Intel Skylake info

qwertywarrior

ive been waiting for over a year to hear some Skylake news still waiting for CPU info

http://www.techpowerup.com/200486/intel-core-skylake-cpus-accompanied-by-100-series-chipset.html

• 100 series will have DDR4 support
  • skylake will be 14nm
  • Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt will be 40Gb / s

Intel answered the burning question some of us had about what the desktop chipset that succeeds the 9-series will be named. For now, Intel is referring to it as "100-series," on early internal roadmap documents scored by VR-Zone. Much like the current 9-series, 100-series will consist of a single PCH silicon, from which several variants will be carved out by toggling features.

There will be four primary kinds of "Skylake" packages, SLK-S, which will be socketed LGA; SLK-U, which will likely be compact, ultra-low power BGA, for Ultrabooks; SLK-Y, which will probably be mainstream BGA for compact desktops and all-in-ones; and SLK-H, which will likely be mainstream BGA for conventional notebooks. This generation of CPUs and PCHs, will also be accompanied by four kinds of wireless network controllers, depending on the target form-factor, "Snowfield Peak" Wi-Fi + Bluetooth, "Douglas Peak" WiGig + Bluetooth, "Pine Peak" WiGig, and XMM726x 4G LTE controllers; and "Jacksonville" GbE wired Ethernet controller. Thunderbolt standard will undergo an evolution with the company's "Alpine Ridge" controller.

9a.jpg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

ive been waiting for over a year to hear some Skylake news still waiting for CPU info

• skylake will be 14nm

i thought it will be 10nm...lul... :P...previously they said it will be 10nm...

i thought it will be 10nm...lul... :P...previously they said it will be 10nm...

u thought they were gonna skip 14nm ? :P

intel has three 14nm fabs

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

u thought they were gonna skip 14nm ? :P

intel has three 14nm fabs

no...i thought broadwell will be 14nm and then skylake will be 10nm... :)

how can they skip filling their pockets... :P

Thats even better.

Dream specs. 8 cores @ 3.5, 100w power consumption and idle temps at 25c with stock cooler that i wont use! YES! 

and a freaking god at OCing

lol... :P ..ya i would love that too...hope there will be more cool looking mobos until then... :lol:

no...i thought broadwell will be 14nm and then skylake will be 10nm... :)

how can they skip filling their pockets... :P

if u didnt know intel follows a model what they call "Tick-Tock" since 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Tick-Tock

they always follow that model and they have never strayed off it

every microarchitectural change is followed with a die shrink of the process technology. Every "tick" is a shrinking of process technology of the previous microarchitecture and every "tock" is a new microarchitecture. Every year to 18 months, there is expected to be one tick or tock

In other words, the 2.0 skylake (cannonlake) is the 10nm

10nm, man, soon they will hit dead end

In other words, the 2.0 skylake (cannonlake) is the 10nm

intel had a hell of a hard time making 45nm

its amazing how they are going smaller

1nm is about 14 years away which is the limit

the next thing is either silicene ,graphene ,nanotubes

or laser CPUs like hp's corona which my friend is currently making his dissertation on 

I will not be upgrading this year!

do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

intel had a hell of a hard time making 45nm

its amazing how they are going smaller

1nm is about 14 years away which is the limit

the next thing is either silicene ,graphene ,nanotubes

or laser CPUs like hp's corona which my friend is currently making his dissertation on

I thought the smallest they will actually get down to is about 5nm :S

I will not be upgrading this year!

When was the last time anyone really needed to upgrade their CPU. I am still sitting here with my 2600. I know others that still use the 920 with no intention of upgrading. That is how dominant Intel is in the CPU market.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Skylake-E pl0x ! in 5 yeaaaaarrss

64 cores....

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

When was the last time anyone really needed to upgrade their CPU. I am still sitting here with my 2600. I know others that still use the 920 with no intention of upgrading. That is how dominant Intel is in the CPU market.

its more like its stupid to upgrade ur cpu because u wont really benefit from a faster cpu in games these days

when dx12 comes it will even be less important

only reason my bro wanted to upgrade from a 920 was support for faster sata ports

and the only reason i upgraded from a qx6700 was because my  old motherboard died from old age it wasnt a bottleneck with a GTX570 of bf3 !

its more like its stupid to upgrade ur cpu because u wont really benefit from a faster cpu in games these days

only reason my bro wanted to upgrade from a 920 was support for faster sata ports

and the only reason i upgraded from a qx6700 was because my old motherboard died from old age it wasnt a bottleneck with a GTX570 of bf3 !

I'm still using i7 950 at stock clock. I might upgrade sooner or later because this stupid ASUS Sabertooth X58 doesn't perform 6Gb/s for SSD. I will never buy asus motherboard again. I get 250MB/s from Sata 2 and 270MB/s from SATA 3 on my motherboard. ASUS should go and die already, false specification for the public...

and the only reason i upgraded from a qx6700 was because my  old motherboard died from old age it wasnt a bottleneck with a GTX570 of bf3 !

this, i want to upgrade my cpu but not because is slow, is because i cannot OC on it (i5 2400 + h67 mobo) also this bloody mobo is getting me really annoyed because i have to reboot 2 or 3 time for it to detect my KB, which is fucking stupid

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Can someone clarify Intel's naming scheme for me?

We had Haswell as Z87, now the Haswell Refresh Z97 is about to come out (Devil's Canyon) yet they plan to release Broadwell H2 2014? Does it make sense to release two lines of consumer CPUs in one year? Is Broadwell Z97?

Not to speak of Haswell-E in Q4 2014.

144Hz goodness

the chips are getting wider? awesome... means new coolers to fit :3

Character artist in the Games industry.

Glad to know that, and on that subject, :mellow: Oh goody my haswell will be outdated soon.

Details separate people.

I'm still using i7 950 at stock clock. I might upgrade sooner or later because this stupid ASUS Sabertooth X58 doesn't perform 6Gb/s for SSD. I will never buy asus motherboard again. I get 250MB/s from Sata 2 and 270MB/s from SATA 3 on my motherboard. ASUS should go and die already, false specification for the public...

i think that motherboard might be using a marvell chip for sata 3 they are ok but u should be getting around 500 regardless 

is TRIM working ?