Far Cry 4 stuttering fixed, runs like butter now on my PC

deathjester

LOL....you guys.

Setting the MIP to 1 will result in high quality texture not to load when u get closer.

This does not apply to all the textures in the game (Big mountain cliffs,ur weapons etc) will be at the quality u set in the option menu....but some assets... like...climbable edges or the actual animal textures or some vegetation and rocks will have low quality textures on them

Any comparison picture/video? I didn't see noticeable different in texture quality. It did fix the stutter fest and improved FPS.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Any comparison picture/video?

Two posts previous to yours...in a spoiler.

Not the best indication of it, just as they enter/leave the door, left side stutters, right side does not, also the explosive barrels stutter EVERYtime on my machine on that section of the game, now they do not at all.. Just like the video.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I honestly have to wonder what the QA process is like even with other AAA titles but especially with Ubi.

digging-your-own-grav5cfgy.gif

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Changing all this settings to 0 the in the xml profile helped me to remove the mouse acceleration:

MouseAccelerationOn="1"

MouseAcceleration="1"

Smoothness="1"

Smoothness_Ironsight="1"

UseMouseSmooth="1"

At least some of it....

Any comparison picture/video? I didn't see noticeable different in texture quality. It did fix the stutter fest and improved FPS.

I'am sorry to say...but changing MIP to "1" from "0" is affecting ALL the textures in the game.You are basically playing the game on Textures - Low.

Here are some comparisons:

fky44k.jpg

With MIP changed to "1"

And now with MIP set tp "0" 

20ztfnq.jpg

Snips

Thanks for posting those!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

-snip-

Thanks for posting, confirmed this myself but pretty hard to notice unless you really look at the texture at close range. I guess only noticeable on texture with tonnes of bump mapping? I don't know. 

Anyway, disabling Mip0 greatly reduce the stuttering for me. I take smoother gameplay over unnoticeable texture quality with stutter fest anyday. 

15842098831_efebbc26c9_o.png

15656548188_a433a24bb4_o.png

15844065815_63b6eb89ac_o.png

15656537878_3f58698483_o.png

15658298367_a67300bcfd_o.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I look at these threads on how to fix FC4 and whatnot and I wonder....why do we have to do this in the first place? lol...

I look at these threads on how to fix FC4 and whatnot and I wonder....why do we have to do this in the first place? lol...

Consoles come first, PC second.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Sadly this game seems to want to you to play with a controller. No fix that I have found. There are settings in there, but people said it makes no difference. 

I do not seem to be having as much of a problem with it. I am using mouse acceleration and I don't know. Maybe it is my g500 settings or whatever. It is "ok". Not the best mouse aiming I have ever seen, but I can deal with it. Maybe Ubisoft can fix that later. The above fix I posted should be a damn hotfix. All they have to do is change two variables lol.

Yea... at the part where you have to choose either to kill you friends and join citra or save them, there appears leftmouse to save them RIGHTTRIGGER to kill them... Yea RIGHTTRIGGER oh and if you set your FOV above 70 you have problems in entering doors and walking up stairs. And Far Cry 3 looks so shitty on 70 FOV :/

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Hi, I found a fix on my stuttering by going to the nvidia 3d setting then Program setting look for FarCry 4 and change Maximum pre-rendered frames to 3 and Power management mode to Prefer Maximum performance. Im lock at 60fps 1440p with vsync on I even used these setting with FarCry 3 and no more stuttering. I have 4770k@4.6 with gtx780 sli. The only problem for me now is when playing at night and it's too dark to see while the sli is on. Hope it helps because I almost gave up on this game.