290X overclock problem

Hi guys. I have a really odd problem right now. I have this system for a couple of months now and overclocked it a couple of times to see how far I could go without changing the power settings. I could always get 1110 Core and 1450 Memory. I wanted to run 3DMARK and aplied the overclock but then this happened:

This never happened before and I don't know why. I haven't applied the overclock for a long time (got a 144Hz 1080p screen instead of a 60Hz, and updated my drivers to Omega drivers). Does anyone know why this is happening?

It's a Asus 290X DCU2 btw, full specs on my profile.

EDIT: On my second screen (60Hz) the tearing is way less.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

that means you lost the lotterry (as I did)  and have to revert the speeds

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

that means you lost the lotterry (as I did)  and have to revert the speeds

But I could play games on these speeds before. Why can't I do that now?

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

But I could play games on these speeds before. Why can't I do that now?

I think its because some damage was caused, sadly. 

happens to the best of us 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I think its because some damage was caused, sadly. 

happens to the best of us 

How could I damage it? The only times I open my case is when I clean it (with compressed air) so physical damage shouldn't be a problem.

How could I damage it? The only times I open my case is when I clean it (with compressed air) so physical damage shouldn't be a problem.

I think that may be it, i'm not sure though. I don't see what else would cause that. 

I think @Minibois had something similar with one of his cards, 

Snip

Snip

Snip

I ran Firestrike on normal clocks, then opened afterburner to apply the problematic overclock and now it works fine :S

I'll do some more testing and report back.

Thanks for the help so far folks!

I think that may be it, i'm not sure though. I don't see what else would cause that. 

I think @Minibois had something similar with one of his cards, 

You're probably thinking of somebody else, have never had this happen :P (barely had any GPU's in my life..)

It doesn't look like physical damage though, it looks more like a bad chip that cant handle the overclock

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I ran Firestrike on normal clocks, then opened afterburner to apply the problematic overclock and now it works fine :S

I'll do some more testing and report back.

Thanks for the help so far folks!

Damn, well thats good :P 

Hope it works out for you! 

You're probably thinking of somebody else, have never had this happen :P (barely had any GPU's in my life..)

It doesn't look like physical damage though, it looks more like a bad chip that cant handle the overclock

Lol sorry, I could have sworn it was you.... oh well. This has happened before. :P Thanks anyhow!