[DEAD] "Old Goat" The 775 Shuttle is reborn! - Nope, Bricked it. Project is Dead.

d33g33

that looks really nice.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

not directly related to this build but my new lens arrived so I should be able to take some nicer photos!

Very nice I have the f1.8 and love it.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

saw this on overclock3d.net too :0 
when will updates come? have a 775 shuttle pc laying around too :)

wow... pretty empty here...

saw this on overclock3d.net too :0 

when will updates come? have a 775 shuttle pc laying around too :)

Progress is a little slow as I need to get to a plastics place to pick up some acrylic, but after I have that it should be full steam ahead! lots of cutting and drilling will need to happen on this one.

Hey, why didn't anybody tell me @d33g33 has a new build? I need to know

these things people! :P

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Nice good to see your PC being revived lol I'm going to be having to replace the motherboard in my mothers PC it still works but two of the CAPs are popped out I just have to find a cheap LGA775 motherboard lol

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Sorry @alpenwasser I didn't mean to leave you out. :P

Here let me loop you into my other projects as well

A G5 that will be paired with a MO-RA3 for X99

HoxAIER.jpg

And an acetel test bench 1 of 2 that was custom made that I hope to use in videos for YouTube work...

0aC6tcU.jpg

All the projects...

Sorry @alpenwasser I didn't mean to leave you out. :P

Here let me loop you into my other projects as well

A G5 that will be paired with a MO-RA3 for X99

And an acetel test bench 1 of 2 that was custom made that I hope to use in videos for YouTube work...

All the projects...

Uhm, yeah... 

mother-of-god-gif.gif

...^this. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Uhm, yeah... 

...^this. :D

Good thing about the G5 is I can order a heap of the stuff now. I'm ordering 2x 500w SFF PSU's from a Shuttle that i'll bridge to give 1000w but keep it slim. The MO-RA3, res' pumps stuff like that so I should have the baseline ready for X99 release... maybe... hopefully...

It's a bummer that your EVGA cards haven't been good overclockers but that's the silicon lottery for you. My luck has been pretty good so far, my first EVGA card(660 Ti Signature 2 FTW) ran 1375Mhz on the core, I had another that did 1345Mhz and one that did 1280Mhz(stock boost was 1140-ish). I then got a 760 that ran at 1280/7400 which was nuts but the two I have now are pretty tame running at 1267Mhz on the core. I'm still dialing in the memory OC to see my top end. IMO you can't fault EVGA for the silicon lottery it's a fact of life for every brand.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It's a bummer that your EVGA cards haven't been good overclockers but that's the silicon lottery for you. My luck has been pretty good so far, my first EVGA card(660 Ti Signature 2 FTW) ran 1375Mhz on the core, I had another that did 1345Mhz and one that did 1280Mhz(stock boost was 1140-ish). I then got a 760 that ran at 1280/7400 which was nuts but the two I have now are pretty tame running at 1267Mhz on the core. I'm still dialing in the memory OC to see my top end. IMO you can't fault EVGA for the silicon lottery it's a fact of life for every brand.

Its very true, but it doesn't stop me feeling bad :( really it doesn't matter at all, and I know its not particular to the brand. But I have to blame something, so I feel better blaming them :P

Hold on to your hats ladies. Tomorrow I pick up the acrylic I've been waiting on and a couple of fittings and tubing. Once I have this its full steam ahead. This weekend will see the new cradle for the radiator made, case drilled, everything painted, acrylic cut, sleeving done. Hopefully come Sunday night the only thing left will be to get the custom stickers made up.

Looking forward to see how this little guy turns out :D

Hmm so EK just released the official 750Ti waterblock, I thought it would be longer. I might ask my retailer how long until they get stock... Or should I persist with the monstrosity that is the XSPC block?

Yes the ol' 775 gets even cooler (see what I did) ;)

Cant wait to see where this goes! Keep it up buddy.

Also; I'd say see if you cant get the EK block for the 750ti

Build Log: The beautiful Workhorse

Case_NZXT Phantom 530 Black CPU_Intel i7 4770K Cooling_NZXT Kraken X60 Motherboard_MSI MPower Z87 Graphic_MSI GeForce GTX 760 HAWK-Edition 

RAM_Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB DDR3-1866 PSU_Corsair RM Series 750W SSD_Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Stoarge_Western-Digital Green 2T

I would see if you can get the EK block.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Hmmm they wont give me an ETA on when it will arrive... I can still get the 240 in and leave the GT520 in place until it arrives and then swap out the GPU when the new block comes in. Otherwise I need to spend some money on fittings and stuff that I wont need on the new block.

EK EK EK EK EK EK!!!

I would just wait it out. I want to see a watercooled 750Ti (and a watercooled 9800GT).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Small update from today.

I did a full tear down of the Shuttle to see exactly what I would be looking at. Here it is in all its glory

9dNwhFO.jpg

Love the colours on an old Mobo...

dE2rUC4.jpg

The first thing I notice is that there is 2 fans on the PSU, not 1, and I only got 1 fan to replace it, so ill have to get another, no big deal...

The front - intake

TT38f5u.jpg

The back - exhaust

XU0ydwU.jpg

This is a ribbon connector for the front USB and audio, fair to say no sleeving will be done of this...

CHpgY54.jpg

And this is the connector for the PWR and LED, Reset and HDD LED.. All this is going as i'm putting on a new front panel with a vandal switch, luckily the motherboard document shows what pins are for what on the motherboard otherwise there would have been a lot of trial and error. It juts looks like a USB 2 header with no labels.

uw3oDzs.jpg

Next to take apart the PSU... and this, fair to say from 2008 its not in warranty anymore...

D1fbN2w.jpg

Just 4 screws and it opened up

Hf7RtWF.jpg

Nasty... I brushed it all out...

8cP0nmf.jpg

The stock fans, 2x 40mm Delta's I need to find out the specs of these fans, hopefully the NoiseBlockers I have to replace them will do an OK job... 

Oy9UKrk.jpg

A quick google has the Delta's at 6300rpm - 7.17CFM and 27dBA. The NoiseBlockers are 3800rpm - 3.9CFM and 14dBA. I think that's well within the tolerance, who knows how well these Delta's are working after all these years and dust. I'm sure after I've cleaned it all out and using the NoiseBlockers it wont be worse.

And case ready for paint!

2Uko8of.jpg

That's as far as I got for now, hopefully I'll get some sleeving and custom cables done tonight!

that psu.  :P

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

That's one dusty PSU.