Samsung's round smartwatch is coming soon.

Nineshadow

Samsung%2BTizen%2BRound%2BSmartwatch%2B(

Samsung has created a buzz in the smartwatch industry. It introduced the Galaxy Gear back in September 2013 for the Galaxy Note 3 and has then gone on to produce three smartwatches – the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and Gear S – as well as a smart fitness band dubbed the Gear Fit (no, the Gear Fit is not a smartwatch) in addition to the Android Wear Gear Live. That’s five smartwatches and one fitness band, if you’re counting.

It was a natural expectation at MWC 2015 to see a new smartwatch with the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, but no such luck. Samsung refrained from a new smartwatch release, to the surprise of many.

When interviewed about the failure to launch a new smartwatch, Samsung’s Executive VP of Mobile Marketing, Young-hee Lee, said that the company has now decided to break with its year-old tradition of simultaneous smartphone/smartwatch releases: We’ve been introducing more devices than anybody else. It’s time for us to pause. We want a more perfect product, Lee said.

A patent application submitted by Samsung last May matches Lee’s statement. The application reveals a round smartwatch with a rotating bezel ring that serves as the navigation tool for this new smartwatch along with a crown-shaped power button. New details give the device object and image recognition, in addition to a barcode register for products that can then be purchased through Samsung Pay (Samsung’s new mobile payment system) and gesture controls, as a portion of the software experience.

The Orbis watch takes utility to a whole new level, letting you use the device as not only a wrist wearable but also a keychain, necklace, and armband, among others, while also providing the luxury look and feel that some consumers mandate for wrist jewelry. And yes, the Gear 2 camera that departed quietly in the Gear S will return in the Orbis smartwatch.

The Orbis smartwatch looks to be a premium smartwatch in every way, but there’s nothing more perfect than perfect. With that said, the Gear S will definitely have both Android and iOS users drooling over it until this Fall’s Orbis announcement.

According to a source of community Samsung Tizen Korea , smartwatch latest Tizen will be launched during the exhibition CTIA Show 2015 which took place on 9-11 September 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. CTIA Show is an annual event organized by the wireless telecommunications industry association CTIA - The Wireless Association. CTIA stands for Cellular Telephone Industries Association.

For this new smartwatch Samsung Electronics not only bring new and different designs, which are round, but also to equip it with a variety of features and user experience (UX) which is completely different and may have never imagined before.

Rounded design that uses example, is not just a design variation. Placed around the ring can be rotated smartwatch interface is a key element in delivering user pengelaman intractive, unique and fun. The ring is sensitive to the touch so that it can interact with the UI and applications simply by touching it in certain areas.

For features, this smartwatch can replace the function of the remote control for the television, featuring information about the energy or electricity consumption of electronic devices in the home in a Smart Home environment, serves as a key to open or turn on one or more vehicles, identify the product (eg using RFID, NFC , barcode recognition, or object recognition) when users take the product and can provide information about the product (eg, nutritional information, information sources, or review) or the option to buy the products, determine the health context (for example, if the user is exercising or sleeping), and many again. 

Samsung's upcoming smarwatch will be able to be used on a band clip, on a keychain and even a bracelet.

Samsung%2BGear%2BRound%2BSmartwatch%2B%2

It also comes with a new wireless charging system. More details here .(it's in Indonesian)

The smarwatch will also feature some new gestures , three new type of gestures actually : movement made in front of the camera , circular "multitouch" movements on the watch itself and simple hand movements.

The outer ring of the watch is also going bring some functionality.
It also has some nice features for organizing your time.

Samsung%2BTizen%2BRound%2BSmartwatch%2B(

Samsung%2BTizen%2BRound%2BSmartwatch%2B(Samsung%2BTizen%2BRound%2BSmartwatch%2B(Samsung%2BTizen%2BRound%2BSmartwatch%2B(

SOURCE - it's in Indonesian. Just use google translate if you want to look at it. Sorry if there's any leftovers not translated.

Also, read more about the features of the watch here. It's in Indonesian as well.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As far as their concepts go, this smarwatch is going to be amazing. Let's see how it's going to be in practice though.No word in pricing as well :l .

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I smell lawsuits by apple.

And samsung would do this again  :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Haha, i totally forgot about that. :D

Yeah but it really looks like a round apple iWatch Edition edition. I hope that the functionality is at least better and that the gold model doesn't cost 10k :D

who cares...

Yeah but it really looks like a round apple iWatch Edition edition. I hope that the functionality is at least better and that the gold model doesn't cost 10k :D

Well it won't cost $10K or even $17K, but $40K instead. :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

samsung and every other watch maker

make a damn watch with a single or dual core A5 instead of a old krait core or quad core cortex A7

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

that didnt happen proven to be fake

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

sorry but that never happended, it's confirmned hoax.  (and a photo can be from whatever situation,  yes there are times when you pour coins from the trunk )

finally, the smart watch design I envisioned. Let's hope this patents come to fruition and isn't proprietary

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I want a round color e-ink smartwatch.  Is that too much to ask for?

That looks really ugly...

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

samsung's new smartwatch, bringing android to the Iwatch.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

It looks almost as bad as the apple watch.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard