Velocity Micro: Nvidia/Samsung Feud Is Not Our Fight

Victorious Secret

NVLogo_3D_fixed_w_300.jpg

If you're wondering who Velocity Micro is, let me fill you in. They are the group that Samsung has named in the countersuit against Nvidia. Why did they name this company? 

Well, Velocity Micro is a PC builder. Thats about it. They make PCs. PCs use Nvidia parts. Thats about as hardcore a link between VM and Nvidia that I could come up with. But why did Samsung name them? 

Because naming VM keeps the lawsuit in Virginia, which is known for its "rocket-docket" approach to suits, letting them go through the court process much faster than in other districts. Really, thats it. Samsung is abusing the geographic location of one company just to get back at Nvidia faster. 

This pisses me off. VM has nothing to do with Samsung and Nvidias ego measuring contest and they are being forced to use their own resources and manpower to fight off Samsung. The court system is so beautifully fucked, isn't it? 

Now, Nvidia reported that Samsung has filed a complaint of its own and has for some reason included Virginia-based PC maker Velocity Micro in the process. This lawsuit covers eight patents, all of which are supposedly violated by Velocity Micro and six of which are violated by Nvidia.

"We know nothing about the previous issues between Samsung and Nvidia, and we don’t care," Copeland said.

His response to the lawsuit seems rather bitter, revealing that the small boutique company will be forced to use "precious company resources and energy" to defend itself from Samsung. This is not the company's fight, he said, yet Samsung's legal tactic will affect not only the employees of Velocity Micro, but the surrounding community.

"If this is how Samsung operates, we want no part of it, and we hope others agree and consider this during this upcoming holiday shopping season," Copeland concluded.

Really this is all a bullshit legal maneuver by Samsung

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

really? this is legal? why? what kind of patents can a company that only puts stuff together and doesn't do any R&D in electronics have that infringe samsung?

i wasn't already a fan of samsung, but now to fking hell with them, the can fk off.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

really? this is legal? why? what kind of patents can a company that only puts stuff together and doesn't do any R&D in electronics have that infringe samsung?

i wasn't already a fan of samsung, but now to fking hell with them, the can fk off.

i blame the legal system more than samsung. i guess they are tired of getting sued 24/7 (note: i am not bias towards samsung) 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I am very angry at samsung and I've had plans to buy an s5 but now I'm not sure...

I don't even know how babies come from?

I am very angry at samsung and I've had plans to buy an s5 but now I'm not sure...

I know how you feel. I'm now morally conflicted in the decision to buy an 850 Pro or XP941 as my next SSD... sigh...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I know how you feel. I'm now morally conflicted in the decision to buy an 850 Pro or XP941 as my next SSD... sigh...

And I can't help thinking does our buy make a difference to them, the geeks. I mean how many people when shopping for a phone research the moral choices of a company, and how many of the handful of people do, actually choose to not buy a product because of that. But I guess it takes a thousand ripples to make a wave. So I just wonder if this is fight even worth fighting.

I don't even know how babies come from?