[Unofficial LTT] NZXT H440 Owners Club

3 minutes ago, Stonkers said:

Thought I would post my build here for people looking for idea's of what is possible with this case, I know I lurked this forum a lot for inspiration when I was building mine. 

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

and how do you think it turned out?

easiest challenge, hardest challenge, what would you change now that you have got it in an operable state?

58 minutes ago, airdeano said:

and how do you think it turned out?

easiest challenge, hardest challenge, what would you change now that you have got it in an operable state?

I'm really happy with how it turned out in the end, I'm thinking of changing over to rigid tubing and getting a less restrictive 240mm radiator as my old Alpha Cool one is really quite restrictive. I also need to sort out the hack job I did mounting the pump/res combo as its held in with zipties at the moment.

I came from a Silverstone TJ07 case which was absolutely massive and was a real pain to move but had loads of space to work in, the H440 is a lot a smaller which had its own challenges but I would recommend it to anyone as I was really impressed with its quality.

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

Get some type of white material and cover that green SSD label and you sohuld be good :D

I'm going to cover both with either some black or white foamex I'm leaning more towards black for a more stealth look.

@Stonkers not really gunna find a less restrictive radiator in air flow than the alphacool radiators.

might look into the ek fan/radiator bracket to mount the pump/res to and remove the hard drive plate (drill rivets and re-pop rivet when changing/selling case)

7 minutes ago, airdeano said:

@Stonkers not really gunna find a less restrictive radiator in air flow than the alphacool radiators.

might look into the ek fan/radiator bracket to mount the pump/res to and remove the hard drive plate (drill rivets and re-pop rivet when changing/selling case)

Sorry I should have clarified that old Alphacool radiator is really flow quite restrictive (it's pretty much one of the first ones they ever made I've had it for that long), for the watercooling loop I'm thinking of changing it for a EK-Coolstream PE 240. I do plan on removing the HDD plate and getting the bracket but I'll do that when I change the tubing over as it works for now and I'm out of funds for this build at the moment. I'm also planning on changing the tubing over to clear and filling with white coolant as not being able to see where air bubbles are trapped really made the loop a pain to bleed.

Can anyone give me the measurement for the acrylic window of the h440? I ended up selling mine , but the new owner broke it apparently, so i was planning to get him a replacement. 

Also, some people recommend glass over acrylic, any reason behind that ? 

@TheRealZenith

i'd let the new owner contact NZXT to take care of the replacement.

i'd seen around $23 for a new side-panel (when in stock) or this: https://mnpctech.com/nzxt-h440-s340-razer-replacement-custom-window-smoked-clear-red-uv-green-blue/clear-nzxt-h440/

Clear Replacement CNC Machined Window for NZXT H440 and Razer design cases

due to the retaining mechanism, a flat replacement will not function properly.

@airdeano So i just changed my old Alphacool radiator out for a EK-Coolstream PE and bled the system again. CPU temps have dropped dramatically 4.9GHz @ 1.33V after 1 hour I now have a peak temp of 76C with idle sitting at 28C (ambient 21C) previously on the Alphacool radiator at 4.7GHz @ 1.250V idle was 39C with peak hitting 89C after 5 minutes before I turned off x264.

This is not to say Alphacool products are bad I've had that radiator since 2007, which I think is a testament to there build quality so after almost a decade it's time for it to be replaced.

@Stonkers sounds like some of the tubes may have been clogged reducing cooling efficiency.

glad to hear it was a success.

Just went ATX with my build and updated my GPU can't wait to start the build in it!

Do you guys recommend mounting 240m rad in front or top. Is the top to restrictive? It will either be rad top exhaust with triple intake front or rad front and 1 intake front with top and rear exhaust.

@TheMidnightNarwhal depends on if the hose routing can be 'managed' on the AIO.

i prefer the front intake for longer tubes on the AIO and the roof for short tubing.

your case is the v1 or v2, if the v2 really no restriction.

5 hours ago, airdeano said:

@TheMidnightNarwhal depends on if the hose routing can be 'managed' on the AIO.

i prefer the front intake for longer tubes on the AIO and the roof for short tubing.

your case is the v1 or v2, if the v2 really no restriction.

I'll cehck it out.

Oh v1 or v2? How can I identify? What is different? I did not know that! Only getting the case on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

I'll cehck it out.

Oh v1 or v2? How can I identify? What is different? I did not know that! Only getting the case on Tuesday.

Well if you have only just got the case then it is probabbly the V2!!!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

anyone know where to get replacement front panels from?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

@jaggysnake57 nzxt has stood me up twice to get replacement panels (even asked to pay for them) and didn't really get any sort of response. i'm looking to find a wrecked chassis and scavenge the panels. i've got a black/red and looking for the white front/top panels to make an all-black. and the left overs for a white/red.

