[NCIX.US] Be Quiet! Pure Rock [$19.99] (Ends 2/18)

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=103632

Here's another 'better than 212 Evo and is currently similarly priced or cheaper' deal--I think. I couldn't actually find any nice comparison benchmarks to be sure (please post them here if you find some) but it should be similar at worse and the price is killer at $20. It's better than the 212 Evo.*

62c31eed5d4ac2379464a49990a8a8b7.png

63880b2625ccb7481a342ed510df3a4c.png

Relioh's Unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3mBmpgeA6w

Update; HiTechLegion's review: (it's better than the 212 Evo)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hmm i thought a Zalman Optima was a better deal...performs around a 212 Evo and on sale for 15 dollars at Newegg. 

How is the performance of this thing? Equal to the CM 212 EVO?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hot Tip: I think AIOs are the order of the day. ;):D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

wait not sure was thinking of dark rock series not sure about pure rock

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Hmm i thought a Zalman Optima was a better deal...performs around a 212 Evo and on sale for 15 dollars at Newegg. 

That's $30 with a $15 rebate card which isn't the same thing as just $15.

The Optima is louder than the 212 Evo which is even louder than the Pure Rock.

I couldn't find any nice benchmarks for comparison but I'm guessing it would be similar.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Looks like a 212 EVO with better fans.

I currently have the 212 EVO with a second fan attached, and I'm quite content with its noise levels (last I had it installed, at least). Is this worth the $20 to replace it, or should I just reinstall my 212 EVO?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Can you please post-14986-0-32671200-1419920430.jpg

:D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Looks like a 212 EVO with better fans.

I currently have the 212 EVO with a second fan attached, and I'm quite content with its noise levels (last I had it installed, at least). Is this worth the $20 to replace it, or should I just reinstall my 212 EVO?

I wouldn't switch out if you were content with the noise (unless your current 212 Evo could be sold off or repurposed)

I wouldn't switch out if you were content with the noise (unless your current 212 Evo could be sold off or repurposed)

Alrighty, I hadn't any clue if it were significantly better in terms of cooling performance or just something to pick right now.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Alrighty, I hadn't any clue if it were significantly better in terms of cooling performance or just something to pick right now.

There wouldn't be a significant difference. They seem similar in cooling performance.

That's $30 with a $15 rebate card which isn't the same thing as just $15.

The Optima is louder than the 212 Evo which is even louder than the Pure Rock.

I couldn't find any nice benchmarks for comparison but I'm guessing it would be similar.

Oh, cool.

I have been trying to find a replacement for my CM that looks good but doesn't perform like poo. This might do it. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Think this will be good to make my Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Server quieter? Can't decide if I should buy it or not.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Think this will be good to make my Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Server quieter? Can't decide if I should buy it or not.

If you're currently using the stock cooler, it definitely will. 

If you're currently using the stock cooler, it definitely will. 

Think the noise reduction will be worth it?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Think the noise reduction will be worth it?

It depends on how loud other components are. If the current cooler is the thing annoying you. I'd think it'd be worth it.

I guess I should have posted this when I bought one 2 days ago....

I guess I should have posted this when I bought one 2 days ago....

This would fit in the Bitfenix Prodigy correct?

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Be Quiet! makes some good stuff...just recently picked up the Dark Rock Pro 3 myself during the christmas sales.

This would fit in the Bitfenix Prodigy correct?

Yeah, it fits.

• 3 weeks later...

wait not sure was thinking of dark rock series not sure about pure rock

Update: It's better than the 212 Evo.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump. It's on sale again!

62c31eed5d4ac2379464a49990a8a8b7.png

For some reason I am not seeing the sale. :( 

I wish the Shadow Rock Slim was on sale again. I need a new CPU cooler for my 4690k build, and I lost the Intel installation bracket, so it is stuck on my FX 6300...

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

For some reason I am not seeing the sale. :(

I wish the Shadow Rock Slim was on sale again. I need a new CPU cooler for my 4690k build, and I lost the Intel installation bracket, so it is stuck on my FX 6300...

Oh, my bad. The link has been updated.