Disney to release unaltered Star Wars trilogy on Blu Ray

geforceftw

post-2473-0-66732500-1408240746.jpg

The original trilogy is on Blu-ray but it has beem altered fixing some of the issues with the origina films.

According to our sources, Disney has plans to release the original cut of the Star Wars trilogy on Blu-ray. Our sources indicate that the project has been under way for quite some time, but it’s been challenging because of some damage to the original negatives they are utilizing. The goal is to release A New HopeEmpire Strikes Back, and Return of Jedi in their complete, unaltered, original form without the redone special edition SFX.

There is no comfirmed release date but disney's goal is to release them before Star Wars Episode VII.

Are you excited for this? do you even care?

I am glad to see this because i want to watch them again soon, i recently finished watching all 6 movies. But i want to re watch the unaltered ones. 

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I'll buy it as long as Han shoots first.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Dangit, I just bought the 'enhanced' 6 movie blu-ray for like $60. Guess I'll be getting this now... although the NOOOO at the end of Empire Strikes Back wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Dangit, I just bought the 'enhanced' 6 movie blu-ray for like $60. Guess I'll be getting this now... although the NOOOO at the end of Empire Strikes Back wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

the problem with the "NOOOOO" at the end is that it changes Darth's character completely.

beforehand, he was accepting of his death, and it was assumed he knew he would die. 

but now he's just an asshole with a lot of power

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

Wasn't he always?

Wasn't he always?

he was, but he still had some sort of empathy towards his son.

accepting his death sort of confirmed that.

the "NOOOO" took away any sort of character depth

I never found her that attractive, what's all the fuss?

Leia-on-the-Beach-princess-leia-organa-s

I have no clue. People just do. I'm impartial.

he was, but he still had some sort of empathy towards his son.

accepting his death sort of confirmed that

I agreed with what you said, the NOOOOOOOOO is unlike his steely character, I hate it when bad guys turn out to be a coward in death.

Lucas either kept playing with the films because he felt it was necessary and right, or he just wanted the money, after his deal with Disney I'd say it worked out fairly well for him either way.

or he just wanted the money

I'll go with that

the problem with the "NOOOOO" at the end is that it changes Darth's character completely.

beforehand, he was accepting of his death, and it was assumed he knew he would die. 

I can't look that deeply into Star Wars. My opinions go as far as the surface of the movies and the Kotor 1 game.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I can't look that deeply into Star Wars. My opinions go as far as the surface of the movies and the Kotor 1 game.

KOTOR is better than all of the movies put together, haters gonna hate just being real.

They should still make greedo shoot first. Just to fuck with the fans. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Hell yeah. The reason why I haven't bought the blu-rays is because it's not the theatrical version.

I want to see Han shoot 1st but the original jabba the hutt isn't that great.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

As a non star was fan, I would wish that they just cut together a remaster with no BS. Keep the visual improvements, get rid of alterations/unnecessary censorship. But this is ok as well. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Hell yeah. The reason why I haven't bought the blu-rays is because it's not the theatrical version.

I want to see Han shoot 1st but the original jabba the hutt isn't that great.

But it least it will be authentic.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They should still make greedo shoot first. Just to fuck with the fans. 

shut-your-damn-whore-mouth.jpg

I'll go with that

maybe but didn't lucas gave all the 4 billions into multiple charities, i think he just wanted to get out of it completely 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

KOTOR is better than all of the movies put together, haters gonna hate just being real.

KotOR is the single best Star Wars thing ever. Not just Star Wars game. Star Wars. End of story. Star Wars was never better than with KotOR. 

Its a shame that Obsidian got rushed with KotOR II, cause that game was pretty damn special. Much better combat, much better dialogue, and the story explored the "fuck your light and dark side crap, the real world operates in shades of grey" and I loved it. I also love that the missing content was always in the game files but never totally finished and that modders came to the rescue and cleaned it up where Obsidian couldn't. 

So Disney, KotOR 3 mmmkay? Not that stupid TOR bullshit that gave a half assed ending to KotOR's original story arc. 

Its also heartbreaking that Obsidian discusses the idea of KotOR III on a regular basis but clearly can't make it till they get the word from Disney. And god damnit, they should. I'd pay twice. I did pay twice. Xbox and PC. And KotOR II on both as well. God damnit Disney, take my money already.  

Man Star Wars and Call of Duty have become masters of selling the same thing over and over.

Gotta get that money somehow

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

KotOR is the single best Star Wars thing ever. Not just Star Wars game. Star Wars. End of story. Star Wars was never better than with KotOR. 

Its a shame that Obsidian got rushed with KotOR II, cause that game was pretty damn special. Much better combat, much better dialogue, and the story explored the "fuck your light and dark side crap, the real world operates in shades of grey" and I loved it. I also love that the missing content was always in the game files but never totally finished and that modders came to the rescue and cleaned it up where Obsidian couldn't. 

So Disney, KotOR 3 mmmkay? Not that stupid TOR bullshit that gave a half assed ending to KotOR's original story arc. 

Its also heartbreaking that Obsidian discusses the idea of KotOR III on a regular basis but clearly can't make it till they get the word from Disney. And god damnit, they should. I'd pay twice. I did pay twice. Xbox and PC. And KotOR II on both as well. God damnit Disney, take my money already.  

I think the same things, KOTOR is the best star wars thing ever, when people say star wars I think of KOTOR not the movies.

rob06_2028759i.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One of the best characters in anything ever!

I owned it on Xbox, I own both on disc (they had CDrom and DVDrom version of both, I have the CDrom because my PC at the time did not have a DVD drive, yeah..) and I own them both on steam.

Jade empire is also a great game of the time from Bioware that I own 3 times, Bioware used to be such a great developer man..