8K video: Easily doable on gigabit-over-copper G.fast broadband

jos

Early tests of G.fast undertake by BT demonstrated download speeds of around 700Mbps and uploads of 200Mbps on the most common types of copper lines.BT’s trials were however based on an early, non-standardised version of G.fast. Now the standard's been defined the technology can, potentially, deliver faster speeds to more customers.The ITU says that G.fast will allow for next-generation streaming services, HD Skype video calls and advanced cloud-based services to operate without a hitch.Telecoms technology standards body the ITU (International Telecommunication Union) rubber-stamped the standard on December 5, meaning hardware manufacturers can start cranking out chipsets now. International industry consortium the Broadband Forum says it will kick of its first plugfest in January 2015, letting ISPs see which kit works best for them.

Source:http://recombu.com/digital/news/4k-8k-gigabit-over-copper-gfast-tech

8K is doable on a 10 Mbps connection. Albeit at a 10 Mbps combined bitrate. The resolution has nothing to do with the file size.

The next few years in technology are going to be very exciting. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

yeah m8s, i enjoy having to live right next to the telephone exchange to use my service to it's full potential

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

8k could be done on much lower speeds using H265

NHK recently carried out successful testing of 8K (7680x4320) broadcasting over a distance of 27 kilometers with a single UHF channel. NHK used the HEVC codec as compression and a bit rate of 85 Mbit/s

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

8k could be done on much lower speeds using H265

So is that bit rate very low and bad ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

8K is doable on a 10 Mbps connection. Albeit at a 10 Mbps combined bitrate. The resolution has nothing to do with the file size.

yeah, that's why youtube 4k just looks like high bitrate 1080p lol

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

So is that bit rate very low and bad ?

according to NHK thats roughly six to ten times more than most 720p TV channels are using for bit rate 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

according to NHK thats roughly six to ten times more than most 720p TV channels are using for bit rate 

So it's good for 8K video or low ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

So it's good for 8K video or low ?

for TV its great

u would need ~85mbps connection to play at the bitrate NHK had

but  this is H265 which means if it was at H264 it would be around  130Mbps - 160Mbps

also netflix's house of cards which is at 4k H265  is at only a mere 15.6 Mbps

for TV its great

u would need ~85mbps connection to play at the bitrate NHK had

but  this is H265 which means if it was at H264 it would be around  130Mbps - 160Mbps

Not-bad-obama.png

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I will still need faster internet connection and no data caps :D

Resultion is absolutely affects the file size.

Factors that affect video file size:

Resolution

Color quality (color bit depth)

Bit rate

audio quality/bit-rate

Compression algorithms generally will hit various aspects of the video in order to reduce the file size.

Resultion is absolutely affects the file size.

Factors that affect video file size:

Resolution

Color quality (color bit depth)

Bit rate

audio quality/bit-rate

Compression algorithms generally will hit various aspects of the video in order to reduce the file size.

The video bitrate, color depth, audio bitrate, audio sampling rate, audio bit depth affect the size, as well as codec of course.