Bioshock Infinite (great game Y/N)

So I finally got round to playing Bioshock infinite last week and I got to say it was easily the best game i've played in years, Yeah it was kinda short but visually jaw dropping especially as I played on my 1080p projector. I felt the balance between storyline and upgrading/collecting was just right IE not too much of the game was spent wandering about collecting crap. I think it played really nicely and the storyline was pretty good. 

curious to hear your opinions on this, am I alone in this conclusion or do you agree. I was never much of a Bioshock 1/2 couldn't get in to them but I'll definitely be going back now.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I think it's a great game, and with it going on sale on Steam all the time, it's definitely worth picking up.

Personally I find the controls a bit clunky, but still, great game. Visually awesome too.  

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

Have not beaten it (I'm like 10 hours in), but even on my crappy hardware it looks great and plays great.

It's up there with the best and if you like FPS adventure games with atmosphere you should play it :)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Played it 2 times, and 1999 mode, awesome game, 10/10 would play again

Completing linear first-person games is rare for me, and I ended up doing it twice for Bioshock:Infinite, so it was definitely a great game for me. I personally preferred the environment in the first two games, but everything else felt like an improvement. 

Game was awesome. DLC was kinda good. 

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

game=one of the best ive ever played, i beat it a week or two after it came out, sitll not over the ending

dlc is bleh, although im not really a reliable source for an opinion on this because i didnt really bother with much of the extras

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Nice game, great story.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

game=one of the best ive ever played, i beat it a week or two after it came out, sitll not over the ending

dlc is bleh, although im not really a reliable source for an opinion on this because i didnt really bother with much of the extras

I know what you mean i only played the dlc for about two minutes then put it down was a bit disappointing. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Huh, I've heard the DLC was generally well received and a lot of people even thought it would be worthy as a stand alone game.

Anyway, overall great game with a cool storyline and awesome aesthetics. The combat feels like wasted potential though, the secondary attack for every ability was the same "set trap with different effect", the air tracks were really cool though. 

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

So I finally got round to playing Bioshock infinite last week and I got to say it was easily the best game i've played in years, Yeah it was kinda short but visually jaw dropping especially as I played on my 1080p projector. I felt the balance between storyline and upgrading/collecting was just right IE not too much of the game was spent wandering about collecting crap. I think it played really nicely and the storyline was pretty good. 

curious to hear your opinions on this, am I alone in this conclusion or do you agree. I was never much of a Bioshock 1/2 couldn't get in to them but I'll definitely be going back now.

As far as its world, story, and art direction, it was spectacular.

The gameplay is where it suffers—it's an arcade-y shooter. It doesn't even have particularly strong shooting mechanics. The guns felt quite wimpy, and correspondingly enemies felt like bullet sponges. And while it isn't a strict CoD-style linear game that kills you for taking a wrong turn, such a world deserved much more exploration than it allowed.

Obviously you aren't alone in liking such an enormously successful game, and it's not like it's terrible or not worth a playthrough. It's just that, in my opinion, it was so good in some regards that it's problems tended to be a bit overlooked.

The gameplay is where it suffers—it's an arcade-y shooter. It doesn't even have particularly strong shooting mechanics. The guns felt quite wimpy, and correspondingly enemies felt like bullet sponges. And while it isn't a strict CoD-style linear game that kills you for taking a wrong turn, such a world deserved much more exploration than it allowed.

Obviously you aren't alone in liking such an enormously successful game, and it's not like it's terrible or not worth a playthrough. It's just that, in my opinion, it was so good in some regards that it's problems tended to be a bit overlooked.

I think thats fair although I think if you could explore more it might have taken away from the gameplay a bit. I do wish you could explore a bit more saying that though a #s it would make me more inclined to play through again.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I think thats fair although I think if you could explore more it might have taken away from the gameplay a bit. I do wish you could explore a bit more saying that though a #s it would make me more inclined to play through again.

I personally think exploring that world would have been much more compelling than shooting dudes in it. I'd not have minded something taking away from that gameplay. :P

My favorite sections of that game were those that had no combat at all. The intro sequence up to approximately the carnival, stuff where the Luteces were involved, the stealth and exposition portions of Burial at Sea, etc.

Brilliant game. I went into it Blind as never played the previous titles. It was one of the first games i played with a gaming PC on a projector with noise cancelling Headphones,  and it will leave me me with great memories (and a need of for a new pair of underwear after the 'that' jumpscare) I recommend it everyone and i now roll it out when showing off my 4K gaming setup as it looks beautiful and runs great on my 42" 4KTV on single GTX980

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Play burial at sea! and 1 and 2 if you havnt already

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is basically how I feel about it. Good game, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to say that it's a great game. 

Great game...be sure to get the DLC during next Steam sale...those are great pieces of content for the game!

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

N

The first Bioshock was great. Bioshock 2 was bad.

Bioshock Infinite was alright.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."