assassin's Creed: Syndicate creative director promises the PC version will "shine"

TwistedDictator

yfzeiAGCaVMN.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

"We've got an internal team that's dedicated to the PC version, and one of the things that I'm happy about is that we're really taking our time with the PC version to really make it shine," Creative Director Marc-Alexis Côté told us at E3. "We want the game to really work well on the PC on day one, which is why it's not the same launch [date] as the Xbox One and the PS4 versions. It will come a bit later in the fall, but I think it will be worth the wait."

"We're working really hard on optimizing the game, making it run smoother on a wider range of PCs," he added, when the question of Unity's abysmal performance on high-end hardware came up. "We're really dedicating a team to working on this and making sure it shines."

Source

Hopefully they dont give us poorly optimized games. I will admit Unity did look beautiful!

I think a lot of people here dont know much about the issue Ubisoft have/has to face when dealing with console companies.

Yes, ubisoft did shoot them selfs into the foot many times, in fact so many times, No one should trust Ubisoft because all we hearing is "we will treat PC gaming better" . But Over the past few months, well since Unity they have spoken out a lot but obviously it wasnt a big deal as nobody likes Ubisoft.

Well here is a few things that they spoke on:

• Microsoft and Sony pretty much forced/pressured Ubisoft to make the next gen consoles and PC graphics similar or make the consoles run slightly better. I dont know how they can do this as I dont know the politics in the industry.
  • Ubisoft has removed all the crappy companion app and removed all the crappy locked features from the latest AAA games (most titles has been confimed without the crappy companion app)
  • From the leaked information from a few weeks ago they said it run 20fps more then the consoles. So lets say the consoles had it at 30, then the person that leaked the information was playing around 60 in certain areas but drop in cities BUT this was pre-alpha.

In my opionion I think they learned their lessons but we have to wait to be honest, Ubisoft can change things before release for example Watch Dogs.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

It fookin' better.

Waiting for reviews though.

Well I mean they had a year to make unity run well. So let's hope it will.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Well so did Unity. Graphically I mean. You can use "to shine" in many scenarios. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

i only played the first one and the second one

they got very boring after that

more of the same

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well, shit can be made shiny too.

So maybe it'll look good and run. But will it be the same AC has been for so long.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

A shiny car can still run badly....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Well so did Unity. Graphically I mean. You can use "to shine" in many scenarios. 

The guy said: "We're working really hard on optimizing the game, making it run smoother on a wider range of PCs," he added, when the question of Unity's abysmal performance on high-end hardware came up."

The guy said: "We're working really hard on optimizing the game, making it run smoother on a wider range of PCs," he added, when the question of Unity's abysmal performance on high-end hardware came up."

I know. I'm just sceptical after everything. No matter how much I want to believe that, there's always that what if. He said they want to optimize it, and I do believe they want to, but will they? Could go explaining it further but that's the general idea. I'll just edit my post not to confuse anyone.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

You think unity was bad on pc. haha.

look at this beauty.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Still wish Ubisoft would release DX 12 updates to Watch Dogs and Unity. Maybe along with a little more optimization. Watch Dogs was such a nice game, that got way too much crap.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

They just keep releasing Assassin's Creed games like no other. More AC games than any other game series.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Still wish Ubisoft would release DX 12 updates to Watch Dogs and Unity. Maybe along with a little more optimization. Watch Dogs was such a nice game, that got way too much crap.

driving in watch dogs broke my brain.

Spoiler

i played assassin creed 1,2,brotherhood,revelations,3,4 & unity....only the ezio series and 4 were good :(

Because of unity i build a pc with new i5 and gtx 970 and ssd, i was able to run that mess but it wasn't funny at all cause the multiplayer was buggy as hell :(

for the first time i won't buy AC at the begging...i´ll wait a while for them to patch Syndicate

It will look shiny while running at 10FPS on 4 Titans 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Lens flare confirmed

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Hope so! This is the only AC that looks interesting to me. Plus there are horses so I have to buy it  :rolleyes:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

How many times did they tell us that > how many times it actually happened.

Ye ole' train

Ubisoft has been saying this stuff for years now. Same as Microsoft.

Until we start seeing actual progress, this is just one huge farce. 

Please follow through with this, Ubisoft. I don't want to be an idiot by having the logo as my profile picture and then the game turns out to be absolute shit... again.

dont care fuck ubisoft. i flat out refuse to support anything they do

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Perhaps he was confused with another adjective that begins 'Shi' and ends with 'e'.

With the missing letter being another consonant further along the alphabet.

This would be nice, seriously Ubisoft made amazing games over the years like Rayman, Prince of Persia and others they are such a great gaming company.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Hopefully it's not another Ubisoft spray-fart.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM