When are PC games gonna start being released on blue-ray?

Tairetsu

I own very few games on disc. Mass Effect, Skyrim, and Quake, are the only PC games I own on disc.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I prefer digital. And bluray drives are totally not qorth the money since movies are digital too..

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

PC games are going digital.

the only PC game i have on CD is gta4 :) 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Assassins creed unity is approaching 50 and apparently Final Fantasy xiii is approaching 60gb. A lot of these file sizes are getting out of hand.

Ah, but with more memory on it means better gameplay and better things to do in video games!  :D

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Ah, but with more memory on it means better gameplay and better things to do in video games!  :D

Not yet. Most of the games released within the past year have been severely broken. Another thing to note, at least to my knowledge, is that a lot of these devs are leaving their FMVs and audio (in multiple languages) completely uncompressed. Some games are only 5-10gb with the other 20+ gb being nothing but multimedia files.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I don't see this ever happening... UNLESS there would be some special hard copy edition of something for collector's in the future.

Kill the Machine!

It's anoyying that now you have to chose between PC gaming or phisical media,if you don't like to buy your games digitally it almost seems like you HAVE to play on consoles now,and I mean,for Nintendo games or other exclusives that's fine,but for games that are just better on PC,it's bothering that I have to pick the console version because it's the only one I can get in a box.

Most pc gamers dont even have a DVD player , let alone a blu ray player.

I dont see the need for it , internet speed is becoming faster and faster.

You can download a full game ( 35 GB) in about one hour.

You have to keep in mind the folks that live in the country, or very rural areas. A lot of those folks are either on dial up still or don't have proper broadband internet structure in their neck of the woods

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

seriously tho,why does it have to be either Steam or 5 DVDs the only options for PC gamers?,its about danm time PC gamers start coming in blue-ray so we dont have to deal with constany swap in and out. 

You're going to love GTA 5 on DVD, if my calculations are correct it needs to be on 10 DVD's. But to answer your question, never. Almost noone has a BluRay drive in their PC, and some even none at all. Digital is the future, if you like it or not.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Likely never as bluray drives are just common and bluray's far for costly to produce without even considering licensing fees.

My download speed is 300kb/s,it's not horrible,but keep in mind is the fastest abviable in my area.

seriously tho,why does it have to be either Steam or 5 DVDs the only options for PC gamers?,its about danm time PC gamers start coming in blue-ray so we dont have to deal with constany swap in and out. 

CDs? whats that , i dont even have a DVD drive in my PC

when i got BF3 i put in the CD then i had to register... bla bla... then it downloaded from the internet

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i dont have a blu ray reader and wouldnt spend 60$ for one, but i like to buy the disk just because i live in the country and dont have unlimited internet

Plus the $100 needed to pay for some shitty software to play Blu-Ray movies....sigh.  You pay out of your ass for a BD-drive and they reward you with shit, for wanting to watch things legally.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

LOL BluRay is on it's way out and will be obsoleat soon. It's all about cloud computing, online streaming services and digital downloading LOL.

My download speed is 300kb/s,it's not horrible,but keep in mind is the fastest abviable in my area.

Now in days 3 mb DL speed is terrible. You can't even properly stream 1080P YT content on that connection LOL.

Plus the $100 needed to pay for some shitty software to play Blu-Ray movies....sigh.  You pay out of your ass for a BD-drive and they reward you with shit, for wanting to watch things legally.

damn you piratebay.... why do u have to be so useful and up and die on us  :mellow:  (not that i ever used that site or anything close to a site like it or anything..... :ph34r: )

Just to add, adding costs of using blu ray discs to the developers doesn't even have any benefit on them except a slightly better review on the game. Ignoring the fact that many PC's don't even have blu ray readers, installing the game is something you only do a couple of times ever. So, swapping discs is, in their mind, a very minor inconvenience and allows them to make more profits.

Fiio E10K - AKG Q701 - Micca MB42X

Galaxy S6

Zowie FK

Internet can be faster than a 24x disk drive, its also more convinient to use downloads, no CDs to get damaged.

With GoG also, the DRM free way is even faster than Internet and CD together once downloaded, the fact you can use a USB 3.0 drive or a SSD, makes things stupidly fast for installing.

Blu-Rays are too slow, but they are cheaper than USB to produce and setup for gaming, plus once things are in RAM and there wizard skills are loaded (GTA5 on Xone) it would defeat the point of USBs.

PC-Master-Race is light years ahead of the current gen consoles, next gen consoles wont even use disks more than likely, they will have maybe 10gbps network ports, we will be on x10 that. Oh and them graphics, Blu-Ray cant hold that!!!

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Internet can be faster than a 24x disk drive, its also more convinient to use downloads, no CDs to get damaged.

With GoG also, the DRM free way is even faster than Internet and CD together once downloaded, the fact you can use a USB 3.0 drive or a SSD, makes things stupidly fast for installing.

Blu-Rays are too slow, but they are cheaper than USB to produce and setup for gaming, plus once things are in RAM and there wizard skills are loaded (GTA5 on Xone) it would defeat the point of USBs.

PC-Master-Race is light years ahead of the current gen consoles, next gen consoles wont even use disks more than likely, they will have maybe 10gbps network ports, we will be on x10 that. Oh and them graphics, Blu-Ray cant hold that!!!

Lol eventually maybe... but the next generation of consoles will absolutely not be internet only. I mean Microsoft got a s**t storm just for proposing an always on internet connection and you expect people to be ok with them requiring games be downloaded exclusively over the internet. Digital will always be better for the majority but until internet providers are giving great internet connection for cheap it will not be acceptable for the physical media to be removed. And the world isn't anywhere near ready for digital only distribution.

LOL BluRay is on it's way out and will be obsoleat soon. It's all about cloud computing, online streaming services and digital downloading LOL.

I disagree there because it's still the most cost effective way to deliver media in that quality.

Lol eventually maybe... but the next generation of consoles will absolutely not be internet only. I mean Microsoft got a s**t storm just for proposing an always on internet connection and you expect people to be ok with them requiring games be downloaded exclusively over the internet. Digital will always be better for the majority but until internet providers are giving great internet connection for cheap it will not be acceptable for the physical media to be removed. And the world isn't anywhere near ready for digital only distribution.

The main issue was the checking in ever 24hrs. Marketing by Sony didn't help as well as the general console buyer not knowing that over all what they were proposing was a good thing and actually better than PC users had it with steam at the time.

Also the whole thing with Internet only consoles wouldn't be for distribution, you'd actually be playing them over the Internet off their hardware.

I disagree there because it's still the most cost effective way to deliver media in that quality.

Not when the world has already gone digital. .... Steam and other digital disros is the future not disk LOL. Running ine server to upload for all is allot more cost effective than burning physical disks for all espceially exspensive Blo ray disks.

Why would u want that? only consoles need blu-ray

Just download the game or use a DVD, its easier and cheaper (the devs can make more money, put on bigger sales and bring the PC Master Race better games)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Fuck that. UHD blu-ray is far superior in terms of quality.