The Sims 4 will not be reviewed until after launch - EA is not giving out early copies

Mindtrickz

gqmOxsU.png

Source:  https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/status/501429502984355840

This is a huge red flag, folkes. Massive. Studios only do this when they know a game is going to be badly-received. Bad reviews can only hurt the initial sales, so there's no point in letting people review the game early.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

They don't want people knowing it's shit ahead of time. Comparing it to the sims 3, it looks like they went backwards. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

wellp im boycotting it. now officially 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Now now guys, They don't want reviewers to get their coasters too early! 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Inb4 TotalBiscuit rant :P

Also, this is just a way to make even more money on a game that everyone is going to buy anyway...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Foreshadowing of bad games ahoy!

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Worst gamer ever.Yes its below
Here it comes!
Brace yourselves!
The Sims 1,2,3 and 4

Edited by Windspeed36
Stupidly long post.

TB is going to flip his shit.

I am looking forward to him ripping them a new arsehole

Or angry joe just screaming... 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well thank god I convinced my sister not to pre order it now she won't have to feel ripped off

Well, we all know what that means.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

How is this not a good thing? Early reviewers always hype up games and boost pre orders.

Isn't that what we don't want?

It's not a good thing because people can not know if the game is good or bad before the launch.- Studios do this when they expect negative reviews. They never do it when they expect positive reviews: because that'll only hype the game up further and increase sales.

Negative reviews before the game releases hurts sales.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

I think in this case, everyone that does gaming reviews should review the sims 2 and just call it the sims 4 and give it horrible reviews. They play dirty, we can to. 

It's not a good thing because people can not know if the game is good or bad before the launch.- Studios do this when they expect negative reviews. They never do it when they expect positive reviews: because that'll only hype the game up further and increase sales.

Negative reviews before the game releases hurts sales.

Don't buy the game before a credible review comes out (it'll come out within a week anyway).

What's the issue? Impatient buyers who will blame EA for anything?

edit: You can't mislead customers with hype and paid reviews if the reviews don't exist. I'm not defending EA for anything but I think this encourages people to wait for actual reviews of the release copy before spending $50+ on anything and then getting pissed/feeling entitled.

Note: Early reviewers are often swarmed with deadlines and get limited play time. Reviewing the game is their job--their livelihood. If game devs can get a TotalBiscuit video removed from youtube, imagine what corporations can do to early reviewers who are overly critical of a game before it is released.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Don't buy the game before a credible review comes out (it'll come out within a week anyway).

What's the issue? Impatient buyers who will blame EA for anything?

edit: You can't mislead customers with hype and paid reviews if the reviews don't exist. I'm not defending EA for anything but I think this encourages people to wait for actual reviews of the release copy before spending $50+ on anything and then getting pissed/feeling entitled.

Note: Early reviewers are often swarmed with deadlines and get limited play time. Reviewing the game is their job--their livelihood. If game devs can get a TotalBiscuit video removed from youtube, imagine what corporations can do to early reviewers who are overly critical of a game before it is released.

Now all we are left with is an extensive advertising campaign, and no way to really judge the campaign. Bad reviews rile up the community, and companies like Ubisoft do feel the pressure. This is a dirty tactic from EA for that reason. Sure, people like you and I will wait for reviews before purchasing. But most people don't. You can find loads of people on these forums who pre-purchase the newest Ubisoft titles even after the extensive coverage of their dickery on these forums.

Well, we all know what that means.

The game is secretly the best thing ever and they're just fucking with us?

If so, that's hilarious.

Translation

"So.. basically the game is really shit, and to ensure people still buy it, nobody can review it before it comes out"

The game is secretly the best thing ever and they're just fucking with us?

If so, that's hilarious.

Maybe

Perhaps they are going "WHAT? Who needs a review? its fucking sims 4! this game basically has sex with you while you play"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Great move for them company wise. Dick move to the gaming community. Hahaha. Fucking EA. Always competing against Ubisoft.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

One (perhaps unintended) positive side effect is that this really levels the playing field for start up media outlets.

Look at PC hardware. When corsair launches a new case all the big guys will have a review up the same day. Does the internet have enough appetite left for another air 240 review a week later from a relatively unknown guy/gal?

Some people probably do but that start up will definitely miss a huge chunk of the early buzz...