GeForce GTX 960 SLI feat. Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 960

Not sure if troll, or just extreme fanboy. 

Oh yeh lol, 100% troll. 

I feel as if a ban or at least a warning point is in order. 

Really a ban or warning point, it's not like he made him deep throat a banana and eat nuts while he is at it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Really a ban or warning point, it's not like he made him deep throat a banana and eat nuts while he is at it.

Well a ban is quite harsh, but throwing around this GeForce fanboyism is hardly acceptable. 

Like, seriously? "AMD is a joke."!??!!?

The ignorance is real. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

-snip of anger-

This is pissing me off, stop this ultra-fanboyism. 

I'm sure there is something in the CoC about this, but for some reason the main forum page and selected threads aren't working. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

am i the only one that gets annoyed by how brightand washed out the video is

(only during the part when linus is at the table )

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Linus is a noob. Sorry, not noob, I mean he is sorta a tacky ass dork. He really has no style, and is goofy as hell, and cares nothing about the important things like, RELIABILITY, PRODUCT SUPPORT, OVERCLOCKING ABILITY (Always much easier on Intel and Nvidia Products) , Consistency, Availability, Engineering, Design, QA, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera... nevermind I take that back, he really is a noob. Sorry man. You NEVER mention any of this stuff that is really important. Sorry to call you out but there it is. Ban me bro, I am just calling it like I see it.

All you talk about is peak performance numbers that are not even consistent. AMD products are so hit and miss. All over the book. I overclock and support for 12-36 months a lot of freaking CPU's and GPU's, and AMD's are crapola all over the place. Nvidia's are all within a very close spec. Intel is even better. AMD is a crap shoot and even then, 1/5 GPU's doesn't even freaking work.

AMD is a joke.

-snip-

In what industry in the world is it okay for these types of numbers???

AMD IS A JOKE. Wake the hell up sheeple, and stop drinking the peasant-ade.

You missed the point, I was talking about how GPU power is not there for 4K (nevermind the 12K I want to be playing Star Citizen in) to even push 100-120FPS let alone the 140-150FPS that is mandatory for me to feel "good" about spending $4000+ on GPU's, and $1000+ on CPU. Yeah, I'm spoiled because I can afford to be but that is besides the point here.

Solution for you:

1. Youve made bad experiences with a certain manufacturer? -dont buy from them, warn others in a resonable, polite way, dont chicken out if someone isnt of your opinion because he or she may have made other experiences

2. You dont like a certain company or their products? -dont buy from them, again dont freak out if someon is of onother opinion than yours, stay kind, and try not to sound like a screaming kid

3. You dont like a Youtubers Videos? -tell them your criticism in a resonable argumentation, stay polite, stop offending people

4. HELLL! Stop writing like a screaming little child which has dropped its ice cream!

5. stop showing off

6. wait until pascal and volta are released if you want to run triple "4k" monitors for anything, development for a finished product takes its time

To the 960: meh, you can buy a new 970 for only 80€ more around here. Everybody considering the 960 shuld search for some money under their beds and get the 970 instead. Or wait and look what the 380x has to offer....

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

for the same price the R9-280X is still the better card.

Good old Tahiti FTW :D

Linus is a noob. Sorry, not noob, I mean he is sorta a tacky ass dork. He really has no style, and is goofy as hell, and cares nothing about the important things like, RELIABILITY, PRODUCT SUPPORT, OVERCLOCKING ABILITY (Always much easier on Intel and Nvidia Products) , Consistency, Availability, Engineering, Design, QA, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera... nevermind I take that back, he really is a noob. Sorry man. You NEVER mention any of this stuff that is really important. Sorry to call you out but there it is. Ban me bro, I am just calling it like I see it.

All you talk about is peak performance numbers that are not even consistent. AMD products are so hit and miss. All over the book. I overclock and support for 12-36 months a lot of freaking CPU's and GPU's, and AMD's are crapola all over the place. Nvidia's are all within a very close spec. Intel is even better. AMD is a crap shoot and even then, 1/5 GPU's doesn't even freaking work.

AMD is a joke.

You missed the point, I was talking about how GPU power is not there for 4K (nevermind the 12K I want to be playing Star Citizen in) to even push 100-120FPS let alone the 140-150FPS that is mandatory for me to feel "good" about spending $4000+ on GPU's, and $1000+ on CPU. Yeah, I'm spoiled because I can afford to be but that is besides the point here.

i think your whole post is a piece of frustrated BULLSHIT

Are you riped off by Nvidia?

Seriously you must be a big green team fan. lol

just 2GB of vram 1024 shaders on a 128 bit bus....

a newly released  so called "sweet spot" card by Nvidia.

Come on guys realy?

Its just a fail.

Well a ban is quite harsh, but throwing around this GeForce fanboyism is hardly acceptable. 

Like, seriously? "AMD is a joke."!??!!?

The ignorance is real. 

You will find fanboys everywhere, you can't get rid of them.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i think your whole post is a piece of frustrated BULLSHIT

Are you riped off by Nvidia?

Seriously you must be a big green team fan. lol

just 2GB of vram 1024 shaders on a 128 bit bus....

a newly released  so called "sweet spot" card by Nvidia.

Come on guys realy?

Its just a fail.

Fanboy what did you expect from him ?? I agree the 280X is better for the same price.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You will find fanboys everywhere, you can't get rid of them.

And that's why you award warning points, to deter this behavior. 

If it continues that's when a suspension/ban becomes the better option. 

Why should we just accept this biased, unsupported bs. If I wanted that I'd go over to YT comments about a graphics comparison between the Xbox One and PS4. 

You guys are hilarious and butthurt as hell and pretty much all sound like total plebs, peasants, and just all around noobs who actually have NO experience. This is great. 

Seriously, tell me this, how many System's have you assembled and supported for a min. of 12 months?

How many? Anyone here even over 100? 

WHO THE HELL WOULD EVER BUY SOMETHING FROM ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH?

WHAT IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? HOW CAN YOU BE SO NAIVE AND PATHETIC?

HOW?

I REALLY NEED TO KNOW THIS. ROFL. MY THERAPIST IS GOING TO MAKE SO MUCH MONEY WHEN I SHOW HIM THIS TOMORROW.

We are going to talk about this for hours and hours. I will never understand how stupid humans can be. I just will never be okay with the level of pure retardation and utter contempt for logic some of us humans exhibit.

HAHAH ROFL

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SUPPORT A COMPANY THIS BAD?

It defies every bit of sense. No one that buys or uses by choice, AMD products is either brain-dead or just severely mis-informed.

I blame that guy Linus who sold out to AMD's Marketing Team years ago.

On the topic of the video... I kinda liked the "silent mode" LED since it tells you that it's okay that the fan isn't currently spinning. Fans not spinning at all can be a little disconcerting, and the LED might alleviate that feeling a bit.

EDIT: Although on second thought, just a mandatory spinup on startup would be better, since it would prove to you that the fan isn't broken.

EDIT2: I am slightly ashamed to have "ZeroKoolGuy likes this" under my post. >.>

You guys are hilarious and butthurt as hell and pretty much all sound like total plebs, peasants, and just all around noobs who actually have NO experience. This is great. 

Seriously, tell me this, how many System's have you assembled and supported for a min. of 12 months?

Why should i be butt hurt?

280X for the same money is a wayyyyyyy better card. lol

These cards are what? 4 years old?

Lets see what happens if AMD launches the new 370X as a compatitor to this new GTX960.

On the 2nd FPS chart is says a single GTX 960 outperforms an R9 290 in WoW at full deatils 1080P by 14FPS and it shows that the 560ti nearly catches up to an R9 290 while in the next chart the 290 goes back above it losing to a pair of 960's.

Mistake? I never played WoW but this seems odd.

I'm a bit surprised at how well the 2gb VRAM was handling 4k gaming....I'm curious to know what the minimums were between the SLI 960s and the single 970.

With AA off and settings turned down a wee bit 2GB should handle most games at 4k, but I'm sure the second you turn on AA or turn the textures up to around ultra on games like SoM, the 2GB vram is going to choke. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

AMD is a joke.

nCVuhKR.jpg

sOjis0v.jpg

You're making a fair point in a bad way...the numbers and my personal experiences support your claim but the 36 month warranty I got with my AMD cards(using an R9 290 now and had 2 6970's before that. 2 4870's before that) solve the high failure rate issues and as a price for performance first buyer I almost always go AMD in GPU's while mostly going for i5's in CPU's.

