Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD! So Happy!

So this might have shown up on here already (if so I'm sorry) but holy shit i just fond out about this now, Ubisoft is re releasing heroes 3 in HD for windows, ios, and android. Expected release date is January 29 2015.

Growing up this was the first ever video game I ever played and probably still my favorite. So I'm very excited for a higher res release that hopefully will work on OS' later than XP, and not have to deal with the 3d crap that ruined the other heroes title IMO. At least for me, for the time being, Ubisoft has stopped digging :D

What are your favorite memories of playing this great game, and how do you feel about companies re releasing old classics?

Source: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/universe/en-GB/games/all-games/might-and-magic-heroes-3-hd/index.aspx

its not going to change much

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

its not going to change much

It doesnt need to change at all, just look better.

And this is soooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood, i saw this a few days ago and i need it. I NEED IT, heroes 3 had the most amount of everything ( of the positive things) and this will make it look even better.

Dont even care, would pay 20euro for this

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

It doesnt need to change at all, just look better.

And this is soooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood, i saw this a few days ago and i need it. I NEED IT, heroes 3 had the most amount of everything ( of the positive things) and this will make it look even better.

Dont even care, would pay 20euro for this

Yes, I agree it's perfect apart from the randomly shutting and stuff :D

Yes, I agree it's perfect apart from the randomly shutting and stuff :D

Never had a problem on my machine ( played during holidays on a shit HP530 with a 1.6ghz celeron, ( basically a 2006 laptop ))

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Got the original from GoG.com... I think I'll pass this one :)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's been already shown that most of the graphical upgrades that they are promised are actually the actual game assets and they are just comparing them to some low res images that they made.

The cities were supposed to be a little better. And it will support more then one resolution, but there is a mod for that. And you can get Heroes 3 collection on GOG that runs on modern systems just fine. It even installs with playonlinux on linux without problems and runs no problem. And you can even install the resolution mod on linux.

The HD remake also doesn't include expansions Armageddon's Blade and The Shadows of Death. And it probably won't support popular mod expansions like Horn Of the Abyss and In The Wake of Gods. Maybe if the modders are bothered to update the mods to support the new version.

To me it seems like Ubisoft is trying to grab some cash on a beloved game with minimal effort.

Good to see you are thankful that Ubisoft bought up HoMM, have been running it into the ground ever since, and instead of making an actual effort anymore they're just going to squirt out an HD remake with uPlay attached and charge you $40 for it. After which they'll discontinue the IP. Pat yourself on the back for being a great customer.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.