4 hours ago, airdeano said:

@jaggysnake57 nzxt has stood me up twice to get replacement panels (even asked to pay for them) and didn't really get any sort of response. i'm looking to find a wrecked chassis and scavenge the panels. i've got a black/red and looking for the white front/top panels to make an all-black. and the left overs for a white/red.

really thats stupid you would think you could buy them at least. im looking to do a glass mod on the front. the new corsair crystal cases look amazing

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Hi everybody !

So first, i apoligize for my bad english, i'm french.

So, i come to this page because of my PC which is built in a NZXT H440 red/black edition.

I have a problem for weeks now and i can't solve it and it make me crazy. I bought my pc parts and built my pc. So my case is the NZXT H440 black/red and my fans are all corsair af120 quiet edition and an af140 quiet edition. The 140 is on the back, 3 ofn the 120 in the front, and the 2 other 120 on my AIO corsair H105.

So, i bought all these components to make the most silent pc as possible with parts which looks great. And i'm totally disappointed. 

My PC is loud. It is SO LOUD ! I have 5 old PC's that are very very louds and i use them as storage, but they are old ! My new PC is totally new and it is more and more loud than all my old PCs reunited together !

I choose all my parts to have a really quiet PC because they are recommended for that but now i have the loudest PC i ever had and i don't know what to do... i tried everything.

I tried to change fans for be quiet, same result. I unscrewed fans and replaced screws by noctua plastic, samez result. I manage my cables in 3 or 4 ways different, same result. I removed all my HDD/SSD, same result.

So i came here, because i don't know what to do at all and all this noise is making me crazy. I didn't spent money during two years to buy this PC and i have the worst PC ever with the best components that i could possibly choose.

So my question is : have you ever had problems with this case and those fans ? And if yes, have you resolved them ?

My parts are :

Intel core i7 6700k

32 GB corsair Dominator

SSD sandisk 500 Go 

SSD kingston 120 Go

HDD 1 To seagate Barracuda

HDD 2 To Seagate Barracuda

GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Edition by Zotac

Corsair Hydro H105 AIO

5 AF120 quiet edition corsair fans.

1 AF140 quiet edition corsair fan.

Gigabyte Z-170X Ultra Gaming G1 MB

If you have any solution for me, thanks  !

And sorry for the long post.

So i am planning on getting an H440 but 1 thing where i am worrid about, i got an Corsair H115i (280mm Rad) will that fit with no problems in the top and! wil it not get too hot becasue the small size of the air ports on top

1 hour ago, Chronoxyde said:

Hi everybody !

as to the loudness, have you tried to reduce the voltage to the fans. that should slow them down for a quieter need. 

5 minutes ago, Propphet said:

So i am planning on getting an H440 but 1 thing where i am worrid about, i got an Corsair H115i (280mm Rad) will that fit with no problems in the top and! wil it not get too hot becasue the small size of the air ports on top

on the v1 cases, not an issue because there is enough of the porting. the v2 really a non-issue.

issue only to be concerned is the motherboard DIMM slot placement and the VRM heatsinks.

39 minutes ago, airdeano said:

as to the loudness, have you tried to reduce the voltage to the fans. that should slow them down for a quieter need. 

Yes, i tried all i could, including using the adapter which came with my fans, low noise adapter...
I set my MB on silent for all fans but my PC is still extremely loud. I was watching a movie an hour ago and i heard the PC all long.

Maybe should i replace my AIO by a thermaltake and my fans by Be Quiet 3 ?

@Chronoxyde you'll prolly have the similar noises.

those AF120 fans are pretty quiet, especially undervolted.

what rpm are those fans at?

7 hours ago, Chronoxyde said:

Yes, i tried all i could, including using the adapter which came with my fans, low noise adapter...
I set my MB on silent for all fans but my PC is still extremely loud. I was watching a movie an hour ago and i heard the PC all long.

Maybe should i replace my AIO by a thermaltake and my fans by Be Quiet 3 ?

are you using the bulit in fan controller?

7 hours ago, airdeano said:

@Chronoxyde you'll prolly have the similar noises.

those AF120 fans are pretty quiet, especially undervolted.

what rpm are those fans at?

I don't know what means similar noise for you, but i made my fans run at 500 or 800 or 1000 or 1200 rpm and every time, same result.

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

are you using the bulit in fan controller?

I tried with and without. same result every time. But what i don't understand is that i plugged ma h105 fans in a splitter and this plitter in the cpu fan header but they are always running at 100% even with my BIOS settings set as quiet.