request for LinusCon

Guys, it would kick butt if there were a LinusCon or LinusTechFest (ok, perhaps not by that name) where the linus tech tips community could gather from around the world once a year and just have tech-linus related fun, I would certainly travel to this CON post-195771-0-74088200-1425611502.png :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  

I'm excited for Battlefront. And that's about it.

Might be cool, but not a lot of members might have the money to travel there.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

that seems like a prety awesome idea honestly. im excited for bloodborne as well as the ps4 versions of the final fantasy 10 and 10-2 remasters :) as well as getting my first gaming pc built.

askdjfasdf

Guys, it would kick butt if there were a LinusCon or LinusTechFest (ok, perhaps not by that name) where the linus tech tips community could gather from around the world once a year and just have tech-linus related fun, I would certainly travel to this CON attachicon.giflinus_cover.png :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  

i think it would be SUPER pretentious on their part to have an event centered around themselves.

the closest thing I'd see as a possibility would be a LAN event.

Haha, I love LMG and all, but idk if this would really take off. Plus there is soooo much work behind any expo or convention lol, just not really realistic right now.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

i think it would be SUPER pretentious on their part to have an event centered around themselves.

the closest thing I'd see as a possibility would be a LAN event.

it wouldnt be centered around themselves, it would be centered around us the linus tech tips community

Instead of going around asking Linus to set up a convention for himself, why don't we get together and do it ourselves, and then invite LMG to the party. I don't think it would be that much of a convention, I'm thinking more along the lines of PDX. It'd be great!

Instead of going around asking Linus to set up a convention for himself, why don't we get together and do it ourselves, and then invite LMG to the party. I don't think it would be that much of a convention, I'm thinking more along the lines of PDX. It'd be great!

nah let linus make all th work lol

nah let linus make all th work lol

We all know Linus doesn't have the financial wherewithal to go out and set one up. The New Office Campaign proved that. We should hold a LMG LAN Party Campaign.

I'd rather see a LAN party than a useless convention.

Heck, they could just as well just do a fan meet up during one of the many conventions they go to, if they have the time anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

you really think we got the type of money to fly out somewhere once a year and gather only for a Linus based event?

glhf

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Are we just supposed to talk about LinusCon or what were excited for.....cause im excited for No Man's Sky and Legacy of the Void.

Great if he does it in his new office it would be great as a starting point so linus could know if it's enough space or he needs a other place to setup this also he could invite other tech hosts and industry affiliates, with a lan, prizes, and panels. :)

Great if he does it in his new office it would be great as a starting point so linus could know if it's enough space or he needs a other place to setup this also he could invite other tech hosts and industry affiliates, with a lan, prizes, and panels. :)

Tell you what, we'll get all together, and then we'll just have everyone in the hall, there's gonna be a projector on the wall showing a twitch stream of the event, and then we will advertise the start time as being 4:30, but actually start somewhere between 4:37 and 4:44, to make sure LMG's not late, except that they'll be late anyway, and the entire twitch chat will be spouting "OFFLINUS", but this time, there will be no Auto-BahnHammer, and no bothersome spam filter. People will be able to go out and spam "offlinus" as much as they like.

All for the glory of welcoming Linus Media Group to the event! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

A convention is very unlikely to ever happen, but a LAN could be possible someday.

I bet it'll be in Canada and I'll have to make massive plans

Because he had a hard drive.

A LAN party would be great, but a convention would be pretty stupid IMO. However I don't think I would be up to travelling far just for a LAN party, Canada is just a bit too expensive without other intentions as well.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Guys, it would kick butt if there were a LinusCon or LinusTechFest (ok, perhaps not by that name) where the linus tech tips community could gather from around the world once a year and just have tech-linus related fun, I would certainly travel to this CON attachicon.giflinus_cover.png :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  

im excited for his review of squadron 42 which if i remember correctly is slated for release by the end of this year.

Nothing to see here, move along

Would probably start a brawl within 5 minutes between AMD & NVIDIA & Console fans..

Details separate people.

LAN - Linus area network?

A convention is very unlikely to ever happen, but a LAN could be possible someday.

Something like Gnomedex with chris pirillo?

That could actually be pretty cool. :0)

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

you really think we got the type of money to fly out somewhere once a year and gather only for a Linus based event?

glhf

Have you seen some of the builds the people on here have?    Traveling to Canada and so forth is a drop in the bucket to what they spend. ;)

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540