Steam Summer Sale Reportedly Starting June 11th - Prepare your Wallets...

How are sales shitty ?? or is it just in your book that anything related to Valve is shitty no matter what it is ?

I may get some copies of CSGO.

It's the same old crap every time, yet people treat Valve like saints for giving the same old crap. Summer sale isn't even the cheapest. GOG, GMG, Origin and Amazon come up with sales that are better value but do we ever talk about those?

Nope. This place is a "valve can do no wrong" echo chamber. They have shitty sales with shitty "Free 2 pay" business practices with shitty customer service.

For so called "mustard race" members, people sure are quick to defend a shitty service.

It's the same old crap every time, yet people treat Valve like saints for giving the same old crap. Summer sale isn't even the cheapest. GOG, GMG, Origin and Amazon come up with sales that are better value but do we ever talk about those?

Nope. This place is a "valve can do no wrong" echo chamber. They have shitty sales with shitty "Free 2 pay" business practices with shitty customer service.

For so called "mustard race" members, people sure are quick to defend a shitty service.

Exactly this.

Plus he didn't say Steam is shitty, he said its always the same old shit on sale which is certainly true.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Show me on this forum people doing this.

I've been phrasing GOG so long but they just don't have new games and much of AAA games so a lot of people aren't interested.

And better value ?? how do you define better value ?

I guess you missed it when people were raging about them making mods purchasable, Valve can do wrong and as far as I've seen on this forum and reddit people actually call out Valve.

Shitty customer service I can't judge on that ( so many people complaining about it ) but from my experience it's been good so far.

I don't think steam is shitty despite it having DRM, I get their cloud service, playing with friends is easy as fuck, exploring new games is great and I actually found games that turned out to be good IMO, and one of the most important things to me I can buy a game and it will be in my account and I will be able to play it when ever I want where ever I want.

Sure their service can be made better but being called shitty is over exaggerating and wrong IMHO.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Exactly this.

Plus he didn't say Steam is shitty, he said its always the same old shit on sale which is certainly true.

I would say he thinks steam is shitty.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I won't buy another game from Steam, customer service is piss poor and greenlight is a trash heap. I prefer a more reputable source for my games. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

bump

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Only games on my wish list are Black Mesa and Killing Floor 2. Hope they go on sale

Considering KF2 is still in EA, and was only launched in April I believe it would only go up from this point rather than getting a discount. 

Haven't been excited for a Steam sale in years. These days its all shit games reduced by shit amounts, G2A beats any Steam sale and that's available all year round.

This.

This "cheap games on Steam!" meme needs to end.

No time, no money, and, most importantly, no beefy PC yet. Maybe next time :(

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

The sales are rarely interesting to me, the only games I'll pick up are games below $5 that I've heard of and seen gameplay of, or games I previously owned on console so why not?

I might see if I can pick up DiRT, I haven't owned it but I'm interested in it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Time to buy seven new CS:GO accounts. And refuse to play on them until the impending VAC wave a week after the sale. 

Computer Science / Mechanical Engineering @ Oakland University

Alumni of FRC Team 245

Professional Counter-Strike - Starbucks Barista 

Not buying any games this sale. I already have games that are fun to play and some that I haven't even finished yet.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Don't think I'm gonna buy much of anything, I already have all the games I want to play.

Oh, I wasn't aware of this platform. What is it, how does it work and it is reliable ?

Encouraged a friend to buy his Win 8 key from there and I've bought the Mass Effect series through there likewise. You pay via Paypal (other payment forms offered too) and they email you the key with download instructions.

It couldn't be any easier tbh and I've yet to have any issues.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Have fun guys! I'm skipping out this year. I'm saving up for a new ultra high end PC this year ("Gaming" laptop is dying out after 3 years of service :(, but it gives me a reason to get away from laptop gaming to desktop gaming).

Talking about summer sale. Which sale offers the major discounts? Summer or Winter? Probably going to skip both, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Better load up, request more hours etc. Maybe get a second job to afford the hard drive and case I'll need to just install new games.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

My wallet isn't ready. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Idk why but I feel like all my excitement for steam sales has really died down after the first couple ones, sure its amazing when you just built a pc and are you're building up your steam library but after you own the same games that go on sale every year its pretty meh

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

My wallet should be fine.

Not very much I want to buy and I have plenty of games in my backlog to keep me busy.

Meh, I spent all my money on CS:GO skins..... :D

@GhostWindGamer calls me a idiot for planning to get a Knife over GTA 5.

you ...... we lost you to csgo ..... forever .....