Experiences with non-techies

47 minutes ago, themctipers said:

ill be hackentoshing. i already have a .dmg somewhere and will install that shit to my pc asap

although i am stuck to... 30 fps csgo at highest settings without AA or vsync... :(

Careful.  Isn't saying you're going to do that a forum no no?  >_>  (Wouldn't want you to get in trouble.)

What's a .dmg?

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Careful.  Isn't saying you're going to do that a forum no no?  >_>  (Wouldn't want you to get in trouble.)

What's a .dmg?

An OS X executable Mac equivalent of an ISO

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Office 365 is a scam by MS to squeeze more money out of people who don't know better.

Even older versions of MS office are still perfectly fine to use even now.  I'm still using ms word, PowerPoint, excel 2007 with no trouble at all.  The only reason to buy new copies of ms office is if you need additional computer authorizations available. 

I use LibreOffice, personally. 

Specs:

50 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Although I hate Apple with a passion. There are a lot of college students going to mac. First of all Office 365 works on Windows and MAC. So yeah, MS office is on MAC now. Some people like Mac OS better than Windows. Considering recent events and Microsoft forcing shit on to people, I dont blame them. If they already own many MAC's, it really doesnt make much sense for them to get a Windows machine. I mean, who says they know how to use Windows? The only reason I have Windows is, I started with Windows 3.11 and worked my way up. Im sure if I started on Mac OS, Id be a MAC person. Now I will say, I consider Apple to be like a cult. Its like there customers worship them like PC gamer's worship our Lord and Savior Gaben. 

Times are changing. Hell Im considering Linux, especially if MS kills up Win32. If they lock shit to the Windows Store, Ill be done with MS forever. 

If you have wver used Office on a Mac it is cancer, nothing works the same as it does in windows, I literally couldn't figure out how to do stuff in excel due to no right click, and when it was fullsceen it didn't show all of the regular tabs. 

And if you are still running a 32bit os those have been out of date even since computers started using more then 4gb of ram, and a lot of software has moved away from it completely.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's a .dmg?

what do you mean? macs allow you to legit get the DMG for their OS..

:) 

Just now, SLAYR said:

If you have wver used Office on a Mac it is cancer, nothing works the same as it does in windows, I literally couldn't figure out how to do stuff in excel due to no right click, and when it was fullsceen it didn't show all of the regular tabs. 

And if you are still running a 32bit os those have been out of date even since computers started using more then 4gb of ram, and a lot of software has moved away from it completely.

even pentium 4's have 64bit support.

(also, it takes a few minutes for office to load on C2D and powerpc macs running leopard or slow leopard..)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

An OS X executable

Is an executable the installer for the OS?  What you use to create a bootable disc or USB drive.

12 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Who or what is Gaben?

Leave. Now. /s He's the creator of Valve, which made steam.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is an executable the installer for the OS?  What you use to create a bootable disc or USB drive.

Sorry, my mistake. Take a look at my edit.

Specs:

7 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's an ISO for the os

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

12 minutes ago, themctipers said:

what do you mean? macs allow you to legit get the DMG for their OS..

:) 

You know that's not true.  Not for doing *that*.  >_>

20 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Who or what is Gaben?

image.jpeg

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Idk that I enjoy MacOS.  It's been over a decade since I last used a Mac.  That my parents owned.

Bunnies and ponies are NOT disgusting.  ?

I use an iPad Air not a pro btw.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

I have an iPad Air also! :P 

Yay! iPad Air buddies (I have an air 2)!

Tbh the iPads are one of the few products from Apple I personally actually like, with the others being MacBook Pro retina 13" and some iPhones. I don't care too much for the customizability of android for my tablet and iPads have superior hardware compared to other tablets so... Yeah.

18 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Who or what is Gaben?  

We have ourselves a traitor boys! He doesn't know who our savior, he who we worship, he who we preach to so that we can prevent world war 3! Kill him, my glorious pcmasterrace, the glorious race that shall one day rule the world! Kill this console peasant for once and for all!!! /s

He's the co-founder of valve, which created steam, so he's often seen as the great god and king of the pcmasterrace.

P.S. On the subject of Gaben preventing world war 3... I found this: image.png

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

15 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Leave. Now. /s He's the creator of Valve, which made steam.

The same mean evil a Valve who makes a game series the world loves to death yet refuses to pull their heads out of a certain body part icky stuff comes out of and FINISH THE DAMN SERIES?!  ?

Seriously, why make a couple of those HL2 episode things but then not make/release the last one?  

There was supposed to be an episode 3 and if I reminder right ep 2 ends with a cliffhanger intended to lead into ep 3.  

