The First USB Type - C Phones (3 of Them)

MrOooozi

http://www.stuff.tv/news/worlds-first-phone-usb-type-c-port-here-and-youve-probably-never-heard-it

LeTV, a big shot in China's entertainment industry, has unveiled the world's first smartphones to feature the fancy new port, which has a number of benefits over the existing microUSB standard.

Like Apple's Lightning connector, USB Type-C connectors are reversible, which means no more random stabbing at your phone in the dark on your return from a night out. Hooray!

USB Type-C ports can also be used to connect devices to external display, supporting HDMI, VGA and DisplayPort, negating the need for a separate alternative like a miniHDMI port.

The Chinese company will release a trio of smartphones packing in the new connector.

In case you were wondering about specs

LE 1 (Low end)

the_le_1s_thin_bezels_make_it_super-easy

5.5in Full HD Screen

Mediatek Helio X10 64 bit processor (meh...)

3GB RAM

13MP f/2.0 rear camera

5MP f/2.0 front camera

3000mAh battery

LE 1 Pro (Midgrade)

upgrade_to_a_2k_screen_and_dolby_dts_aud

5.5in 2K display

Snapdragon 810

13MP f/2.0 rear camera

4MP f/2.0 wide angle "large pixel" front camera

4GB RAM

Dolby DTS audio , but no front facing stereo speakers... come on now.

1mm bezels... Wow

LE MAX(High End Phablet)

the_le_max_features_akg-tuned_audio_and_

6.3in 2K display

Snapdragon 810

4GB RAM

21MP f/2.0 with 4k video (Sony Sensor)

Custom DAC with AKG Audio

Wireless HDMI

Fingerprint sensor

3400mAh Battery

.8mm bezels OMG 

Honestly speaking they look like HTC's One devices minus front facing speakers(come on now). I will probably never use these phones but they do have me kind of excited.They have pretty decent specs. No word on the OS they will run, but it seems it might be proprietary. Not too many details at this point but I'm quite surprised the type-c port made it onto a phone or I guess phones already.

Who do you think will announce the first USB type-c phone in the US? I'm just curious.

edge to edge screen , so sexy . Too bad it probably looks worse in real life

Of course it's some Chinese brand no one has ever heard of....

Why do they bother listing the screens at 2K. 2K = 1080p. I guess its to make them look more impressive?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Why do they bother listing the screens at 2K. 2K = 1080p. I guess its to make them look more impressive?

2K is more than 1080p. 2K is an actual standard resolution. Just like you have UHD and 4K. 4K has more pixels than UHD, similarly 2K has more than 1080p. 

Fark those screen sizes...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Neat.

Apple could have incorporated the Type C connector into the charger for the Apple Watch if they were smart about it. That way they would have gotten another foot into the market of Type C devices.

ETA on sales?

Nope. My guess is they will get a typical flagship price.

2K is more than 1080p. 2K is an actual standard resolution. Just like you have UHD and 4K. 4K has more pixels than UHD, similarly 2K has more than 1080p. 

2k is 2048x1080, so 1080p is commonly bundled into the 2k term.

Neat.

Apple could have incorporated the Type C connector into the charger for the Apple Watch if they were smart about it. That way they would have gotten another foot into the market of Type C devices.

since when did apple make any connector that wasn't their

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Neat.

I would think that if anything they would go lightning just to push their own technology. I also don't know if having a physical port on the apple watch would line up with the design aesthetics of the devices.

Good post!

Personally I don't see the resemblance to the HTC phone at all, and saying "looks like minus the front speakers"...well, that's the main distinguishing feature, isn't it ;)
All phones have the same basic look. After all, they're slabs of glass with a camera on the back.

It's a shame there are no actual pictures of the device. Renders do little to excite me.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

since when did apple make any connector that wasn't their

The new MacBook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would think that if anything they would go lightning just to push their own technology. I also don't know if having a physical port on the apple watch would line up with the design aesthetics of the devices.

I don't mean directly into the watch, but to have a female Type C connection on the charging puck for the watch. That way you will be able to use the Male Type C connector for other devices. Such as future phones, tablets, laptops, etc.

*sigh*, and all of my old laptops and legacy rigs only have 1.5-2GB RAM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Neat.

You wouldn't want to have a connector that exposes the device to liquid, and thus rendering it not water resistant. 

You wouldn't want to have a connector that exposes the device to liquid, and thus rendering it not water resistant. 

I don't mean directly into the watch, but to have a female Type C connection on the charging puck for the watch. That way you will be able to use the Male Type C connector for other devices. Such as future phones, tablets, laptops, etc.

The new MacBook? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok I see what you mean, but even then I would think lightning before I ever thought usb.

Maybe USB-C will help with endurance for multiple uses so the port lasts longer.

HTC One ripoff with better specs 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Good post!

Personally I don't see the resemblance to the HTC phone at all, and saying "looks like minus the front speakers"...well, that's the main distinguishing feature, isn't it ;)

All phones have the same basic look. After all, they're slabs of glass with a camera on the back.

It's a shame there are no actual pictures of the device. Renders do little to excite me.

I mean that is true, but the metal non removable back and the antenna bands look familiar.

But, maybe you're right. Ever since the M7 I associate aluminum built slabs with HTC unless it's an iPhone. Force of habit.

Apple will never use USB on an iPad/iPhone as it would allow users to root their devices. That's why apple developed lightning in the first place

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

It would limit the internal space as well. The lightning connecter in person isn't that large but compared to a watch it could be pretty big. Also Apple doesn't want there Watch users to be tethered as well i think. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III