how do you properly unbox new computer parts and keep it from dying

zebo

i just bought some computer parts and i just wanna know how to open them and where i can place them without killing them from static

Just put them on a clean empty table and you will be fine.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Ground yourself. Turn your computer off, leave it plugged in, touch the metal of your case. Not the component. Don't be on carpet, ground yourself every minute - few minutes. Put them on a clean surface/table. Wood, marble, granite, etc, are all fine.

Ground yourself. Turn your computer off, leave it plugged in, touch the metal of your case. Not the component. Don't be on carpet, ground yourself every minute - few minutes. Put them on a clean surface/table. Wood, marble, granite, etc, are all fine.

i have an anti-static wrist band but i have carpet not wood and i dont have my case

Being naked helps prevent static build up from your clothes.

are there any tutorials

JK....

Being naked helps prevent static build up from your clothes.

Just remember to keep your sensitive bits away from your sensitive electronics.

3d9.png

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

You have to go to a computer store and ask to use their anti-static room. They will put you in a big suit in a special room. They charge by the hour and it's quite expensive so be quick.

Just put them on top of the box until you're installing them... Or only take them out when you're installing them. All i personally do is build on the kitchen table and touch something metal with anything metallic, then just occasionally touch the case.  

I build on a wooden table barefoot with a tshirt and jeans, just dont wear a sweater or sweatpants, or just be naked.

You will be fine if u follow that.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

You have to go to a computer store and ask to use their anti-static room. They will put you in a big suit in a special room. They charge by the hour and it's quite expensive so be quick.

Wouldn't be surprised if stores actually claimed this and people believed them... 

Never even heard of this before, just get an antistatic leg strap and work on wood surface?

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Unless you actually try to break stuff or handle them VERY carelessly there is actually a very small risk of things breaking, just use your common sense.

Build: GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 780 CPU: Intel i5 4690 MoBo: AsRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB PSU: Seasonic 550W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Obsidian 500R

Like any other electronic device. With clean hands, carefully and using packaging material for keeping then off the table/floor before installing them. Grounding comes important only when installing CPU to mobo. You should be careful about it all the time, but thats the most crucial part.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just place the items on the box they came in. Ex: motherboard on the motherboard box, gpu on the gpu box, etc. 

You can also build part of the pc outside the case (put the ram and cpu in the motherboard) on the motherboards box.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

First, your motherboard box is a perfect place to set your motherboard, and mount your CPU, and your air cooler (if you're air cooling), along with RAM. The motherboard box is cardboard, so it isn't conductive, so it makes a perfect place to get things started. Don't ever place parts on top of that grey anti-static bag, because the outside is almost always made of a conductive material to keep the electricity from the inside of the bag. Unboxing the GPU is the same way, just let it be on the top of the box until you're ready to install it. With a power supply, since it has the case around it, don't worry about keeping it away from static, so long as it doesn't shock the fragile PCB inside.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

Use the force Luke

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

i just bought some computer parts and i just wanna know how to open them and where i can place them without killing them from static

Killing a computer part with static is actually quite difficult. I've never heared of anyone actually doing so, ever. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Only take them out when you're about to use them and handle them around the edges. Just make sure they don't fall or get wet and you should be fine.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*