VoLTE on unlocked android phones = vaporware

cloneman

Seems to be the trend that VoLTE doesn't work ounless carriers whitelist it. This means, Apple phones support it, and only "select" 1st-party Android phones.

This is vexing because the "cool" place to be is imported/unlocked android phone, and it's an arbitrary restriction because of jank-slow VoLTE rollout...

You can still use unlocked android phones. I'm pretty sure the phone just has to be "compatible" as deemed by the carrier. Most phones are, even ones that aren't as common. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

VOLTE is a standart, a useless one if you ask me. Manufacturer has to comply with each carriers configuration and thats why you dont usually get "unlocked" phones with volte, manufacturers (like LG) have volte enabled with their country/carrier specific devices.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Here in canada there's no Way to use an unlocked android phone with VoLTE unless you bought it from the original carrier.

4 hours ago, cloneman said:

Here in canada

Must be a Canada thing. Because I got a OnePlus 3T I bought directly thru OnePlus and TMobile gives me VoLTE here in the US. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

19 hours ago, cloneman said:

Seems to be the trend that VoLTE doesn't work ounless carriers whitelist it. This means, Apple phones support it, and only "select" 1st-party Android phones.

This is vexing because the "cool" place to be is imported/unlocked android phone, and it's an arbitrary restriction because of jank-slow VoLTE rollout...

Yep. I have an unlocked Galaxy S7 and Vodafone (my carrier) does not let me use VoLTE (even in a major city) despite the fact that my phone worked flawlessly on 3 with VoLTE. I'm switching back to 3 as soon as I can afford to cancel my contract with Vodafone, they're a lot better at actually making phones work on their network which other carriers seem to not care about (except EE to an extent).