My Awkward Call with Linus

If you guys didn't realise, on one of the recent WAN shows, Linus accidentally peeps/flashes/shows his phone number. I just realised that today after watching the archive. I just wanted to call the number to see if it worked. I called and after some rings, someone said "Linus Speaking". I was like holy balls. Didn't expect that to work. I hang up without saying anything. Just a couple minutes ago, called him and talked to him. Here's how it went.

Linus: Linus speaking

Me: Hey. Just wanted to quickly let you know that on one of the recent WAN shows, you accidentally showed your mobile number.

Linus: *laugh* I know :)

Me: Cool, just wanted to make sure you knew. Thanks.

Me & Linus: bye.

CALL ENDS

awkward :0

Edited by smithmconnor

You have spoken to the great linus, what wisdom have you gained?

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Why did you even call him

what is wrong with you people

Hahaha! 

Wonder how many calls he got :o

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Why did you even call him

what is wrong with you people

this

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The real question is how did you get his phone number? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Hey, just wanted to make sure he knew so he could change his number in case of any extreme situation. I just gained that he had a weird laugh and an awkward sense of humour. And I must respect the Great Linus so I will not be releasing his number.

The real question is how did you get his phone number? 

The real question is how did you not read OPs post?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Hahaha! 

Wonder how many calls he got :o

Yeah. Looking back at the WAN show, he probably got a lot of calls.

Hey, just wanted to make sure he knew so he could change his number in case of any extreme situation. I just gained that he had a weird laugh and an awkward sense of humour. And I must respect the Great Linus so I will not be releasing his number.

So you think with the amount of people who saw his number on screen during the stream didn't already let him know via Twitter? I also know the mods and at least one LMG employee watches the stream, so I think he'd know.

The real question is how did you not read OPs post?

Because I started reading it and it started to make little sense and I stopped. Also "accidentally peeps" makes sense after reading a few times now but didn't initially. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

So you think with the amount of people who saw his number on screen during the stream didn't already let him know via Twitter? I also know the mods and at least one LMG employee watches the stream, so I think he'd know.

Good point. I really can't argue with that. But hey, better safe than sorry.

...but I can just watch the archive lol. I probably don't have the balls to actually call him, but I'll look out for it xD

Yay, you're the first person I've seen on LTT that lives in my area lol

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

Because I started reading it and it started to make little sense and I stopped. Also "accidentally peeps" makes sense after reading a few times now but didn't initially. 

Just edited it :)

Yeah. Looking back at the WAN show, he probably got a lot of calls.

Can you give me a timestamp of when it happened?  :ph34r:

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i would of asked for a GTX titan X (or Z i dont remember which but i think its X) :^)

Was thinking of that. Would have been rude and people already would have already called him, looking back.

Can you give me a timestamp of when it happened?  :ph34r:

I must respect Thy Linus. So sadly, no. The mods may come in here then anyways.

I must respect Thy Linus. So sadly, no. The mods may come in here then anyways.

hmm, understandable. 

Lel. Hopefully this post doesn't blow up overnight. Linus would probably take this post really weirdly if he saw it.

while we are at it, I have the address for the new LMG office. 

Spoiler

He's probably gonna mention something on the WAN show now like "X number of people called me."

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~