GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force little noisy fan

jaaa1976

Every time I boot pc I need to press smart fan application for stop top small fan on heatsink ..because is very noisy.

Also smart fan application doesn't start automatically ..so its for me annoying.I contact gigabyte rma support and they told me send board for replace just small fan ..which I can replace alone for 5 min job in home..but i cant find online this small heatsink fan...so I dont wont remove dismantle all pc , gigabyte from what I'm told won't RMA just the fan. they'd want the whole board. That seems like overkill.

Any suggestions what to do?..or should I look for another motherboard for haswell i7 4770K and gtx 780 gpu ?

grinding_fan.jpg

YAMAKASI LEONIDAS 30" LCD 2560x1600 IPS PANEL,Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5

You should be able to turn it off in the bios.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm pretty sure you can turn it off in the BIOS.

EDIT: Double ninja'd.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I can turn it off ..but I don't like system which not work as should have.

I think some quality replacement fan will do the job ..I'm going to remove small fan and put some WD-40 ..will see if that helps.

I think some quality replacement fan will do the job ..I'm going to remove small fan and put some WD-40 ..will see if that helps.

Tell me why you need a fan for VRM & the PCH? Whats the point in it? Just disable it in the bios, or plug the cable out. It's literally pointless, there's no point bringing your VRM temps from 50° to 35° and around 80° the CPU throttles which you'll never get to with that low power consumption cpu's >.>

It's just gimmicks, my fan on my Rive is disabled useless thing

You are joking yes?

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Switch to water cooling on the VRM since that board has a built in water block :D

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Tell me why you need a fan for VRM & the PCH? Whats the point in it? Just disable it in the bios, or plug the cable out. It's literally pointless, there's no point bringing your VRM temps from 50° to 35° and around 80° the CPU throttles which you'll never get to with that low power consumption cpu's >.>

It's just gimmicks, my fan on my Rive is disabled useless thing

Ok..understand that its not very important to colling VRM..so I want disable it in bios ..but i cant find where to disable in gigabyte bios.

Ok..understand that its not very important to colling VRM..so I want disable it in bios ..but i cant find where to disable in gigabyte bios.

Unplug the cable..