[DEAD] "Old Goat" The 775 Shuttle is reborn! - Nope, Bricked it. Project is Dead.

d33g33

fans for the Rad have to be plugged in some where ;) lol

Yea, fan controllers, splitter PCB's... 

I think you're assuming because you don't know better, that's ok but I don't think you should advise people on something with your assumption as fact. I'm sure if you look into it some more you'll learn some stuff :)

I don't have any of my fans plugged into the motherboard...

Me either on the R4 :D

Which is kinda silly of me, the main reason I went with an Asus board was because I love fan xpert haha, the only thing plugged into it is the pwm signal from the pump.

Noiseblockers @12v unbelievably quiet..

Which is kinda silly of me, the main reason I went with an Asus board was because I love fan xpert haha, the only thing plugged into it is the pwm signal from the pump.

Noiseblockers @12v unbelievably quiet..

How many fans can you run off a header though? Thats normally why people dont run many fans off the motherboard.

I cant see my motherboard turning my Silverstone AP 181's

Well the z97i only has 3 fan headers, and they're all bunched up together near the cpu 8 pin, so I just used one of these instead so I didn't have a tonne of fan wires going to one spot looking all fugly :D

81097_0.jpg

They're good things, that's for sure, I have my 4 fans and led strip hooked up to mine. I think I have some photos somewhere, I might update my log seeing as my dreams of bending acrylic this weekend have been dashed after I was given the wrong size silicone cord :D

Wow this guy^ that is a lot of scrolling on a mobile.

It wasn't overheating, I've done something to the motherboard. I checked the CPU in another system and it's fine. When I put in here no POST and it just power cycles every 3 seconds.

bummer ;/ well best of luck to ya on your next build :)

it's a shame i really liked the idea of this build :( well best of luck in your future endeavours

Asgard - Local server(Plex, Minecraft, Teamspeak, etc.)

Valhalla - My main rig(i5 4670k@4.4GHz,GTX780 ACX)

Valkyrie - Asus N53SN(Yeah I want to get rid of this and replace it with something more mobile)