[DEAD] "Old Goat" The 775 Shuttle is reborn! - Nope, Bricked it. Project is Dead.

d33g33

It's going to be a tight fit.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

OK so...

No where in Australia is going to stock the Ek GTX 750(Ti) waterblock. So, I can either import one from the USA which will take a month (and cost $130) or just use my XSPC ghetto'd block.

I think at this stage i'm going to proceed with the XSPC block... The cost just isn't justified in getting an EK 750 block :(

i agree you should use the xspc block.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

OK so...

No where in Australia is going to stock the Ek GTX 750(Ti) waterblock. So, I can either import one from the USA which will take a month (and cost $130) or just use my XSPC ghetto'd block.

I think at this stage i'm going to proceed with the XSPC block... The cost just isn't justified in getting an EK 750 block :(

The block is totally fine. as long as you have some airflow going on in the case you'll be fine 

wow... pretty empty here...

Ghetto is good. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just ordered a couple of final parts for this build. Hopefully make some headway tomorrow, I have some painting to do and I have to work some magic to get the CPU waterblock to fit because the holes in the motherboard aren't standard 775.

Need to drill a bunch of holes as well but hopefully by next weekend it will be functioning with just some cosmetics of the case remaining :)

The sun it out!

TODAAAAAAAAAAAY.

WE PAINT!

I had to make up new brackets for the Glacer 240L pump because the Shuttle motherboard doesn't use standard socket 775 mounting holes. The brackets are simple and were super easy to remove, hats off the CoolerMaster/Swiftech for making that an easy fix!

After today if I get all the painting down I just need to finish the CPU, I'd like to say it will be functional by the end of this weekend but I've said that a couple of times before and it just hasn't happened.

I also came up with some ideas for the vinyl, hopefully they turn out as planned.

Update this afternoon!

@d33g33 it is rather sunny in melbourn right now :D 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Well a productive day.

Painted the chassis, CPU Waterblock/pump brackets, radiator brackets, PCI slot covers, SSD and SouthBridge heatsink.

Just letting it dry for some photos later tonight :)

Can mount the SSD, Mothebroard, GPU, CPU and Waterblock/Pump and plus Rad into the chassis as well. :)

Good stuff @d33g33 I've been thinking about building something like this for Netflix or Steambox...I have a dead fat PS3 sitting there *looks at case* hmmm...

Do it. I have to say, this build has been difficult, actually a lot harder than the R4.

I've just managed to mount the CPU Block/Pump to the CPU and it fits, so a win there! It is so tight I had to scratch the plastidip off one of the capacitors to give me that much more room back.

I've slid the mobo into the case and that fits so winning there as well but to get it all back together will be a bit of a jigsaw, I will have to mount the radiator first before putting the mobo in as when I put the rad in I have to spin it around and with the mobo in first it wont clear the pump. lols.

Taking some photo's now. :)

Can't wait to see it. What's that plastidip equivalent you are using? Plastidip is rarer than gold here.

Armor-All Invisible shield, I got it from Supercheap Auto, but other car places might sell it as well. It only comes in black, white and clear from them though...

Armor-All Invisible shield, I got it from Supercheap Auto, but other car places might sell it as well. It only comes in black, white and clear from them though...

Cool, I'm after white :D

Do it. I have to say, this build has been difficult, actually a lot harder than the R4.

May be more difficult but actually more exciting due to the amount of R4 builds. some get boring real quick.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Cool, I'm after white :D

If they dont know what you're talking about ask for the 'spray on car-bra' ;)

May be more difficult but actually more exciting due to the amount of R4 builds. some get boring real quick.

Its true, there are quite a lot of R4's kicking around now...

@MetallicAcid - I dunno how you're getting your builds done with that ankle biter of yours. My 4 1/2 month old is making sure this build takes as long as possible!

If they dont know what you're talking about ask for the 'spray on car-bra' ;)

Its true, there are quite a lot of R4's kicking around now...

@MetallicAcid - I dunno how you're getting your builds done with that ankle biter of yours. My 4 1/2 month old is making sure this build takes as long as possible!

Hehe. I do all measuring and drawing after she goes to sleep, and try do as much work as I can when she naps during the days. Sometimes (once a month lol) my wife goes to meet friends who also have babies, so I get a full day to mod ;)

Best regards,

Justin.

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Okiedoke Photo time!

Sorry I am a really bad photographer, I tried to buy things to help but i'm still really bad... I wonder if there is night classes or something I can do to improve...

Anyway. Here are some photo's of the ghetto'd EVGA GTX 750Ti FTW

Mods here are obviously making the XSPC waterblock fit, and cutting down the dual PCI slot to a single and painting it white.

7FJV9hx.jpg

ZrpfzVM.jpg

NJFjhJp.jpg

Tu05TfZ.jpg

Next on the list is the CPU Waterblock/pump combo, as I've mentioned a couple of times the Shuttle doesnt have standard mounting holes, rectangular pattern not square so even though there was some adjustment in the waterblock mount there want enough. I had to make up 2x small plates. Fortunately CoolerMaster made it really easy for me to remove the old ones and install the new ones. References from my old photos compared to these should show the difference but i'll try and photograph the original mounts and add them in here later. You can also see the southbridge now also painted white :)

Its not a big pump, but it looks huge compared tot he size of this motherboard.
scAkwBe.jpg

oxxQefb.jpg

e1ReZBv.jpg

XCtSO4X.jpg

5bbqw9W.jpg

And now finally the chassis, painted in a textured black, new radiator mount pop riveted to the top. Goodies installed. It will all have to come out again as the radiator actually needs to be installed first otherwise I wont get it in but that's ok.

Note the new SSD mount, really easy I just drilled 2 holes and it screwed into the 2 top mount of the SSD, it will just clear the back of the PSU.

Much better in black :)
3uYSsyr.jpg

From here it actually looks quite spacious
sF0xRru.jpg

Looking in the front down to the back
eRvEfEo.jpg

New SSD home
ll1dKZ6.jpg

Back view, not the 2x white PCI brackets. I had to cut the exhaust section of the dual slot off becuase normally it would be located infront of the ports, thus sticking out of this case. So i cut it in half and put it behind where it can act as an exhaust vent.
1OmpHgM.jpg

Now I need to rewire my fans for the PSU from 3 pin to 2 pin and then finish the sleeving. I've already loomed in the IR power switch but I need to still make the PCI-E 6pin. 
Once that is done and the PSU is ready to be fitted I have some work to do cutting out the front panel and replacing that with an acrylic panel, also wiring in the white ring vandal switch.

Next I will need to drill out the top cover as a fan grill for the radiator fans to be able to draw air in, same technique I used on the R4 front door. Its not going to be fun but at least I own a drill press now...

Lastly but not least i'm getting some vinyl graphics made up, things are a bit plain at the moment and this should give a bit more dimension to the build.

Getting there slowly people :)

@d33g33 stating to take shape eh? :D

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Can't wait to see the final result with the painted mb's I/O shield :P

you really do you like adding in le and such everywhere you can dont you? :P

(not trying to be offensive if i come off that way)

Specs

dem pics

lPiUTFN.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

@d33g33 stating to take shape eh? :D

It is actually! almost looks like a computer again :)

Can't wait to see the final result with the painted mb's I/O shield :P

Maybe i'll leave the IO shield raw, just to be defiant?

Damn, that gpu mod is freakin' awesome.

Thanks mate, though not recommended! If you don't have one already, its probably worth paying the $130 and sourcing an EK block from the USA. A bit risky this one was and Im still not 100 sure how it will go...

Thanks mate, though not recommended! If you don't have one already, its probably worth paying the $130 and sourcing an EK block from the USA. A bit risky this one was and Im still not 100 sure how it will go...

Ehhhh, where's the fun in that? :D

I'm sure it'll be fine, what could possibly go wrong? :P