VideoCardz | ASUS "confirms" GTX 980 Ti specs

zMeul
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please edit the title as Asus have not acknowledged anything, this is just more content from a questionable source. 

Without an official source you have to understand that anything can be just fabricated rumors.

again .. until this is proved to be faked/fabricated I will consider it actual info and present it as such, although you have every right to be skeptical

this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/375595-980-ti-reference-boxes-pics-emerge-with-additional-gaming-benchmarks-and-uncut-gpu-z-shots/is also fabricated/faked ??

again .. until this is proved to be faked/fabricated I will consider it actual info and present it as such, although you have every right to be skeptical

this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/375595-980-ti-reference-boxes-pics-emerge-with-additional-gaming-benchmarks-and-uncut-gpu-z-shots/is also fabricated/faked ??

I didn't say any specific company confirmed any of this information. I created my own title, presented the information, along with the source. Which is all the moderator is asking you to do, to change the title.

It could be all fabricated, and his thread falls victim of the same "confirmed" allegations.

It is also confirmed that GeForce GTX 980 Ti has 176 Texture units, which is exactly what we expected. GeForce GTX 980 Ti has 6GB GDDR5 memory and a 384-bit interface.

Although it's not thrown in the title making it as obvious to catch. In this regard ASUS has not given an official statement regarding the GTX 980 Ti so it's simply not possible to incline that they have confirmed anything. If you had a link to their official website that was showing a page much like this then sure, it would be closer to being confirmed.

It could be all fabricated, although notice how the thread is not stating any of it has been confirmed by anyone. ASUS has not given an official statement regarding the GTX 980 Ti so it's simply not possible to pin point them as confirming anything. If you had a link to their official website that was showing a page much like this then sure, it would be closer to being confirmed.

let's get back to the GTX970 VRAM issues, do you recall when AnandTech, PCPer and another posted articles in the same day explaining the situation citing an nVidia employee? can you link me to any nVidia official source where they explain the issue? I will tell you: there isn't one!

so, technically, nVidia did not acknowledge the issue

once and for all, and I hope this will end this debate, I will not edit the title - period

---

I didn't say any specific company confirmed any of this information. I created my own title, presented the information, along with the source. Which is all the moderator is asking you to do, to change the title.

I was reffering to the images inside the post, from the same source, VideoCardz

So... this is going to be around +- €800 in Europe I guess :(  Those are some nice specs but that's a lot of money too.

But why are you saying this is Asus confirmed? Asus hasn't confirmed anything, these are just supposedly LEAKED images.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

let's get back to the GTX970 VRAM issues, do you recall when AnandTech, PCPer and another posted articles in the same day explaining the situation citing an nVidia employee? can you link me to any nVidia official source where they explain the issue? I will tell you: there isn't one!

once and for all, and I hope this will end this debate, I will not edit the title - period

---

I was reffering to the images inside the post, from the same source, VideoCardz

Which means what was discussed can in fact be completely fabricated. That's just simply how it works. Although note no one was labeling it as a defiantly "confirmed" explanation to the problem. People just perceived it as the most logical and went with it. A thread title such as the following would be far more suited for this thread.

ASUS leaks GTX 980 Ti specs.

Saying they "confirmed" them means ASUS made a public announcement regarding the product and disclosed the specifications on their website. This image can be very well be fabricated for all we know. I'm not saying it is as it looks like it came from ASUS. Although you simply cannot confirm the image was sourced directly from ASUS.

[...]

I will put quotes around confirmed, will that be better?

I just don't see the dilemma with putting "ASUS Leaks GTX 980 Ti Specifications". You can be right later when they put the product page up and then change the thread title to "confirmed".

If this is from ASUS they will have it posted on their website later when the product officially launches.

I think you should add this to the thread title, because people might mistake you post as being about an article from videocardz talking about Asus and the 980Ti. When in fact it could be about anything. /S

The Contractor must, within 7 days of receiving a written request by the Agency, provide the Agency with immediate access to the following information contained in records held by the Contractor:

information that relates directly to the performance of the services provided to the Agency by the Contractor pursuant to the Contract;

information collected by the Contractor from members of the public to whom it provides, or offers to provide, the services pursuant to the Contract; and

information received by the Contractor from the Agency to enable it to provide the services pursuant to the Contract.

For the purposes of sub-clause (1), information does not include:

information that discloses or would tend to disclose the Contractor’s financing arrangements, financial modelling, cost structure or profit margin;

information that the Contractor is prohibited from disclosing to the Agency by provision made by or under any Act, whether of any State or Territory, or of the Commonwealth; or

information that, if disclosed to the Agency, could reasonably be expected to place the Contractor at a substantial commercial disadvantage in relation to the Agency, whether at present or in the future.

The Contractor will provide copies of any of the information in sub-clause (1), as requested by the Agency, at the Contractor’s own expense.

