Witcher 3 Video Policy

delanyinspiron6400

We encourage everyone to create videos using content from our games. We think it’s awesome you guys make all those fantastic walkthrough/playthrough/Let's Play movies, clips showing how to unlock certain achievements and video reviews of our games. We love seeing them all out there and in fact love watching them ourselves, so please feel free to publish them on YouTube and other video sharing websites. Please remember that the use of our content in your videos has to be non-commercial, meaning you can’t charge users to view your work nor can you sell or license it to others in exchange for any kind of payment.

You can, however, become a part of the YouTube partner program and monetize your videos with content from our games by participating in it or in similar partnership programs used by other video sharing sites. 

Other than that, all we have to say is: create, have fun and be awesome!

The Witcher 3 video policy is out and another good move by the guys at CD Projekt RED.

They understand that videos about their game is free advertisement. 

Link:

http://thewitcher.com/videopolicy

Corsair 900D |ASUS  Maximus V Formula | i7 3770K | 16 GB Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz | Asus GTX 780 |

Intel 520 Series 180Gb SSD | BeQuiet 860W PSU | GPU, CPU, MOBO watercooled with 2x480 rads, 12 BitFenix Spectre Pro total | Acrylic Tubing from Primochill | Icemodz RGB-LEDs | Aquacomputer pump, flow control and fan/liquid control | 27" Dell U2711

Build-Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88573-the-red-beast-900d-780-liquidcooled-first-build/

I think the game got more advertisement than needed.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I love CD Projekt Red. Nintendo should learn from them. It's not also free advertisement- it's also about the fact that if you bought the game you can do whatever you like with it (within reason OFC).

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

All companies should follow this example

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I feel the game is overhyped. Just an opinion.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I love CD Projekt Red. Nintendo should learn from them. It's not also free advertisement- it's also about the fact that if you bought the game you can do whatever you like with it (within reason OFC).

Nintendo doesn't need more advertisement when their stock levels has so many problems, so the free advertisement reason doesn't appeal to them. Everyone should be able to create videos with whatever.

All companies should follow this example

a lot are. I know valve doesn't care if you moentize videos of you using their games. Nor does Rockstar as long as it doesn't contain story cutscenese. I'm not sure if EA has an official statement but they've invited a lot of the big Battlefield youtubers to special events and they even had the guys in Battlefield Friends do some voice acting in BF4.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

a lot are. I know valve doesn't care if you moentize videos of you using their games. Nor does Rockstar as long as it doesn't contain story cutscenese. I'm not sure if EA has an official statement but they've invited a lot of the big Battlefield youtubers to special events and they even had the guys in Battlefield Friends do some voice acting in BF4.

Yeah most do to be fair!

yeah aha I saw that they did that :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Nice. Everyone should follow such example.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

So no Patreon or Vessel pretty much

For Patreon... I mean, that's a little unclear.

You as a person can accept Patreon - that is not prohibited (Nor could they, legally speaking). You cannot put The Witcher 3 behind a paywall though (So Vessel is pretty much out, since they are/will be charging a monthly subscription fee).

What that basically means is that you can accept Patreon, and you can make Witcher 3 videos. But you cannot make subbing to Patreon mandatory.

I'm mostly okay with that policy. I signed up to Vessel for the One Year Free trial I got with LTT, but I doubt I'll pay for the service once the free subscription is over.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

See that Nintendo?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

For Patreon... I mean, that's a little unclear.

You as a person can accept Patreon - that is not prohibited (Nor could they, legally speaking). You cannot put The Witcher 3 behind a paywall though (So Vessel is pretty much out, since they are/will be charging a monthly subscription fee).

What that basically means is that you can accept Patreon, and you can make Witcher 3 videos. But you cannot make subbing to Patreon mandatory.

I'm mostly okay with that policy. I signed up to Vessel for the One Year Free trial I got with LTT, but I doubt I'll pay for the service once the free subscription is over.

Am i missing out on anything with Vessel? Because when I tried to sign up for that deal my internet was running at dialup speeds (my isp screwed up and throttled my connection at 50GB instead of 75GB)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I feel the game is overhyped. Just an opinion.

I share the same opinion. But this topic is about the amazing response from creators.

Unlike other butthurt moneyhungry fuks. We all know few im sure :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

The downgrade pissed me off at first but I realise it had to be done to stay in budget to make the game for all systems, and now after launch they're patching in alot of the missed elements and mods fix the lighting. When I opened the Collector's Edition everything inside seemed to show great care put into it and the game feels the same.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Am i missing out on anything with Vessel? Because when I tried to sign up for that deal my internet was running at dialup speeds (my isp screwed up and throttled my connection at 50GB instead of 75GB)

Personally I don't think you're missing out on anything huge.

The lack of Ads is nice, but the Ads on Youtube don't bother me that much. The quality of the video seems worse on Vessel though. Content wise, yeah you get some videos sooner, but you're still getting Daily releases on LTT Youtube channel, so it doesn't affect my viewing habits. I have enough to watch as it is.

As it stands currently, I don't believe it's worth a monthly sub when Youtube is a free alternative.

However, if you hate Ads, and you must see all the vids as soon as possible, then Vessel will be worth it for some. It certainly pays better for Linus, with better CPM Ad revenue.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The downgrade pissed me off at first but I realise it had to be done to stay in budget to make the game for all systems, and now after launch they're patching in alot of the missed elements and mods fix the lighting. When I opened the Collector's Edition everything inside seemed to show great care put into it and the game feels the same.

Same here. Was upset with the downgrade but the effort put into the game is phenomenal. Anyone saying otherwise just hasn't played the game. I'd rather take the game being huge as it is now and still looking good than have something looking like the 2013 trailers but significantly smaller in scope.

As for the post, I feel as though this should be the norm and shouldn't be a positive from developers but it is. IMO it shouldn't be a marketing point and should be what every developer stands for which unfortunately just doesn't happen.

Finally someone gets it

Isn't this the same policy that almost every dev has? Barring few like Nintendo.

Isn't this the same policy that almost every dev has? Barring few like Nintendo.

Indeed, many devs do have informal policies like that. But many of them don't have an official policy stating exactly what is and is not allowed, so it's nice that CDPR has laid it all out for us. That leaves no room for ambiguity.

This is about as far as they could possibly go without jeopardizing control of their own IP. Kudos to CDPR for raising the bar.

Now if I could just turn on Crossfire for the Witcher 3... (how could I possibly blame AMD? /s)

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR