iPhone 6s Photo Leaks. USB Type-C and design changes.

1.png

As rumoured, we now expect a new iPhone 6 iteration in the near future from Apple. In the recent Spring Forward EventApple announced pretty big things except some innovation/invention in their mobile market. Recently, the news is in the air, iPhone 6S is coming soon! Also, we’ve got a leak for the iPhone 6C too. But here, we’ve got you some alleged photo leaks of the iPhone 6S or the next iPhone Iteration!

This photo can not be completely believed but what we notice here is not something very different from theiPhone 6 or the 6 Plus. We catch some minor differences in this picture though.

The circle button.

4.png

The button with the fingerprint sensor is now coloured based on your phone colour, i.e. if you have a goldiPhone, you have a gold button.

• The Speaker grills.
    2.png

The speaker grills are more crowded compared to the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. We notice that there are more grills and we expect a better sound quality and base.

• USB Type-C.
    3.png

This one seems to be completely believable! We notice that now iPhones will also have the USB Type-C connection. Thought not that significant but looks quite similar and can be expected easily.

• A Flat/pressed edge.
    5.png

The game of copy will never end. The edges were slippery thus, Apple adds a groove! It looks that the edges are now flattened a little and seem to be pressed as in the design of the Galaxy S6.

source: http://truetech.tk/apple/ios/new-apple-iphone-6s-photo-leaks/

Sorry about the weird formatting. The article has some color issues. :P
It's somewhat nice to see some improvements on the 6s. USB-C is great in my opinion, but I can't say how the target consumer would feel about buying new cords. Leave your feedback below.

Just as functional as the new macbook. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Is that really USB Type C? Cause I can't really tell the difference, the lightning port looks identical (or it's just that I haven't seen many Type C ports xD). Button is fake 100%, or just some kind of dummy.

I know all sorts of hipsters who are literally shitting themselves to get their hands on this phone.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Is that really USB Type C? Cause I can't really tell the difference, the lightning port looks identical (or it's just that I haven't seen many Type C ports xD). Button is fake 100%, or just some kind of dummy.

That's what I was thinking. The port has always been deep, so it's hard to really tell if their is a difference.

It's somewhat nice to see some improvements on the 6s. USB-C is great in my opinion, but I can't say how the target consumer would feel about buying new cords. Leave your feedback below.

I dont really think that Apple consumers are strangers to the issue of buying new cords...

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

I can't see from thing angle either

This is an lightning port

gty_iphone_5_lightning_connector_ll_1308

This is USB type c

sp_105543-76037-i_rc.jpg

I can't spell which is which from that blurry pic

I dont really think that Apple consumers are strangers to the issue of buying new cords...

No, and lightning is what? Almost 3 years old?:P Apparantly, thats the time period until you are forced to buy new cords.

In a few years time, they will abandon this too.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

30 pin cables lasted all the way till the iPhone 5. That was multiple generations of tablets and phones and media players before Apple switched to a new one. 

Buying a Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter really killed me on the inside.

30 pin cables lasted all the way till the iPhone 5. That was multiple generations of tablets and phones and media players before Apple switched to a new one. 

Are we just shit posting for the sake of shitposting now?

Uh no i wasnt shitposting at all. Apple does have a habit of throwing all in on a non-common connector or proprietary connector only to switch to a new one after a few generations. Firewire, 30-pin, thunderbolt, and now a theoretical switch to USB-C? Plus you have all the issues of their connectors being flimsy (30 pin) or being expensive to replace (magsafe).

Im not saying its every generation, but it is a kick in the balls if you bought a bunch of peripherals that are a certian port type and you cant use them after a few years, while you have the USB spec that is backwards compatible basically to the beginning of the spec.

Thats not to say that other companies dont do stupid shit too (asus) just that its not shocking that they would want to move to the "latest and greatest" port even if it might cause customers problems.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Phones:

The Type C port looks like a rectangle, the port in the blurry picture looks way rounder. I still think it's a Lightning port.

I agree, but can't say with confidence.

I just don't get how that site can conclude its a type C based on that image.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I agree, but can't say with confidence.

I just don't get how that site can conclude its a type C based on that image.

Because its a rumors website and its in their best interest to say something controversial, or something unfounded? Such is the way of reporting on new/theoretical products.

Primary:

HTPC:

NAS:

Phones:

Because its a rumors website and its in their best interest to say something controversial, or something unfounded? Such is the way of reporting on new/theoretical products.

Well, you got me there.

I should have said "They shouldn't conclude that" then.

It'll be nice to see all future smartphones and tablets to be using USB C. I rather not carry 2-5 different cables for every travels. 

Then what the hell was the point of switching to lightning for like, not even 1 gen?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Then what the hell was the point of switching to lightning for like, not even 1 gen?

The name is freaking awesome :)

While i don't think Apple would willingly ditch Lightning this soon after release, the EU is trying to push through a law forcing all phones in the EU to share a common connector. Could be related. 
Source 1: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/content/20140307IPR38122/html/MEPs-push-for-common-charger-for-all-mobile-phones

source 2: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580597/All-mobile-phones-EU-charger-European-Parliament-votes-law-attempt-cut-electronic-clutter.html

Apple may not have a choice unless they plan on having 2 different phone models with different docks for different regions of the world. Doesn't seem very Apple way of doing things. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

While i don't think Apple would ditch Lightning this soon after release, willingly, the EU is trying to push through a law forcing all phones in the EU to share a common connector. Could be related. 
Source 1: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/content/20140307IPR38122/html/MEPs-push-for-common-charger-for-all-mobile-phones

source 2: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580597/All-mobile-phones-EU-charger-European-Parliament-votes-law-attempt-cut-electronic-clutter.html

Apple may not have a choice unless they plan on having 2 different phone models with different docks for different regions of the world. Doesn't seem very Apple way of doing things. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

From a progress standpoint, I would like to see type c, but from a consumer standpoint, I don't see any benefits and I'll be bummed that I had to buy new cables.

Are we just shit posting for the sake of shitposting now? 

He was referring to broken cables i think.

Apple also stopped firewire, after they basically made it popular.

There is a big history of apple making people buy things with certain ports and then changing curse, forcing them to buy completely new stuff and expensive adapters.

While i don't think Apple would willingly ditch Lightning this soon after release, the EU is trying to push through a law forcing all phones in the EU to share a common connector. Could be related. 

Agreed. They might eventually push C if they plan on putting C in the base macbook (pro/air)