German retailers have sold fake GTX660's without their knowledge

Fuzzy112

So apparently from somewhere the german market has gotten fake GTX660 into circulation that are actually Fermi based GT440's

Found only German articles so heres a rough Google Translation

"On the German market counterfeit graphics cards with NVIDIA GPUs are currently available, the product name, a GeForce GTX 660 deceives. They carry the designation "Nvidia GTX660 4096MB Bulk". However, the specifications of the graphics card are quite different from a real GeForce GTX 660 graphics cards, it is an older generation with manipulated VGA BIOS.

Circulated, the maps of Brunswick wholesalers Kosatec. He listed the cards on his website as a residual item. The article showed a picture of the retail card company Zotac inclusive package. Zotac distanced himself quite clearly from it and announced his intention to turn his legal department.

As a wholesaler Kosatec has delivered the card to numerous German online stores. For example, even Jacob Elektronik has listed the card. There c't has acquired such a card for 163,80 Euro. In the c't lab, it turned out quickly that it is not a GeForce GTX 660 at the map"

Sources:

Link 1

Link 2

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

So those 780s on eBay that have 2Gb of VRAM are probably 560s.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Please post non-google-translate link...

Also, where did these cards come from??

i doubt 560 is still a good card 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

There was some graphics card that claimed to be a 780 on Amazon a while back. It's description read

Package include:

1x The graphic

1x the power connector

yeah...

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

I have heard reports they're about as powerful as that so that could be true somebody should buy one and check it out to see for sure.

Please post non-google-translate link...

Also, where did these cards come from??

If someone will find one I will add it to the main post. But the trail seems to be leading to Point of View currently.

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

If someone will find one I will add it to the main post. But the trail seems to be leading to Point of View currently.

Point of View?

Are they the wholesaler/importer for the cards??

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if I find any of those fakes around in my country (assuming they originate from China/Taiwan)... I'll be hitting the shops when I reach 3500PhP (~70USD) and I'll look for things there...

The GPU itself is as good as a 750, but the 1GB less VRAM is a bottleneck in most modern games.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well thats a shame

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It's like this GPU from ebay: "Similar with 780!", and "Memory Type: DirectX10"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Similar-with-GTX780-2GB-384Bit-GDDR3-PCI-Express-2-0x16-Video-Graphics-Card-Hot-/171379870764?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item27e7094c2c

I like this eBay one.. to be honest. Based o the specs it's probably a GeForce 9600 or 8200 or something in that range.

And look at the picture of the card:

$_57.JPG

Side View!

$_57.JPG

You were fooled! You thought it was a big heatsink for a second! Nope. Only a shitty thing.

Anyway. just remember

It was produced by Taiwan graphic manufactory which has 10 years experience on this.
And it's very good quality and has a wonderful praise by our customers.

Yeeaaaaa...

-snip-

Similiar with 780 as in "can out put graphics" 

That ebay one is just some misleading advertising, not really pretending to be a 780

Also, usually you can see directly that the card is fake if they provide pics

And as far as I know Point of View does similiar stuff as Zotac, MSI and Club3d, putting their own pcb and cooler on those cards/chips (idk what the real name for that is)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Well, you are wrong

It's still a beast

You can tell by the performance,,,

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Really hope that Hardwareversand have not been affected :/

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly