Handy tech things under $100 - The Thread

Hey guys,

I don't feel as if new installments of Handy Tech under $100 come quickly enough so I thought we could make a thread to highlight other handy tech items under $100.

Rules

1) Make sure things you suggest actually are helpful, although things such as Nerf Guns, or items which serve a similar purpose are permitted

2) $100 or less, no more unless you can fairly justify it

3) Try not to feature things Linus has already highlighted in his videos.

Have fun!

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Just to get things started, I will bring the iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit to light.

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Pro-Tech-Toolkit/IF145-072

This is the toolkit. Not toolkit. The toolkit. This toolkit contains over seventy tools, including tools which can be used to repair phones among other such things. It's currently on sale, so you'd be foolish to not buy it.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Panasonic Eneloops!

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

I have 3 good ones I use

PC Fan Dust Filter cause there is always a place that dust can get in your case sadly....

XPOWER Airrow Pro Multi-Use Duster / Dryer / Air Pump it does so much besides getting the dust out of my case and its also an air pump.... a certain group of people could of used it in a channelsuperfun video 

Swiftech 8-Way PWM Splitter cause fans at full speed are loud

Panasonic Eneloops!

Links please and why are they useful?

I have 3 good ones I use

PC Fan Dust Filter cause there is always a place that dust can get in your case sadly....

XPOWER Airrow Pro Multi-Use Duster / Dryer / Air Pump it does so much besides getting the dust out of my case and its also an air pump.... a certain group of people could of used it in a channelsuperfun video 

Swiftech 8-Way PWM Splitter cause fans at full speed are loud

Was about to use my moms stockings(jk) but now I have this thanks mate

just use your moms stockings it is cheaper. 

Im afraid someone will see me trying to steal it out of her wardrobe

Im afraid someone will see me trying to steal it out of her wardrobe

Steal someone else's mom's stockings

Kappa

Nice job spamming the thread with useless posts guys, good job!

1381.jpg

Audio splitters

1315601-2.jpg

SD card reader, always useful

usb-live2_connectors_small.jpg

Analog to USB converter, super for digitising crap.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

A small flash light. Something that uses a single AA batteries.

"But I have a flash light on my phone!"

You might have that. But that thing is crap. And won't substitute an actual flash light.

1381.jpg

Audio splitters

1315601-2.jpg

A small flash light. Something that uses a single AA batteries.

"But I have a flash light on my phone!"

You might have that. But that thing is crap. And won't substitute an actual flash light.

Could I have links to the models of these products you use?

1381.jpg

Audio splitters

1315601-2.jpg

One post isnt spam... You need to go research some definitions

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

One post isnt spam... You need to go research some definitions

I was talking about you guys as a whole, instead of posting products you started commenting on each other without contributing at all.

I don't mind a conversation at all, but then at least contribute.

I was talking about you guys as a whole, instead of posting products you started commenting on each other without contributing at all.

I don't mind a conversation at all, but then at least contribute.

Who are us guys? And Honestly I could care less what you think, you could have just ignored my comment and moved on.

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

A 4GB USB key with nothing on in but Windows (and labelled windows). I came up with this idea to just keep one lying around after I was faffing about on my old laptop with dual boot and screwed up windows, and had to borrow another computer to get a bootable USB drive. Now I just keep it around, and it's actually surprisingly saved my bacon a couple of times. (I need to stop playing around with dual boot on that laptop honestly)

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

-snip-

I have 2nd product you mentioned. It's for phones mostly right? (Hence the micro USB connection).

What do you mostly use it for?

It doesn't work with my mouse (wired) or graphics tablet (wired), but it does work with my mini SD card

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have 2nd product you mentioned. It's for phones mostly right? (Hence the micro USB connection).

What do you mostly use it for?

It doesn't work with my mouse (wired) or graphics tablet (wired), but it does work with my mini SD card

I use it for my tablet, to transfer photos.

A 4GB USB key with nothing on in but Windows (and labelled windows). I came up with this idea to just keep one lying around after I was faffing about on my old laptop with dual boot and screwed up windows, and had to borrow another computer to get a bootable USB drive. Now I just keep it around, and it's actually surprisingly saved my bacon a couple of times. (I need to stop playing around with dual boot on that laptop honestly)

Which one do you use? =P

Which one do you use? =P

Just some Lexar one, nothing special, just really handy. Like Linus has said in a previous handy tech episode, it's not about how many times you find it handy, it's how handy it becomes when you desperately need it.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz)