Zalman releases two new extreme laptop coolers: Oh the hype

brownninja97

i dumped my girlfriend so now i have time for important stuff such as the news. I tried to find the most mundane i mean important treasure that I could find and well this is it. The refresh of zalmans laptop coolers.

NS1000_01_ENG.jpgNC2_01_ENG.jpg

So we have two twins in board however what is the actual difference between you must be asking, well my little dumpling the NC2 has a 140mm fan generating a sizeable 80cfm at an unknown rpm.

So you arent impressed, but wait you will be i hope because id elder brother, the NS1000 has something special. It has a 180mm fan with a sucking rating of 130cfm with also an unknown rpm. 

Dont you dare question the naming scheme.

NS1000_04.jpg

The NC2 is a slap on the desk and hope for the best kind of design so ill just talk about the child that people care about.

Back on topic the NS1000 has dual usb2.0 inputs, you get a pass through so it links to your laptop and powers the fan

There is then an analog fan controller so you can change between 550rpm and 1500rpm there is a give or take 15% range of error here which is pretty normal with fans. 

NS1000_07.jpg

Both are designed for laptops up to the size of 16inchs, there isnt really a change there.

NC2_04.jpg

The mesh is designed in a fancy way, see how there are indents in the mess, how this actually some how increases the surface area of the holes meaning more air can cooler the hell out of your laptop. 

NS1000_13.jpg

If push comes to shove and you have to make a rig of this case then you are covers because there are the basics in cable routing.

I asked zalman and well they dont know what the price is for this which is well interesting to say the least.

Anyways zalman news..........

http://zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=948

http://zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=949

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Isn't it zalman who go and make those ridiculously cheap pc cases?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

The legend returns 

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Isn't it zalman who go and make those ridiculously cheap pc cases?

that would be a yes.

Listen if you care.

Shit that looks so much beefier (in the good way) than like any other laptop cooler you can find in store.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Shit that looks so much beefier (in the good way) than like any other laptop cooler you can find in store.

Still think this is the best one. For one it's not plastic

B002NU5V4A_1._V378722184_.jpg

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Like the height adjustment and cable management.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

ironically im not fan of those, rotaries.

Listen if you care.

Looks a lot more professional and cleanly styled. I like it more too.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

@brownninja97 serious question: why did you feel to make a topic about this ?? is something happening with zalman ?

OT: zalman makes everything that's related to any sort of cooling so I'm not surprised ( I actually knew about this ) =.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

ironically im not fan of those, rotaries.

It's more for the angle since the build quality is good and my laptop doesn't slide due to those small rubber thingies. And yeah, fans died once, had to replace them since they made unbearable noise. But when they're not broken they make a few C difference so it's good (and the option to move them is nice).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

She probably was not a techie so he dumped her ^^

Yes... but can you replace the fan? Because good luck with rma.

now this is good stuff

Ugh I really hate this things: they basically tell people "Buy a Laptop and use it as a desktop!" So many times I've seen people that never take their PC out of their houses and still buy laptops to have em on basically 24/7 using one of this stupid fucking things: get a fucking desktop!

-------

Current Rig

-------

@brownninja97 serious question: why did you feel to make a topic about this ?? is something happening with zalman ?

OT: zalman makes everything that's related to any sort of cooling so I'm not surprised ( I actually knew about this ) =.

number of reasons, zalman has actually died twice now, over the past month they ran into major issues regarding how they supply to people, you may know windspeed36, he said they completely stopped shipping to him over in straya. I did a bit of talking with some friends that work at ariapc and one at novatech and they said stock had been held up. No one really knew what happened, the company went silent for a week and a bit and then carried on as if nothing happened, its very surprising that this didnt get reported to everyone, im not sure how often this happens with companies. Also i dumped my girlfriend which exponentially increased my free time, i thought i might as well make news and what is brownninja news if its not related to zalman

Listen if you care.

Ugh I really hate this things: they basically tell people "Buy a Laptop and use it as a desktop!" So many times I've seen people that never take their PC out of their houses and still buy laptops to have em on basically 24/7 using one of this stupid fucking things: get a fucking desktop!

uni students dont have a choice, you need a laptop for everything there and us pc gamers or tech guys in general never settle for some crappy intel hd rubbish. my brothers mac pro hits 100oc watching youtube videos, in the summer it can become a problem.

Listen if you care.

She probably was not a techie so he dumped her ^^

Yes... but can you replace the fan? Because good luck with rma.

1. we had a conflict of interests and she urr lets say an odd fetish and it didnt help at night.

2. They didnt mention that in the notes that they gave me about it, ill send them an email but if they arent saying it then ill assume its a no.

Listen if you care.

number of reasons, zalman has actually died twice now, over the past month they ran into major issues regarding how they supply to people, you may know windspeed36, he said they completely stopped shipping to him over in straya. I did a bit of talking with some friends that work at ariapc and one at novatech and they said stock had been held up. No one really knew what happened, the company went silent for a week and a bit and then carried on as if nothing happened, its very surprising that this didnt get reported to everyone, im not sure how often this happens with companies. Also i dumped my girlfriend which exponentially increased my free time, i thought i might as well make news and what is brownninja news if its not related to zalman

Well I know Windspeed runs or works some kind of a company/OEM.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

uni students dont have a choice

There's always a choice, for example pair one of these:

DSC_7451.jpg

Milo1.jpg

With one of these:

devices-selector-ss-cb.jpg

No it is not ideal. Yes there are people who need to be on the go for extended periods cause they travel a lot or move around a lot. But if you are mostly at home and occasionally need to take notes on class or fuck around on a starbucks or watch videos while you're traveling on thanksgiving or whatever, take this combo.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'll be happy one day when laptop coolers like this go away.. But anyway the hype!

Ran by coffee

Too much info on 1. , but interesting way to split up ^^

2. I would treat it as a cpu cooler... if its too loud or fails or starts to grind, its useless after some time if you cant replace it. Unless its made by noctue ^e^

But if you get (or make) a stand with holes for fan mounts, well thats like lifetime stand you can resell.

Hmm, what about external gpu ^^ Todays i7 in laptops are enough powerful. We need external gpu! Like 750ti, it fits into a pocket and can be powered by a potato. And cheap.

Too much info on 1. , but interesting way to split up ^^

2. I would treat it as a cpu cooler... if its too loud or fails or starts to grind, its useless after some time if you cant replace it. Unless its made by noctue ^e^

But if you get (or make) a stand with holes for fan mounts, well thats like lifetime stand you can resell.

Hmm, what about external gpu ^^ Todays i7 in laptops are enough powerful. We need external gpu! Like 750ti, it fits into a pocket and can be powered by a potato. And cheap.

wow that was me trying to not say much, im not good at being vague

Listen if you care.

Usb 2.0 really?

usb 3.0 has issues with powering fans and then dual usb 3.0 ports after that, the bandwidth will take a massive hit so in the end it doesnt even matter.

Listen if you care.

Because cooling the plastic cover helps so much....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE