My first build NZXT s340

GiovanniNorway

Hello.

This is my first build, slowly upgrading.

Tried to make it as silent as possible.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/oTBMI

Specs:

Case :NZXT S340 Midi Tower White

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI, Socket-1150 

Cpu: Intel Core i5-4690K 

Psu: Corsair RM650 80+Gold 

Fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
2x Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition

Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Intel 120GB

Cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

My girlfriend said that I had to buy a white case so it wouldn't look ugly in the room...? so then i just continued with painting stuff white.

At first it was loud, I didn't care about that untill I was sitting up at night browsing and watching movies, and it got more and more annoying.
So i started changing out fans, but still loud.
Then I found out that it was my xfx psu that made most noise, so I switched to one with zero rpm mode (doesn't even start the fan under gaming).
Then i could hear the stock cpu fan, so it had to go.
The gpu fans is alot quieter than I was expecting, I can bearly hear them (fans at 34% at idle but still very silent at load)
Case fans are going at 530rpm and cpu fan at 650rpm I can`t hear them.

Generally if you want it to be quiet you reduce the amount of fans. Just saying.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If that's your first build, smile, because that is a god damn beaut.

EDIT: What are the specs?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Thank you Statik :) Specs are in first comment now.

I use low noise adapters.

The only fans i can hear is the gpu fans, but it`s not much.

Generally if you want it to be quiet you reduce the amount of fans. Just saying.

He wants it to sound like a Jet engine, didn't ya read? :P JK

I know he didn't say that.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Fanspankentastic build mate! ;) B)

Just to note, though, your camera was a tad over exposed in a couple of those pics. I just noticed a lot of white and thought "What's that?". Then I saw the last pic and thought "Oh! It's a CPU air cooler, right!". LOL

@GiovanniNorway

Thank`s mate @Geekazoid

Swoit! ;)

Actually (referencing a Jay'sTwoCent's vid) having more fans in a system can, to a point, reduce noise because each fan can spin slower to move the same amount of air.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

• 2 months later...

Very clean. Great job :)

Vintage MSI 790fx-gd70   MSI R9 270x itx Edition   Phenom II x4 965 BE   Noctua NH-U12S   NZXT S340   NZXT S340 Build Log          

Looks nice, just I personally dislike corsair fans to noisy for me even with quite series fans.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Nice and clean! You should try some Silverstone Sounds dampening foam. it made a noticeable difference in my s340

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s