Best watercooling thermal paste?

Hey guys I have a H110i GT and was wondering what the best 3rd party thermal paste would be.

Thanks!

Hey guys I have a H110i GT and was wondering what the best 3rd party thermal paste would be.

Thanks!

I'd stick with the stock thermal paste. It's high quality and no worth replacing, imo.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Thanks!

Arctic Silver 5

OK, gonna buy some chocolate.

Thanks, btw

Don't rule out lipstick, spray oil, butter, and diaper treatment.

Kinda weird that those are all better than chocolate, and no thermal paste at all.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just pick one. The difference is negligible.

omg mayo is just as good as icy diamond ... wut even 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

That......I can't even.....wat?

That's just weird.

That......I can't even.....wat?

That's just weird.

ikr , i don't even comprehend that chart D:

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

No it's not. Icy Diamond will have way higher thermal conductivity, and that'll show at higher cooling requirements.

CPU: i7-3960x @ 5GHz Motherboard: Rampage IV Gene ​RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1866 STORAGE:  WD Green 3TB + Crucial BX100 250GB + 16GB Primocache

GPU: 7990 + 7970 @ 1190c, 1515m Case: Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL PSU: AX1200i Monitor: Qnix QX2710 @ 110Hz

Cooling: D5 + X-RES 140CSQ, Supreme HF Cu, EK-FC7970/7990, 10xSP120 QE, RX240 + RX360

Thanks!

Just use the stock TIM. The difference between MX-4, AS5, Stock and Icy Diamond are minimal at best. 

If you're crazy like some of us are, you'll check out Indigo Xtreme. A metal that liquidizes at burn in and acts like soldering tin, increasing the thermal conductivity two to four times vs the best of pastes.

CPU: i7-3960x @ 5GHz Motherboard: Rampage IV Gene ​RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1866 STORAGE:  WD Green 3TB + Crucial BX100 250GB + 16GB Primocache

GPU: 7990 + 7970 @ 1190c, 1515m Case: Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL PSU: AX1200i Monitor: Qnix QX2710 @ 110Hz

Cooling: D5 + X-RES 140CSQ, Supreme HF Cu, EK-FC7970/7990, 10xSP120 QE, RX240 + RX360

Don't rule out lipstick, spray oil, butter, and diaper treatment.

Kinda weird that those are all better than chocolate, and no thermal paste at all.

Wait, what? xD

Wait, what? xD

At the very bottom of the list, there is "no thermal paste" and "chocolate", apparently chocolate somehow makes your CPU hotter, than no thermal paste at all....which just doesn't make any sense.

At the very bottom of the list, there is "no thermal paste" and "chocolate", apparently chocolate somehow makes your CPU hotter, than no thermal paste at all....which just doesn't make any sense.

It does make sense if you think about it. Conducting heat is much like conducting electricity, where water is much better than air, but outright sucks compared to copper. Chocolate is worse than no paste at all, just like styrofoam would be. In addition you need to view the link between the CPU and the cooler as a bulk, not as a single material. I'll elaborate.

In the scenario of "No thermal paste", there is partial conductance between the heat spreader and the cooler, which is metal to metal, and the rest is air. In the scenario with chocolate as paste, you'll have nothing else other than chocolate to transfer the heat.

Then we'll look at the proportional difference between the materials.

(W/mK)

Copper - 400

Aluminium - 250

Quality TIM - 4-7

Water - 0.5

Wood - 0.1

Air - 0.025

By this you can see that just about anything is better than 100% air, but you'll also see that even partial contact by metal will be significant, even at just a few percent of the surface area. 

The conclusion by this should be that the bulk of air and metal is better than chocolate, but far worse than just about anything else :P

As above the the included paste is good (I think the machine spreading might help too) As for the 3rd party pastes there isn't much in it.

BUT

There are two (that I know of) which are better:

Cool Laboratorys liquid pro and Ultra www.coollaboratory.com

Indigo extreme http://www.indigo-xtreme.com/

The performance gains are modest but you know :)

FYI They're both a real pain to clean off