Any failure by the Contractor to comply with any request pursuant to sub-clause (1) or (3) will be considered a breach of an essential term and will allow the Agency to terminate the Contract by providing notice in writing of its intention to do so with the termination to take effect 7 days after receipt of the notice.  Once the Contractor receives the notice, if it fails to remedy the breach within the 7 day period to the satisfaction of the Agency, then the termination will take effect 7 days after receipt of the notice.

:P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

"ASUS Leaks GTX 980 Ti Specifications"

so .. ASUS leaks!? how's that

so .. ASUS leaks!? how's that

It says ASUS at the top, how else would anyone get their hands on this image unless ASUS leaked it early.

It says ASUS at the top, how else would anyone get their hands on this image unless ASUS leaked it early.

before, it was debated ASUS is not the source and the pics are faked/false, now it is!?

before we debated ASUS is not the source, now it is!?

ASUS is clearly the source of the image if it's indeed legit (what we were debating about) although your source for this thread is VideoCardz.

Since there is no official source, thus why it cannot be confirmed...

Tis not rocket science bro.

ASUS is clearly the source of the image if it's indeed legit

that was the original reason why I said I won't edit the title, now we're back full circle

we should stop, seriously

that was the original reason why I said I won't edit the title, now we're back full circle

Just leave it as it is now... It's less misleading this way.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Not much of a circle. I was just trying to hammer down the key points as to why half of the people in the thread are asking you to change the title. Just advice to help spare you from dozens of others that will be giving you the same thing in the AM when they wake up. You can do what you please although if even a moderator asks that you change it usually there's good reason. I'll leave it at that.

It doubt it would phase AMD enthusiasts the slightest bit and may even cause some chuckle for the following reason. It would piss off their own loyal consumers more than they currently are. How many GTX 980 and TITAN X owners do you think will outrage when they learn of the company dropping a nutshell like this. Sorry that you paid the same price for your GTX 980 less than a half a year ago (or even a week ago) which sucks bawlz in comparison. We're also sorry TITAN X owners for spending $999 on a card a month or two ago that you could of waited on and had ~90% of the performance for half the price. Besides I doubt Nvidia wants to lose money on the GTX 980 Ti by cutting heavily into their profit margins. This would be the exact same reason why AMD doesn't want to be the cheaper solution anymore. Pricing products low and making them an unbeatable bargin is great for consumers but it kills the company when they aren't making as much overhead on the product as they need to in order to label it profitable.

I'm a Titan X SLI member. Either way I will buy two of these because of the price. I will still keep my titans just give the 980 Ti's away to my friends.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I'm a Titan X SLI member. Either way I will buy two of these because of the price. I will still keep my titans just give the 980 Ti's away to my friends.

Can I be your friend? Gift me $799 GPU plz.

Any news on the TDP? Or will it be just like the titan x? 250W?

Probably around 225w would be a starting point. I don't see it being 250w with half of the GDDR5 removed and a few SMM units disabled.

NVidia never did acknowledge the issue - some retailers took it upon themselves to accept the returns however they didn't officially have to. Some may argue that all retailers at least in Australia should have as they were sold a product under false pretenses however NVidia never confirmed this so no action could be taken.

At the moment the staff are discussing putting in place rules that prevent people from posting content that isn't factual. Rumors like this thread may be relocated to the relevant subforum while only official news quoted from a first hand source like a Facebook marketing team or manufacturer's website would be allowed. I'll keep you updated on this as things progress. 

NVidia never did acknowledge the issue - some retailers took it upon themselves to accept the returns however they didn't officially have to. Some may argue that all retailers at least in Australia should have as they were sold a product under false pretenses however NVidia never confirmed this so no action could be taken.

At the moment the staff are discussing putting in place rules that prevent people from posting content that isn't factual. Rumors like this thread may be relocated to the relevant subforum while only official news quoted from a first hand source like a Facebook marketing team or manufacturer's website would be allowed. I'll keep you updated on this as things progress. 

For clarification, Factual would be only from established publications like pcper, guru3d, anandtech and so.  Home reviews and commentaries on reddit would not be considered factual?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

For clarification, Factual would be only from established publications like pcper, guru3d, anandtech and so. Home reviews and commentaries on reddit would not be considered factual?

Nope. Those are all rumour mills and should be treated as such.

Basically this, if the site doesn't get invited to press conferences to see new hardware, it isn't a valid source and should be banned from LTTs news section.

Nope. Those are all rumour mills and should be treated as such.

Basically this, if the site doesn't get invited to press conferences to see new hardware, it isn't a valid source and should be banned from LTTs news section.

I thought pcper, anandtech and so on did get invited to press conferences?

I thought pcper, anandtech and so on did get invited to press conferences?

Yup, I was agreeing with you. We should only have tier 1 sources. None of this rumour mill stuff. And we should start vetting those who conspicuously post about the same topics over and over in an almost PR rep sort of way. The less subversive corporate influence here the better, certain users are already fanatical enough.