How is this even possible?!

Olivertheguy

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4337926205

This is a speed test I have just done, I like 20m from the BT exchange, can someone please explain how this is possible? 1.5mbps, we pay for 17mbps but only get this!!!

It still odd how some parts of the UK are still in the 2000,  :angry: I am super anoyed about this, I think we may be getting fiber in a few years though, lol

Aim high, hit low. - Oliver Guy (Me)

If you can't make it good, at least make it look good. - Bill Gates

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Crap access point? WiFi going through several walls? I'm not surprised by your speed that it can happen.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4337926205

This is a speed test I have just done, I like 20m from the BT exchange, can someone please explain how this is possible? 1.5mbps, we pay for 17mbps but only get this!!!

It still odd how some parts of the UK are still in the 2000,  :angry: I am super anoyed about this, I think we may be getting fiber in a few years though, lol

i'd die if i had that lol

4337959634.png

i just got krappy dsl

I live in regional australia, I weep for you, I really do. Only thing I might suggest is checking to see if they're selling you 17Mb/s, Or 17MB/s. One is 17 megabits, the other is 17 Megabytes.

There can be multiple reasons, it's not necessarily the isp's fault.

1) you could have a poor wireless connection, courtesy of walls, distance or interference.

2) other people may be downloading something big while you are doing the speedtest

3) OR, your isp sucks.

Watch this video to see if you can improve your wifi:

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Here in Australia the national average is about 10... MBPS!!! That is about 1.2 mb/s. You may be wondering how, and I will expain it to you:

TELSTRA

I feel your pain, I only get 2.3Mb/s and my friend has the same exact internet plan as me and he gets around 100Mb/s

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

I feel your pain, I only get 2.3Mb/s and my friend has the same exact internet plan as me and he gets around 100Mb/s

He must have cable and u have adsl or he might be on the NBN - I've got cable and it's amazing - 100mb/s and laughing :D

He must have cable and u have adsl or he might be on the NBN - I've got cable and it's amazing - 100mb/s and laughing - It just coss a lot...

Yeah he's got cable and for some reason they have started the doing NBN in his area when they obviously don't need it.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

How are your dl speeds with torrents (legal ofc) or Steam/Origin? Because Speedtest can be inaccurate at times. Today it showed correct speed for my 100/100, but sometimes it shows really weird scores. And was this while your connection was at idle?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Have you got a data limit, and have you hit it?

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Here in Australia the national average is about 10... MBPS!!! That is about 1.2 mb/s. You may be wondering how, and I will expain it to you:

TELSTRA

http://www.netindex.com/download/2,18/Australia/

Slightly higher.  Blaming telstra for poor speeds is like blaming the government for being full of politicians.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Crap access point? WiFi going through several walls? I'm not surprised by your speed that it can happen.

Multiple people on Wi-Fi does this to me.

I live in regional australia, I weep for you, I really do. Only thing I might suggest is checking to see if they're selling you 17Mb/s, Or 17MB/s. One is 17 megabits, the other is 17 Megabytes.

There can be multiple reasons, it's not necessarily the isp's fault.

1) you could have a poor wireless connection, courtesy of walls, distance or interference.

2) other people may be downloading something big while you are doing the speedtest

3) OR, your isp sucks.

Watch this video to see if you can improve your wifi:

Have you got a data limit, and have you hit it?

Just so everyone knows, this is what it is most of the time, sometimes, at midnight or early morning hours it goes up to 17 down, 1.5 up. Also I am connected via a cable to the router, so no wifi isn't the problem, even if I was using wifi, my computer is 30cm away from the router.  And our wifi is "unlimited" so its not because of that either, its just there rubbish equipment and stuff at their end lol

Aim high, hit low. - Oliver Guy (Me)

If you can't make it good, at least make it look good. - Bill Gates

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Just so everyone knows, this is what it is most of the time, sometimes, at midnight or early morning hours it goes up to 17 down, 1.5 up. Also I am connected via a cable to the router, so no wifi isn't the problem, even if I was using wifi, my computer is 30cm away from the router.  And our wifi is "unlimited" so its not because of that either, its just there rubbish equipment and stuff at their end lol

Well it seems like it's so low because there are going to be many more people on it during the day time.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |