Parts List for the ULTIMATE Phase Change Cooling PC Build Guide

...Yeah, dehumidifier would have been a much better option. >.<

Yeah but, killing 2 birds with 1 stone is a totally OP strategy doe (if you're looking to upgrade your mobo.) ;)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

i am a bit surprised, as i saw the temperature of the setup were -6 degress celsius..

i remember in the old days with the early intel pentium 820D with an exchange of gas on an old asetek solution, the cooling went much lower, and the setup was fairly silent.. it still sounded like a fridge, but it really wasn´t that bad.

it was fun playing with it (a left over system from work), but we lost the motherboard due to kondensation, and the system got smashed by a dothan on a socket converter, with a simple cooler, because of the netburst architecture on the pentium 4, which were that bad..

the pentium 4

The definition of "hot" right there. Also, to respond to the rest of your post, I'm guessing it was cfc regulations.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Oh quick question guys.

Why does sub zero cooling have so many names? There's Freon cooling, Peltier cooling and now Phase Change cooling.

I believe anything other than air cooling would be a phase change cooling system. Since its changing the form of cooling, from liquid, gas, ect. 

I believe anything other than air cooling would be a phase change cooling system. Since its changing the form of cooling, from liquid, gas, ect. 

I personally call it "ice-cooling" your PC :)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I personally call it "ice-cooling" your PC :)

Here in Denmark we called it compressor cooling (direct translation) or VAPO cooling.

the Pentium 4, running at high oc was idling at -20 c, it was fun back then... also doing LAN´s with a Vapor cooled pc and a 21 inch CRT screen, great training session, setting up your system.

I'm curious how loud that phase change machine is.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I'm curious how loud that phase change machine is.

Well hold your fridge door open for about 3-4 mins till the compressor kicks on and imagine that all the time with the pc since it will be a constant cooling situation rather than a hold and maintain situation

*drool* So want to try one but those phase change coolers are expensive! 

wow i think that's the biggest CPU cooler I have ever seen

GPU: GTX 980 Matrix            CPU: I5 4690k           Case: Cosair 750D         Motherboard: Maximus vii formula            Memory: 4x4 gb hyperx fury           Storage: samsung 840 evo 256gb     

Come to think of it, should have used it on one of AMD's 9590 CPUs.

Exactly what I was thinking, a tiny little low powered 4 core Intel? Of course it would do well.

Slap it on a 16 thread 8 core at least or, as you mention, the AMD power hungry monster FX 9590.

THEN

Try to benchmark it for max speed like they do at the competitions with Liquid Nitrogen. 

See how close they can get to the,,, what is it, 8ghz per core?

Then I would be impressed.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

I'm totally willing to fork out the money for a case like this, but what's the long term lifespan of computer phase change coolers?

Wow the responses of my question haha

Thank for satisfying my curiosity guys xD

I wonder what type of overclocks I could get with this or LN2 on a graphics card...

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

I'm curious though why no grease was used in the socket and various slots on the board. 

• 2 weeks later...

epic build! i would love to see more sub-ambient/zero cooling related content on the channel 

• 3 weeks later...

why didnt you include footage of how noisey it is?

I saw  this case in the LGA 775 days overclocking a core2 quad.

1134-opened.jpg

• 4 months later...

Cool build, I never thought that you could use art remover to insulate a CPU. 

Thanks for the build Linus

• 2 weeks later...

There should be any way of getting all that stuff without buying that 1000 dollar or more CASE like what the hell who has money for this shit??

Phase cooling unit i searched it and i've no idea to find it 

Ebay suggestions or Amazon plz? also that ereaser stuff and backplate screws thing no links for it either...

• 1 month later...

I have watch video recently and there are couple questions in my mind;

1. can i add phase change cooler (external ld PC-V2 115V Phase Change cooler) to digital storm hailstorm II liquid cooling pc

2. if so the difference between cpu and gpu will be too high does it affect the performance and life of motherboard which will be asus x99-e ws/usb3.1

3. according to answers and extensive detailed search i will order quad sli titan x liquid cooled hailstorm II but i will specially designed the system so there will be no loop for cpu and add ld PC-V2 115V Phase Change system outside the case and just connect cpu heat change tubing

4. Is ld PC-V2 115V Phase Change system has its own power suppy system so that when i start computer first i start phase cooling system then after system is reached certain temp fire up the pc (which is 4 min according to LD)

Thanks for the answers

• 4 years later...

Will guys ever do another build on this case with current components?