BitTorrent Opens Paygate Premium Bundles To All Artists Giving Creators A 90% Cut..

Now playing on Bit torrent 'politics - performed by developers'

Screen-Shot-2013-09-23-at-8.44.37-PM.png

News via tech crunch

BitTorrent is opening its paygate-based business model to all artists and others who would like to use BitTorrent as a platform  to distribute their content. currently only a couple of major artist have decided to jump in on the whole peer to peer music share solution

Aritist Diplo who is celebrating the tenth anniversary of its first album Florida with a $5 paygated Bundle that features the full album plus new, unreleased content.

bundle-how-to0000layer-comp-1-1.jpg

Since Bittorent is up against competitions like amazon music itunes & spotify which pays top rated artist handsomely , Bittorrent has decided that it will give artists 90% of the revenue from its services, Essentially they are giving artists a 90% cut of all sales around a model that features a flexible model: you can take some content for free, get some behind a paywall; or see the content move to paywall after a certain number of visits for example.

Artists a 90% cut of all sales around a model that features a flexible model you can take some content for free, get some behind a paywall or see the content move to paywall after a certain number of visits for example

BitTorrent-Bundle-e1368547783233-616x267

Taylor Swift sparked debate over the state of music in recent weeks, the value of a stream, the value of a record. The value of art shouldn’t be up for debate. It should be up to artists,” said Matt Mason, chief content officer for BitTorrent

Other sales and streaming platforms have come under attack for failing to disclose the deals they’ve made with labels. While Spotify has claimed to pay 70% of their revenue to rightsholders, public statements by artists, including Taylor Swift indicate that little of that money is actually making it back to the people making the songs

"Our goal with BitTorrent Bundle is to restore control to creators. We’re opening up applications for paygates to all publishers, allowing artists to sell content direct to fans, on their terms, while keeping 90% of sales revenue..The value of art shouldn’t be up for debate. It should be up to artists,”

- Matt Mason,(chief content officer for BitTorrent)

Artist who are new to this needs to contact bittorent via given link & Applying is pretty straightforward afterwards  New artists will be asked to provide contact details, as well as some basic information about the project they’d like to publish, and that’s all.they are set to create a bundle & released or published via bittorrent servers

Kewl news, really profitable for new & emerging artist that don't need to rely on topr 3 recording industry to provide them with a quarter of their paycheck to get put on mainstream

What are your thoughts on this? post your rants & troll feature down below,,,

Source:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/17/bittorrent-bundles-paygate/

Details separate people.

So bittorrent famous for its pirating uses allows people to sell music via their system? I'm not too sure if this would work, but it  is a cool idea thought. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

So bittorrent famous for its pirating uses allows people to sell music via their system? I'm not too sure if this would work, but it is a cool idea thought.

honestly there were some good boundles its worth to keep an eye at the bundle section

Amazon music iTunes and Spotify are all rental services. I would prefer to own the music I buy.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It sounds odd to call it a "90% cut", because 90 is such a vast majority.  Instead it should be said the other way around, i.e. BitTorrent is taking a 10% cut.

Wouldn't that be great and hilarious at the same time if BT would become the standard platform for digital content, oh wait I mean legally obtained content.

It sounds odd to call it a "90% cut", because 90 is such a vast majority.  Instead it should be said the other way around, i.e. BitTorrent is taking a 10% cut.

My guess is that it's to emphasize how much more the artists receive percentage wise, compared to other services which are in the single digits.

Welp

Wow BitTorrent just keeps on getting better and better. I hope this does well.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

So bittorrent famous for its pirating uses allows people to sell music via their system? I'm not too sure if this would work, but it  is a cool idea thought. 

What exactly makes you think this wouldn't work?

BitTorrent is just a protocol. It's a massively efficient system of digital distribution that has untold potential for all kinds of applications.

The fact that people use it to download stuff illegally is completely irrelevant. Once a few known artists jump on board, and prove the business model, this could REALLY take off. All it would take is one established artist. If they link on their Facebook or Youtube "Hey fans, go here and buy my new album!", then many of those fans will do so.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Torrents are good for free music (which are legally free and not pirated). Nice to see they are allowing this kind of service. I understand torrenting is known for bad things, but you can't let that cloud you from the good things of torrenting.

What exactly makes you think this wouldn't work?

BitTorrent is just a protocol. It's a massively efficient system of digital distribution that has untold potential for all kinds of applications.

The fact that people use it to download stuff illegally is completely irrelevant. Once a few known artists jump on board, and prove the business model, this could REALLY take off. All it would take is one established artist. If they link on their Facebook or Youtube "Hey fans, go here and buy my new album!", then many of those fans will do so.

Because it is used so much by pirates I wonder how many paying people they would reach. If an artist that I like would use Bittorrent I would like that, because I'm not a fan of iTunes and similar services. I'm just not sure if they would reach enough paying customers with this program

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Because it is used so much by pirates I wonder how many paying people they would reach. If an artist that I like would use Bittorrent I would like that, because I'm not a fan of iTunes and similar services. I'm just not sure if they would reach enough paying customers with this program

Well, I doubt there's a very large overhead in terms of operational costs, so they don't necessarily NEED to reach a wide audience right away.

Besides, it's all about branding and selling the brand. If Publishers - and especially, big Artists - can sell the platform, people will buy. 90% revenue to artists will be a HUGE draw. Many are fed up with their publishers taking most of their income while offering little in return.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

and so another nail in the coffin for big powerful record labels

Keep in mind that Record Labels DO have a function. The entire idea behind them is that they provide the capital and marketing needed for an artist to take off. They also provide the necessary framework and infrastructure for everything that artist needs.

While I strongly feel that record labels (the big ones especially) abuse their position and power madly, I also believe that they are still needed in some form.

For example, nothing is stopping any Artist from creating an Indigogo or Kickstarter campaign. Nor from using any of the myriad of free/cheap resources available to aspiring artists/musicians. The issue, frankly, is marketing. No one cares about another no-name singer, when there are already ten thousand other no-name singers on YouTube, many of which are quite talented. The Record Labels are there to market the new artist. To make people aware that this artist even exists.

I honestly don't know how this can be solved. I'm not sure that "regulating" the recording label industry would be effective, and that would only work in countries that regulate businesses anyway. It wouldn't be a suitable world-wide solution. Having a platform like this BitTorrent music paygate system is a good start as an alternative, but marketing a new musician is still the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Keep in mind that Record Labels DO have a function. The entire idea behind them is that they provide the capital and marketing needed for an artist to take off. They also provide the necessary framework and infrastructure for everything that artist needs.

While I strongly feel that record labels (the big ones especially) abuse their position and power madly, I also believe that they are still needed in some form.

For example, nothing is stopping any Artist from creating an Indigogo or Kickstarter campaign. Nor from using any of the myriad of free/cheap resources available to aspiring artists/musicians. The issue, frankly, is marketing. No one cares about another no-name singer, when there are already ten thousand other no-name singers on YouTube, many of which are quite talented. The Record Labels are there to market the new artist. To make people aware that this artist even exists.

I honestly don't know how this can be solved. I'm not sure that "regulating" the recording label industry would be effective, and that would only work in countries that regulate businesses anyway. It wouldn't be a suitable world-wide solution. Having a platform like this BitTorrent music paygate system is a good start as an alternative, but marketing a new musician is still the biggest hurdle to overcome.

hence why i said big powerful record labels. :P they do serve a purpose but the big ones have started(or always) to abuse there customers and artists.