CPU Question!?

Can a unoverclocked intel core i7 4770 handle 2 GTX 780s at 100%?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

it can handle 5 780's 100%

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

it can handle 5 780's 100%

without overclock. i dotn plan to overclock.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

without overclock. i dotn plan to overclock. i am 14 years old and dont want to risk expensive stuff

It can handle a lot more than that. Don't worry about it.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

without overclock. i dotn plan to overclock. i am 14 years old and dont want to risk expensive stuff

yea you will  be golden. i can help you overclock  if you want to do it in the future maybe?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

It can handle a lot more than that. Don't worry about it.

thx. i currenly have intel core i7 2600 Not K verision. i had this 2-3 years now and its not overclocked and i still thinks it fast. then i would not have problem with a unoverclocked 4770 i think.

BTW do you guys think i shoud change PSU on this system:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X

motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB

Power supply: CoolerMaster Vanguard 850W M

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB 2133MHz

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2

case fan: CoolerMaster Mega flow red

i post what the forum thinks on many websites almost everybody says that change PSU bla blah blah. i need a FULL modular PSU with 850w. becuze i gonna dual GTX 780 later....

Itll work fine, and if you dont want to overclock, you could get intels protection plan, for a 4770 its 20$, and if you kill your cpu while overclocking, they ll send you a new one

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

yea you will  be golden. i can help you overclock  if you want to do it in the future maybe?

yeah soon buying new computer. this rig costs currenly 1768 euro, mabye gonna cost less or more later i edit it all the time. people says to that the SSD is not good well everybody says samsung 870 pro. well its not much faster then this but costs 40 bucks more

thx. i currenly have intel core i7 2600 Not K verision. i had this 2-3 years now and its not overclocked and i still thinks it fast. then i would not have problem with a unoverclocked 4770 i think.

BTW do you guys think i shoud change PSU on this system:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF X

motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB

Power supply: CoolerMaster Vanguard 850W M

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB 2133MHz

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2

case fan: CoolerMaster Mega flow red

i post what the forum thinks on many websites almost everybody says that change PSU bla blah blah. i need a FULL modular PSU with 850w. becuze i gonna dual GTX 780 later....

Your 2600k is fine, you don't need to change it if you're just gaming. 850w PSU should handle it fine. 

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Itll work fine, and if you dont want to overclock, you could get intels protection plan, for a 4770 its 20$, and if you kill your cpu while overclocking, they ll send you a new one

yeah if i fail with a overclocking usually my MObo dies too + the CPU will Burn the CPU place..

Your 2600k is fine, you don't need to change it if you're just gaming. 850w PSU should handle it fine. 

my 2600 (STILL NOT K) is not smae socket which i want+ i promised a friend i gonna sell it to him for around 180 euro

i dont ONLY gaming. i make some editing sometimes+ watching ALOT OF films,downloading files,WANt to go al new games at full graphics.

yeah if i fail with a overclocking usually my MObo dies too + the CPU will Burn the CPU place..

dont overvolt too much thats why those things happen

my 2600 (STILL NOT K) is not smae socket which i want+ i promised a friend i gonna sell it to him for around 180 euro

Yeah I corrected my post after. I'm just saying you could keep your CPU and mobo (as long as it's a good one), it would save you a lot of money. Going to a 4770 will change almost nothing unless you're editing or something, even then it's not a huge difference.

So you're upgrading for the platform switch then? I'm confused

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

you should underclock your brain or it will overheat and you will have to buy a new one D:

Yeah I corrected my post after. I'm just saying you could keep your CPU and mobo (as long as it's a good one), it would save you a lot of money. Going to a 4770 will change almost nothing unless you're editing or something, even then it's not a huge difference.

i cant save my mobo. this mobo is made for this case and its like burned into the case. and The gpu is unchange able but if i ahve speciall tools to take out the strange screwes its mabye changeable. I dont know if its same with the CPU.+ i have 11 when i bought this computer. i didnt knwo that much about computers then..

argh.. ONLY thing in my computer which is stillg ood is the CPU. MOBO+GPU+PSU+CASE= into the trashbag.

i gonna save the 7200 rpm 3 tb HDD becuze its good too

you should underclock your brain or it will overheat and you will have to buy a new one D:

lol gotta throw some LN2 on that

argh.. ONLY thing in my computer which is stillg ood is the CPU. MOBO+GPU+PSU+CASE= into the trashbag.

and nvm i posted the platform switch thing before i read that you want it for better editing

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

i buy stuff into  my new gaming rig for the look to how it looks like i care about that too:)

Ok then, I would suggest you get a bigger SSD since you're already spending so much money on your new system. Maybe skip the overkill RAM and get a 250gb.

BTW what part of Hungary are you from? Almost all my family is in Szeghalom and I used to live in Heviz ;)

lol gotta throw some LN2 on that

and nvm i posted the platform switch thing before i read that you want it for better editing

yep. well i play Zombies on bo2 i am kinda good at it with friends and one match can be up too 3 hours and need to render over 200 gb files. well my record is to have 4.5 hours gameplay, cam eto round 68 and the file size was 460 gb. rendered it with intro on 3-4 hours...

Ok then, I would suggest you get a bigger SSD since you're already spending so much money on your new system. Maybe skip the overkill RAM and get a 250gb.

BTW what part of Hungary are you from? Almost all my family is in Szeghalom and I used to live in Heviz ;)

well i am from hungary but live in sweden. could not spend that much money on a computer in hungary.

What MHz ram shoud i get. i want fast ram VERY fast. but those r not in the good price category:D

What MHz ram shoud i get. i want fast ram VERY fast. but those r not in the good price category:D

1600mhz is fine, even for a haswell build. You can get 1866 if you like since it's pretty cheap now. However you really won't notice the difference when you go to a higher frequency. It only makes a difference in benchmarks, not in the real world.