Early DX12 Performance results from PCperspective

thekeemo

PCPerspective has tested the early API of DX12 and here are the results

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/3DMark-API-Overhead-Feature-Test-Early-DX12-Performance

Please note that you should compare API to API and not GPU to GPU

dx12-980.png

dx12-290x.png

dx12-960.png

dx12-285.png

dx12-7850k.png

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

ooh impressive :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

DX 12 just seems stupidly good :D

Glad I got i7 instead of i5.

So we are finally gonna use the full potential of pci-e 3.0 slots ? :)

PS. That Mantle master race doe ! Not sure if devs don't optimize for it or what because its performance is mental ;) but all we hear is DX12 all over the net.

As always: Honeydicking

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

This should eliminate the draw call bottleneck seen on some future ports

Wow looks like the performance is just too good to be true. :o

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

curious to see how FX lineup would perform compared to Intel

i guess now everyone could realized how awesome Mantle is.

Given the scaling ends after 4 cores for Intel (total GPU bottleneck), I expect they'll come out equal, spelling disaster for Zen sales with no compelling reason to upgrade unless you specifically want HSA or APU gaming.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Given the scaling ends after 4 cores for Intel (total GPU bottleneck), I expect they'll come out equal, spelling disaster for Zen sales with no compelling reason to upgrade unless you specifically want HSA or APU gaming.

6 cores worked great in the benchmarks

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What about 4C+HT?

My thoughts exactly when I was reading!

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

6 cores worked great in the benchmarks

When games come out you'll realize that benchmark doesn't tell you much. If the draw calls are not sufficiently complicated then you're not going to see the GPU bottleneck which actually exists in real life.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Saw this news couple of times today xD

Anyway, this seems awesome, finally we're getting improvements in software to leverage hardware.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

When games come out you'll realize that benchmark doesn't tell you much. If the draw calls are not sufficiently complicated then you're not going to see the GPU bottleneck which actually exists in real life.

well these are still very early tests and are only for draw calls so we shall see

Saw this news couple of times today xD

Anyway, this seems awesome, finally we're getting improvements in software to leverage hardware.

Now if only software would evolve into SIMD mode...

i don't think so, a new architecture always a good upgrade, since it bring some new feature and efficiency, like H265 support for example, and Carrizo already support it i guess. and of course AM3+ is really old right now, 32nm, +100W TDP, etch. and when Zen released it's just too old!.

im gonna jump the gun before watching the video and say i want to see some real world data, I wanna see a dx12 capable game that utilizes/takes advantage of it. (but isnt just a tech demo for dx12) and see how those numbers hold up to the same game running in dx11.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Any way to get this benchmark now?

I'd like to see how my 970 will perform.

im gonna jump the gun before watching the video and say i want to see some real world data, I wanna see a dx12 capable game that utilizes/takes advantage of it. (but isnt just a tech demo for dx12) and see how those numbers hold up to the same game running in dx11.

I vote for Star Citizen.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i guess now everyone could realized how awesome Mantle is.

According to AMD's results (they don't specify which GPU they are using) the draw call count on a FX-8370 is roughly the same as the 5960X @ 6 cores.

It seems to me that HT is not that necessary. Or am I reading it wrong?

It's shaping up to look like DirectX 12 can only leverage up to six cores. So HT would still be beneficial on a quad core i7 with Haswell-E true six cores being even more beneficial still.

Any way to get this benchmark now?

I'd like to see how my 970 will perform.

I vote for Star Citizen.

I vote for anything really lol I just wanna know how is this gonna effect my gaming at the end of the day rather then all these theoretical things it can do that...might be entirely impractical in actual games. I dunno we'll see, while its clear at this point yes dx12 will be an advantage over 11. ultimately all that matters is how much is this going to effect ...SCs fps or BF5s or whatever. rather then how hard this benchmarking software that spits out an arbitrary number is pushed. The numbers are neat, but ya its not what matters at the end of the day. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit