[DEAD] "Old Goat" The 775 Shuttle is reborn! - Nope, Bricked it. Project is Dead.

d33g33

Was this computer a pre-build when it came out. I wasn't into computer in those days? Also I like the mod to the watercooler on the GPU

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Was this computer a pre-build when it came out. I wasn't into computer in those days? Also I like the mod to the watercooler on the GPU

So it falls into the category of a 'barebones' PC. Usually it's a case plus whatever proprietary components they have to make the form factor work. In this machines I got the case, PSU and Motherboard. I had to add the RAM, HDD and CPU. A current example would be the EVGA Hardron case. That gives you a case and a proprietary PSU, but you can use any mITX with it.

So it falls into the category of a 'barebones' PC. Usually it's a case plus whatever proprietary components they have to make the form factor work. In this machines I got the case, PSU and Motherboard. I had to add the RAM, HDD and CPU. A current example would be the EVGA Hardron case. That gives you a case and a proprietary PSU, but you can use any mITX with it.

Thanks that clarifies the original computer 

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Heatshrinkless sleeving!

"I have not seen everything and anything is possible" - J. Guru

Apparently our big watercooling company here in Aust (PCCG) Aren't stocking the waterblock for the 750(Ti) I can source one from USA but its $70USD + $65USD Shipping to Aust which sucks...

I don't have a lot of money to spend this month but if I'm going to order from the USA I might as well do a large order to offset the shipping.

I'll probably order 2x D5's 2x tube res's the waterblock and the MO-RA3 and fans. Sucks a bit. I did email another place in Aust (TheKoolroom) to see if they would stock the waterblock. If anyone from Aust has any ideas how to get hold of one of these blocks please let me know!

just wondering @d33g33 what about cooling the vram on the 750ti? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

just wondering @d33g33 what about cooling the vram on the 750ti? 

Neither the stock heatsink on my Galaxy GTX 750Ti OC Slim or EVGA GTX 750Ti FTW cards are actively cooling the VRAM on the 750Ti, they just don't touch it. Obviously, there's no requirement. I'm not concerned, i'm not going to be pushing this card.

The EVGA Fan might have blown some air over the VRAM but the heatsink doesn't touch them. the fan or heatsink wouldn't have touched the VRAM on the Galaxy card.

I give you...

The Shuttle SG33G5 Motherboard - Black Edition, with a bit of yellow... and red... and white... stop judging me...

7PJDW0L.jpg

m0w17E0.jpg

It's a bit rough, I just hit it hard with one thick coat of Armor All Invisible Shield (Plastidip) really it's just to take off the obvious harsh colours that this motherboard had, there's so much you won't see.

I give you...

The Shuttle SG33G5 Motherboard - Black Edition, with a bit of yellow... and red... and white... stop judging me...

7PJDW0L.jpg

m0w17E0.jpg

It's a bit rough, I just hit it hard with one thick coat of Armor All Invisible Shield (Plastidip) really it's just to take off the obvious harsh colours that this motherboard had, there's so much you won't see.

looks great man, wont even see the other colors after you fill it with components, heat sinks etc. 

Yea after the rad and GPU go in there wont be much exposed.

I kinda liked it before a little bit more.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Looks Great.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I kinda liked it before a little bit more.

You're a fan of the nostalgic aspect of this build aren't you? Sorry to disappoint, but once the chassis is painted it would have looked off. 

Looks Great.

Thanks, hopefully it sill works!

BAH THIS COMPUTER NOTHING FITS!!!! 

The CPU mounting holes on the motherboard aren't standard, its the Galaxy GTX 750 All over again...

I got the radiator to fit, just, just started to mount up the waterblock and blah! The Dremel is getting a workout today...

OK, well...

Here's what I got done today.

Here is the PSU cover, painted in the same satin black as I did the R4, has a really nice texture to it.

4ut60Au.jpg

Then I pulled the fans and tubes off the Glacer 240L

k7aFxF6.jpg

This is a really bad photo but to fit the Gentle Typhoons I had to grind out the inside on the screw mounts because the screws that fit the rad aren't standard M3's

PBocqmD.jpg

Then I made up this super dodgey template...

Bjqfbe1.jpg

Then I fitted said radiator, fans, and fan filters to the dodgey bracket.

gTGMleu.jpg

Then I turned my gaze to the chassis, time to cut to make the radiator fit.

This is what I had to cut from the front,

WnzKp26.jpg

And the back, note completely going into the 2nd slot.

hcMSMJI.jpg

A quick dremel and the front was out, this was basically just to make a bit more room for the tubes on the front of the rad.

q8xJVJl.jpg

And the back... This was the first cut, I had to go back in a few times.

FVfvBeI.jpg

AND DO YOU BELIEVE IT!, ITS IN! A bit of pinchweld on the top and bottom will clean this up.

The back

esWsCyA.jpg

The side

V9EgNKe.jpg

The front, lucky I cut that front section out... 0 room in this case...

YiMwhyr.jpg

When I started cutting, I didn't think it was going to fit but I'm glad it did. I can not stress how close this is to the PSU (it will be touching) and the back of the GPU (will pretty much be touching)

The chassis is in primer now. I'm redoing that stupid bracket I made up because its horrible.

Touch wood, this build might be close to completion the end of next weekend... fingers crossed.

-bloop-

Glad it fit in, I had a similar situation with Twofold. I didn't know that both of the motherboards were going to fit until I had one in, It was very tense up to that point because the plan(or actually the lack of a plan) depended entirely on the motherboards fitting with the space to have two double slot PCIe cards.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You're a fan of the nostalgic aspect of this build aren't you? Sorry to disappoint, but once the chassis is painted it would have looked off. 

Thanks, hopefully it sill works!

Nostalgia is good. Like HELIOS. And my upcoming build (hint: 1GHz Pentium III).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

enlighten me?

Wire cutters. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

P250514_1307_zpscd07c268.jpg

Perfect tool for any job.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Even cutting GPUs :D!

GPUs, motherboards, bodies...

[morbid i'm sorry]

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III