Apple and EA...

So today I bought my first app on  a 4th gen ipod touch.  It was tetris for 99c.  Now iOS is a bit like console, theres not many devices you have to program for, YET STILL, tetris crashes, every time, no matter what, after the EA logo shows up...it crashes. I would maybe expect something like this on PC, but not in a closed environment like this shit. What the is this all about. It clearly states on the tetris details, needs iOS 6.0 or later....Guess what, I have iOS 6.1.  Still feels the need to crash every time.

THEY CAN'T EVEN PROGRAM BLOODY TETRIS TO RUN PROPERLY.  And then apple lists it as iOS 6.0 compatible when it isn't \. WOrks fine on an iphone 4 which can run iOS 7, but a one gen behind ipod can't run iOS 7.

/rant

Oh yeah, does anyone know how to fix this???

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

its not apples fault it doesnt work. its the game provider. take it up with them. there is nothing you can really do you side to fix this. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Take it up with EA...We all know what Linus will say!

Just write a letter that starts with: Fuck you EA. (Insert rant here)

You should PM Linus and have him help you write a letter.

They may never fix it.

Why? you may ask.

Because they'd rather create a half finished game and release it to the public.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

EA. Don't even get me started. I really enjoy the multiplayer of ME3, largely because I have some family members who are otherwise casual gamers that enjoy playing it, so it's nice to socialize with them. However, that game is garbage from a technical standpoint. Half the time you launch, it cant find your DLC. Then, the next time, origin (another pile of shit) doesn't start properly, so you can't use the overlay, and thus can't join anyone's game. Then, sometimes it will just crash right after the first screen, and you have to basically log out and back in to get it to actually quit. I've literally never had that much trouble with a game. Not even BF4 (I got it free with my GPU). 

It's no surprise to me that they have more piles of shit out there being sold. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

App developers for Apple are used to basing the minimum system requirement around OS version alone since iOS doesn't have too much fragmentation but iPod Touch 4 is a special case.

Everbody is dropping support for iPod Touch 4 nowadays but I remember even in its prime some games that it could not run without crashing. Some apps especially state they do not support iPod Touch 4 even if the App Store let's you install it.

The main problem is the lack of RAM. Only 256 MB is not enough anymore.

iPhone 4 has 512 MB of RAM, that's why it was upgraded to iOS 7.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

You gotta download more RAM :D

PC Gaming forever...

• 2 weeks later...

If theres money involved its EA fault.

Make them unhappy and tell you dont want a game that does not work even if its 99c

bunch of scammers.

• 2 weeks later...

EA tetris used to work fine when I had an Ipod touch, but that was quite a while ago. Maybe one of the IOS updates broke it and EA haven't done anything about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.