Sennheiser HD650 = HOLY BALLS!

Valhallatier

So i just bought an HD650 cuz curious of why people say its the best and 'legendary'. I actually already auditioned them a long time ago and thought it was too colored and just 'OK'.
Little did i know that.... this thing sounds absolutely NATURAL! (not neutral, don't get confused)
The voices, the instruments, soundstage.... EVERYTHING is so... 3D like. Listening to binaural recording is just a trip to heaven.

I've heard headphones like the HD800, Beyer T1, TH900 and many other closed backs/ open backs. I tell you, NOTHING can get to the naturalness of the HD650, I REPEAT NOTHING ( maybe HD600 can... i dunno i haven't tried) but at around 400-500$, this thing is a BARGAIN. A MUST HAVE!

So if you want a "real" experience of being "there", this headphone is the way to go. This thing eats everything from classical, rock, J-pop/J-rock, jazz or any other genre. Maybe you may want to get something else for dubstep or bass heavy music because this headphones sounded a little bit too airy. But again, its all in the recording.

Just telling my experience, not a review since i just got them :lol:

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

I don't know since I haven't had a chance to try the HD 650's but I have done a comparison to the HD 558's and the 598 and a Razer Kraken USB Headset and I still prefer my 558's over anything else. But defiantly good info to know since I'm looking at getting another pair of headphones.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Thanks! I'll certainly take this into consideration when i buy a pair of open back headphones in summer! :)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Thanks! I'll certainly take this into consideration when i buy a pair of open back headphones in summer! :)

HD650 is tilted a bit to the dark side, while HD600 is more neutral. HD650 is aimed to more niche market. Those who like a bit of dark sound will love it to death, while those who like a bit of bright sound might not want anything to do with it. 

Best is always to try/audition before purchasing. Alternatively, purchase from a site that got good return policy. 

HD600 is more natural than HD650, so natural that it kinda lacks the 'wow' factor, except for clarity. Then again, I've heard better headphones with better clarity. HD650 I'd say is dark, which is not my taste.

Probaby HE-560 would sound more natural than HD650

i love my 650s throw on some orchestral music and away you go to a magical land

HD600 is more natural than HD650, so natural that it kinda lacks the 'wow' factor, except for clarity. Then again, I've heard better headphones with better clarity. HD650 I'd say is dark, which is not my taste.

Probaby HE-560 would sound more natural than HD650

i was originally going for the HD600... but i need some dose of bass and smooth treble :rolleyes:

all planars have a kinda natural feel to them, but at almost or twice the prize... imo not worth except if you need that sub-woob

Hd650's are great but they are far from natural imo, the sound stage is small and the vocals feel pushed right upfront and in your face. I put on my he-500's and everything feels like its moved a few feet further away, they wrap you in the music. Hell even my x1's have a larger sound stage.

Stands to reason, the 650 are built on the proven PC 350 SE platform.

Stands to reason, the 650 are built on the proven PC 350 SE platform.

The 650's came long before those..

Whoosh goes the C-130. 

How was your long edutainment day yesterday.

How was your long edutainment day yesterday.

A bit like you, long, greasy, and tough. Mid-exfil from school I got pulled over for driving with my headlights off at 2200, good guy cop gave me a warning and followed me most of the way home. 

A bit like you, long, greasy, and tough. Mid-exfil from school I got pulled over for driving with my headlights off at 2200, good guy cop gave me a warning and followed me most of the way home. 

I hope you learned your lesson.

I hope you learned your lesson.

Lesson learned, don't drive after a 15 hour day on 4 hours of sleep. 

Until you take a listen to LCD-2

stepping up from a cheap 19 sony pair of headphones, the $200 M50x's are awesome

but $1000 on headphones??? No thank you

Looking for a job

Hd650's are great but they are far from natural imo, the sound stage is small and the vocals feel pushed right upfront and in your face. I put on my he-500's and everything feels like its moved a few feet further away, they wrap you in the music. Hell even my x1's have a larger sound stage.

soundstage being large doesn't do shit to naturalness...  HD800 being so large doesnt mean its natural.