Obtaining the hardware by KuzmaTech

Kuzma

Ummm Part 2 of my PC Gaming Guide?

Just a nice little series I thought I'd do to point people considering moving to PC in the right direction

You can check out part 1 here

And without further ado the video :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU0gXmNweJE

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

thoughts on  APU + gpu cross fire ?

also why a big gap ?

650 => 1000

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

dat voice OP

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

thought on  APU + gpu cross fire ?

also why a big gap ?

650 => 1000

It's not an APU+GPU Crossfire, the Athlon x4 760K is essentially a 4300 without L3 cache with usually higher oveclock yields and since it's on the FM2+ platform this allows for things like PCIe 3.0 and support for the eventual upgrade to some of AMD's other CPUs in the future such as a Quad-core steamroller in the future.

Also the big gap is because I felt like there was no real need to really fill all those price gaps, the difference between a £850 PC and £650 PC isn't that large compared to a £1000 PC -> £650 PC and £450 PC -> £650 PC.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

you have a nice voice no homo. ok maybe a bit

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It's not an APU+GPU Crossfire, the Athlon x4 760K is essentially a 4300 without L3 cache with usually higher oveclock yields and since it's on the FM2+ platform this allows for things like PCIe 3.0 and support for the eventual upgrade to some of AMD's other CPUs in the future such as a Quad-core steamroller in the future.

oh sorry what i meant was what are your thoughts on some one building an APU (kaveri) + GPU cross fire system ?

how much of a bottle neck would the CPU have ?

or are new game engines CPU friendly enough ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

oh sorry what i meant was what are your thoughts on some one building an APU (kaviri) + GPU cross fire system ?

how much of a bottle neck would the CPU have ?

or are new game engines CPU friendly enough ?

Oh right, tbh if the crossfire ends up like the 6800k i.e. high frame rates but many dropped frames then I'm gonna have to say I decide against it 100%. If you're talking about a computer running an A10-7850k as an APU compute module and the a dedicated GPU such as the 290X then I'm all for it.

The bottleneck on the CPU won't be very high (since my CPU at stock is about the same as an 8320 in single core and since AMD GPUs run better on single core performance, the weird effect of the less modules in an AMD CPU the better the single core performance means there'll be less bottleneck on that machine than mine - if you ignore my overclock of course) with games being more multi-threaded this is even less of a problem and then even further on top of this if mantle even has a 10-20% performance increase on the CPU (just my personal estimations in a worst case scenario, provided AMD's current claims don't work out as well as they're said to) then there'll be literally no bottleneck at all.

Such a manly voice hue hue hue 3:

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Dude dat voice tho! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

-woop-

I like that you're trying to tackle the prob to people who aren't aware with prebuilts and building your own pc and stuff.

I think the description section can be much shorter, I would use bit.ly to link your built (this allow you to track how many clicks as well)

and just give links to your built. (ex: built 1: link, built 2: link)

remember your audience, if you're trying to explain to people who aren't aware of these, model numbers will confuse them; try to stick with something simple

such as amd a10, intel i7,  if you think that's not enough you can clarify like ivybridge, etc.

put up some sort of actual video people can see whilst listening to the information you're giving :)

here's the other thing tho, try to actually write down what you're going to say, I hear a lot of "uhmm" and don't get me wrong, "uhmm" CAN be used very nicely to

give pause - however if I can hear that every few seconds that detracts from the message you're giving me.

I - myself, write down what I'm going to say (not exactly what I'm going to say - however the main things I'm going to say) this reduces the "uhmm" I use and because

I put myself in front of a camera, I can do body gestures for pauses and/or sequence breaks and pointing out certain subjects.

I would like to see that you cover it more in the pretty pretty details, let's face it youtube = vid, no vid = ppl getting bored.

go to /r/youtubers talk there a bit, get a bit of views, talk to focus groups in the areas where you want your viewers from and so on (pretty sure everyone heard of this a million times already) :P

and good luck, subbed you hope it helps :)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

-snip-

Feeback, glorious feedback!

Thank you for taking the time to type all that out to help me with my videos ^_^ I really appreciate it and I'll take on board all your suggestions but tbh the primary reason there's no video is because I get very camera shy :P maybe I'll get some gameplay from something for next time I put out a video and the lighting in my bedroom is really bad anyway so yeah....

Thanks again for the feedback and may the odds be ever in your favour :P

-woop-

you are most welcome, and in terms of camera shy, isn't it the same thing when anyone first pick up a microphone and start talking to the internet? :)

not that you have to, but if you do want to use that as a medium it does allow more options to relay messages to your viewers :D

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

you are most welcome, and in terms of camera shy, isn't it the same thing when anyone first pick up a microphone and start talking to the internet? :)

not that you have to, but if you do want to use that as a medium it does allow more options to relay messages to your viewers :D

Idk since my voice broke I've never really had any feeling of shyness talking on the mic?

Since I don't really have a lot of self confidence my appearance however would cause me to have a lot of doubt in my mind when recording and I'd probably have sooo many takes!

-snip-

Dude! watch your video with autocaption on... it's funny as heck.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Dude! watch your video with autocaption on... it's funny as heck.

Oh gosh, it's so true; guess that's going to be my method of determining how clear that I'm talking.

Your voice is

gay

jk

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla