Parts List for the ULTIMATE Phase Change Cooling PC Build Guide

What kind of cooling best fits a "white out" themed build? Sub-zero, of course! And how exactly do you get sub-zero cooling? Well, the way that WE did it was through a phase change system...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d0B0Dli-1g&feature=youtu.be

I'm going to list out the components as well as provide a source or two for where you can get them   :)

I can't tell you where to buy this stuff, but I do lean towards NCIX for the Canadians (and International viewers if their pricing and shipping costs work out for you) because they're my bros, and for Americans, Brits, and a couple other regions, the Amazon links below are affiliate links, so of course every little bit helps   :)

CORE COMPONENTS

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K Unlocked Four Core Processor with HyperThreading

SSD: Intel 730 Series

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S
Case: LD Cooling PC-V10
Video Card: GALAX GTX 980 Hall of Fame

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1yhGTFV

Amazonhttp://geni.us/3G59

GALAX: http://bit.ly/1GAWrHK

RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury White
NCIX: http://bit.ly/1GAWy5Z
Power Supply: Corsair AX860i
Amazonhttp://geni.us/S0M

Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB
Amazonhttp://geni.us/2hLX

Monitor (gaming): Acer XB270HU Bprz 27in WQHD G-SYNC IPS 144HZ LED Monitor

Cooling Components

Extra Fans: 

Neat... :D

Sounds.... Cool.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Finally! Thanks nick :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I've actually done a really ghetto version of phase change cooling with parts from an old freezer, so having a proper parts list will be nice (even if I need to 'preserve' a motherboard and CPU for however long it takes to save).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Been waiting for this...

Corsair Obsidan 750D - ASUS Crosshair V Formula - AMD FX-8350 (stock) - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x  Ghz OC 4GB - Samsung 840 EVO 256GB (OS) - many other drives (11TB total) - 23" hp LV2311 (main) + 2x 23" ASUS PA233QR (peripheral) monitors - CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate (cherry browns) - Razer Naga 2014

I'm surprised there's a "pre made" solution available for this sort of thing.  Didn't think there'd be much of a market to sustain it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Hmm, would it be worth going into an area experiencing drought to do this? Just to avoid as much moisture as possible?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Only minor annoyance I have about this are those unsleeved cables... Otherwise it's just bloody amazing. 

Also, Linus, you are Canadian, y u no 'zed'?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Only minor annoyance I have about this are those unsleeved cables... Otherwise it's just bloody amazing. 

Also, Linus, you are Canadian, y u no 'zed'?

When the majority of your business is done with Americans, you adapt pretty quickly :P 

Hmm, would it be worth going into an area experiencing drought to do this? Just to avoid as much moisture as possible?

No, if you're at the point where condensation is a problem it won't matter either way.

If you properly insulate the CPU socket it's not an issue in any humidity.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

IT'S FINALLY HERE

SUB ZERO BUILD

<3

Edit: So liquid nitrogen build guide next? :D

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Hmm. Makes me think. Wonder if you could run two loops, one direct to the cpu, and one to a rad submerged under mineral oil..... Wouldn't have to worry about moisture getting to components. If you get condensation on the top it'd sink to the bottom, and with the proper setup of float switch (mineral oil has a different density to water) you could have a pump switch on to pump out any water that accumulates at the bottom before it can reach components.

Thanks for the video

P.S. no way in hell am I doing this myself.

Oh quick question guys.

Why does sub zero cooling have so many names? There's Freon cooling, Peltier cooling and now Phase Change cooling.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

When the majority of your business is done with Americans, you adapt pretty quickly :P

*sigh*

Well than be 'Merican, not as if I'll realise the difference. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

unbelieveble!

damn this looks so amazing.

3 annoyances though.

1. the corsair PSu sticker

2. the USB cables.

3. the fact that @nicklmg didnt post the parts with automatic colouring(night theme user problem)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Oh quick question guys.

Why does sub zero cooling have so many names? There's Freon cooling, Peltier cooling and now Phase Change cooling.

Many many more, go to hwbot and look at cascade and SS. So many variants

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Many many more, go to hwbot and look at cascade and SS. So many variants

But they do the same thing right?

Sub zero cooling.

So why the cool (pun intended) names for them?

~~~SnapDragon~~~

@nicklmg is there a new vessel video tonight? Do you announce new vessel videos anywhere? I might be out of the loop.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Is there much to be gained by cooling the video card to sub-zero temperatures too?

...or building this in a small cold room with lots of moisture absorbing packets? (Something like https://2ecffd01e1ab3e9383f0-07db7b9624bbdf022e3b5395236d5cf8.ssl.cf4.rackcdn.com/Product-800x800/a37475fd-b5e9-400a-a4fb-fdfdd9bbd142.jpg)

No. Spending $1,500 on a case and cooler is going to hurt you in the price:performance department. And, instead of buying cheapo gimmicks like those packets, it's more worth your money simply buying a dehumidifier. Or, if you can't be bothered with that, then buy an Asrock motherboard with the dehumidifying function built right in hahahahahahahahahaha! (Not an April fool's day "prank" btw):

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Awww, come on. 5GHz is somewhat conservative in this case. Try to find how far you can go before temperatures explode. Also what are the max overclocks at 1.5V and 1.6V. That would have been interesting !!!

Awww, come on. 5GHz is somewhat conservative in this case. Try to find how far you can go before temperatures explode. Also what are the max overclocks at 1.5V and 1.6V. That would have been interesting !!!

Intel wanted their screener cpu's back so Linus wasn't allowed to go past 1.4v. #likelyATrueStory

γνῶθι σεαυτόν