Looking for cheap copy of Windows 8 or 8.1

L.E.D
Go to solution Solved by ObilvionNizer,

So I am looking to buy a copy of Windows 8, or 8.1. However I really don't want to pay $120+ for it. So I was hoping that someone from our wonderful community has knowledge of where I can grasp such a thing and how much it would cost, please keep in mind, I am not a college or university student. I tried that, lol. I am in Canada so prices and links in Canada would be appreciated.

Thanks,  

Here it is for  $43.45 --> https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html

So I am looking to buy a copy of Windows 8, or 8.1. However I really don't want to pay $120+ for it. So I was hoping that someone from our wonderful community has knowledge of where I can grasp such a thing and how much it would cost, please keep in mind, I am not a college or university student. I tried that, lol. I am in Canada so prices and links in Canada would be appreciated.

Thanks,  

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Thanks,  

Here it is for  $43.45 --> https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

Holy crap. That's awesome! Is G2A reputable?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Holy crap. That's awesome! Is G2A reputable?

Yes. I get a lot of things from their. I used to get my old Win codes from there as well as games and software etc.

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

its legit, but they are not authorized resellers of windows keys, and a lot of them expire after a year or two

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

its legit, but they are not authorized resellers of windows keys, and a lot of them expire after a year or two

well if you get windows 8 now, you can upgrade to wind 10, and then have it forever?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thanks guys, that G2A key worked fine!

well if you get windows 8 now, you can upgrade to wind 10, and then have it forever?

we dont know anything about the upgrading process yet or how it validates the keys

also the windows keys G2A sells are MDSN licences which expire, and will probably not be allowed to have the upgrade to a fill windows 10 version

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thanks guys, that G2A key worked fine!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/202751-can-someone-please-explain-to-me-g2a-windows-keys/

G2A.com Marketplace Windows keys are more commonly MSDN Keys. As they can be bought in bulk for very cheap. However they are not to be resold. Which is why after 1-2 years most keys are removed, and your windows copy will become invalid, and need a new key. So i mean you're kinda right, however at the same time still incorrect. Yes they'll work. However it's not legal to sell MSDN keys. They are mainly for business and corporate use. 

this is why MS came out and said that G2A is selling windows keys illegaly

Spoiler

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/202751-can-someone-please-explain-to-me-g2a-windows-keys/

this is why MS came out and said that G2A is selling windows keys illegaly

I have done a google search for the past 5 minutes and there are no sites or news that state Microsoft has come out to say that the keys are MSDN keys. I have read the links that have been posted and none of them state that microsoft has officaly said that they are MSDN codes but a member on toms hardware says they got a message saying that MS messaged them saying that they are not legal codes but did not provide any evidence to prove this.

I have done a google search for the past 5 minutes and there are no sites or news that state Microsoft has come out to say that the keys are MSDN keys. I have read the links that have been posted and none of them state that microsoft has officaly said that they are MSDN codes but a member on toms hardware says they got a message saying that MS messaged them saying that they are not legal codes but did not provide any evidence to prove this.

you can just msg microsoft support with "is G2A an authorised reseller of windows keys" and hey willtell you no

as long as OP is fine with his windows key expiring in a few years it doesnt really matter though...he did get it at a reduced price

Spoiler

I opened a chat window with of their 'Technical' Advisors to ask and he avoided the question as shown below.

Screenshot%202015-03-28%2003.14.28_zpsys

I could go to the nearest computer store and get the code for a bit cheaper than MS store