Not to mention that the gaming community has been going nuts hoping for a HL3 yet despite the fact that making HL3 would essentially allow Valve to PRINT MONEY they're too stupid to do that.

Sorry.  I just HATE it when developers leave a series unfinished despite overwhelming popular support/demand/interest.    

13 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Sorry, my mistake. Take a look at my edit.

It's ok.  I appreciate the clarification.  

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

The same mean evil a Valve who makes a game series the world loves to death yet refuses to pull their heads out of a certain body part icky stuff comes out of and FINISH THE DAMN SERIES?!  ?

Seriously, why make a couple of those HL2 episode things but then not make/release the last one?  

There was supposed to be an episode 3 and if I reminder right ep 2 ends with a cliffhanger intended to lead into ep 3.  

Not to mention that the gaming community has been going nuts hoping for a HL3 yet despite the fact that making HL3 would essentially allow Valve to PRINT MONEY they're too stupid to do that.

Sorry.  I just HATE it when developers leave a series unfinished despite overwhelming popular support/demand/interest.    

I'm certain they have their reasons for not creating HL3 - I wouldn't go so far to call our Lord and Saviour of the PCMR, Gaben Stupid... 

image.jpeg

He does sit on the Steam throne, fashioned from the dollar bills sucked from the wallets of parents from around the world. - He has to know something that we don't. 

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

People have extremely high expectations for hl3 if it isn't anything less then perfect there will be riots.

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

You know that's not true.  Not for doing *that*.  >_>

Not for hackentoshing? Oh wait -- you have to patch it still.. Let's stop before we both get banned xD 

8 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Tbh the iPads are one of the few products from Apple I personally actually like, with the others being MacBook Pro retina 13" and some iPhones. I don't care too much for the customizability of android for my tablet and iPads have superior hardware compared to other tablets so... Yeah.

Oh hell no. It's only for iPad Air 1 only :3 /s

(we got another one in our Apple ecosystem! Quick throw another apple logo!!)

if if anything I only use an iPad for gaming (superior hardware!) and content consumption.. Although I jailbreak for some customizing 

i probably worded this really badly. :( 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

29 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

We have ourselves a traitor boys! He doesn't know who our savior, he who we worship, he who we preach to so that we can prevent world war 3! Kill him, my glorious pcmasterrace, the glorious race that shall one day rule the world! Kill this console peasant for once and for all!!! /s

He's the co-founder of valve, which created steam, so he's often seen as the great god and king of the pcmasterrace.

P.S. On the subject of Gaben preventing world war 3... I found this: 

iPads can be pretty nice for what they can do.

Eep spare me space Kermit!  ? lol

20 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

People have extremely high expectations for hl3 if it isn't anything less then perfect there will be riots.

I'd settle for making it at all.   

26 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

I'm certain they have their reasons for not creating HL3 - I wouldn't go so far to call our Lord and Saviour of the PCMR, Gaben Stupid... 

He does sit on the Steam throne, fashioned from the dollar bills sucked from the wallets of parents from around the world. - He has to know something that we don't. 

Their reason is they hate me.  ? ?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

iPads can be pretty nice for what they can do.

Eep spare me space Kermit!   lol

if i had an ipad on ios 7.1.2 i would jailbreak and install "OS Experience"

I used to have it. It was fucking awesome.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

if i had an ipad on ios 7.1.2 i would jailbreak and install "OS Experience"

I used to have it. It was fucking awesome.

What's that?

Well i got one interesting conversation from someone at yahoo answers

So a user was asking if an i5 without a graphics card on 45+ settings

Now of course a lot of the answerers ( i just stumbled upon the question in hand and didn't answer it just to see the other answers for fun) stated that his computer won't even load since an igpu is also considered a graphics card if the i5 processor had one

Then this one guy (who got the best answer by the author for some reason) called everyone idiots and stated that the i5 has integrated graphics, so minecraft should run at 45+ on minecraft...

Now I decide to comment on his so called "Educated/techsavy answer" and tell him "So you assume that every i5 core processor is going to have an igpu, who's the idiot now :)"  Also take note that the author of the question didn't also specify which i5 core at all LOL

I definitively should come up with more of these stories LOL 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

What's that?

osexperience1.jpg

(also the iOS 7 control center is sexy as fuuuuuuuck.. iOS 8+'s sucks.)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

27 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

HA HA HA HA HA. HL3 is a myth. We have a better chance of the US government coming out and telling us Aliens Exist then we have to see HL3. I am convinced the game will never see the light of day. Valve to me is no longer a Software Company. They are now a service company, their service is Steam. 

When was the last time they released a game that mattered? Portal 2? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.