All I'm trying to say is that they are not a joke...just losing a war on 2 fronts and seem to be rushing out products to try and keep up.

-large font size, bold text, raging, trolling, and a complete lack of maturity snip- 

Try and be more immature, I dare you. 

On the 2nd FPS chart is says a single GTX 960 outperforms an R9 290 in WoW at full deatils 1080P by 14FPS and it shows that the 560ti nearly catches up to an R9 290 while in the next chart the 290 goes back above it losing to a pair of 960's.

Mistake? I never played WoW but this seems odd.

WoW is completely CPU bound

With AA off and settings turned down a wee bit 2GB should handle most games at 4k, but I'm sure the second you turn on AA or turn the textures up to around ultra on games like SoM, the 2GB vram is going to choke. 

I guess, but I really would've expected most games to be pull more than 2gb of VRAM at 4k almost regardless of texture qualities. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

This is pissing me off, stop this ultra-fanboyism.

I'm sure there is something in the CoC about this, but for some reason the main forum page and selected threads aren't working.

Why should i be butt hurt?

280X for the same money is a wayyyyyyy better card. lol

These cards are what? 4 years old?

Lets see what happens if AMD launches the new 370X as a compatitor to this new GTX960.

This guys a troll, you just need to look at all his posts, I think he's a certain banned member that's come back for more.

EDIT: yep this guy has been here before

-snip-

hahaa haa ha ha ha oh dont mind me im just laughing hahahaha

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Having the LED showing the fans are off and it's in silent mode isn't useless like you seem to imply, when the card is in a case with the fans facing down it's not always easy to look at them. My case is on the floor I'd have to get on the floor to see if the fans are spinning or not, with the indicator I can look from a distance. I'm sure on your test bench it's pretty obvious whether they are spinning or not. :D

Try and be more immature, I dare you. 

WoW is completely CPU bound

I guess, but I really would've expected most games to be pull more than 2gb of VRAM at 4k almost regardless of texture qualities. 

But now this makes even less sense...they are using the same CPU in all the benchmarks

But now this makes even less sense...they are using the same CPU in all the benchmarks

I can't see the graph atm, but WoW might have better optimized drivers for Nvidia. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

i am a bit dispointed , this card only 10% to 12% faster than a 760 and it's 10% lower than a 770 .

i was expecting it to perform better than a 770 but it look like nvidia is holding the performence for som reason "only 1024 cuda cores and 2G vram!!!".

WHO THE HELL WOULD EVER BUY SOMETHING FROM ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH?

WHAT IS SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? HOW CAN YOU BE SO NAIVE AND PATHETIC?

HOW?

I REALLY NEED TO KNOW THIS. ROFL. MY THERAPIST IS GOING TO MAKE SO MUCH MONEY WHEN I SHOW HIM THIS TOMORROW.

We are going to talk about this for hours and hours. I will never understand how stupid humans can be. I just will never be okay with the level of pure retardation and utter contempt for logic some of us humans exhibit.

HAHAH ROFL

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SUPPORT A COMPANY THIS BAD?

It defies every bit of sense. No one that buys or uses by choice, AMD products is either brain-dead or just severely mis-informed.

I blame that guy Linus who sold out to AMD's Marketing Team years ago.

You understand that Nvidia needs AMD to survive, right? Without AMD, they have no reason to innovate, and the same can be said for AMD. They need Nvidia. Would Freesync exist without G-Sync? Would AMD's answer to DSR exist without Nvidia toting it as a feature first? Both sides make each other better. Calling people sheep for buying a graphics card is just plain ignorant. 

Your "failure rate" charts are unfounded, and provide no real logistics to them. I would be more inclined to believe your rants if you at least showed physical evidence towards your claims. Rather than call you an obsessive fanboy, i will just assume you have some sort of mental disorder that leaves you incapable of rational thought, as even a fanboy understands the relationship between competitors that drive both sides forward. 

Do i care for AMD cards? Not really, i find them to consume too much power for my personal needs. Do i understand their existance in the market, and why people buy them? Absolutely. They provide powerful cards, and they look pretty sexy to boot. Everyone has their preference, just because their preference differs from yours, does not make them "sheeple". 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.