2016 flagship phone or 2018 mid-range phone

I don't know which one to pick

1.- xiaomi mi a2 (completely new)

2.- LG G5/galaxy S7

which one offers the best performance (for gaming) that's what matters the most for me

any other options for about $4000 mxn are welcome

i've gotten lots of  cheap phones in the past and have never had a good experience with them, but that was more in the 150 USD range, however looking at the specs of the xiaomi mi a2, I would get it. also like the otehr guy said do not get the samsung s7, the battery life is unusable after a year. Also samsung puts so much stuff and features into their phone that it is significantly slower than another phone with the same specs. Also my S7 had a lot of problems that samsung refused to fix, saying it was software issue when it clearly was not.

15 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

2.- LG G5/galaxy S7

which one offers the best performance (for gaming) that's what matters the most for me

at least go for a G6  which is miles ahead of g5 in design, and 7 edge for much larger battery

dont worry about samsung, as there are many great custom roms available

35 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

kek

Only advantage the Xiaomi A2 has over the Samsung S7 is software. It's part of the Android One program while the s7 has...Samsung Experience...ugghh

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

5 hours ago, 17030644 said:

I don't know which one to pick

1.- xiaomi mi a2 (completely new)

2.- LG G5/galaxy S7

any other options for about $4000 mxn are welcome

Avoid the S7 please... An S7 brand new is a rip off, and the battery is dog s**t after a few months. I have an S7 that I bought brand new in April and battery isn't amazing. Especially when gaming. My friend also has an S7 that is 2 years old and he has to keep it plugged into a power bank all day otherwise the battery just goes flat in a couple of hours.

With Android I would go for a 2018 mid range because that will get you up to date software. With iOS on the other hand there isn't much problem getting an older device (kind of pointless anyway because Apple does not sell any up to date mid range phones)

22 hours ago, Speed Weed said:

Do not get Galaxy S7. I owned it, and the battery is a shit after a few months used. Phone performance is decent. 

22 hours ago, Night Hawk said:

i've gotten lots of  cheap phones in the past and have never had a good experience with them, but that was more in the 150 USD range, however looking at the specs of the xiaomi mi a2, I would get it. also like the otehr guy said do not get the samsung s7, the battery life is unusable after a year. Also samsung puts so much stuff and features into their phone that it is significantly slower than another phone with the same specs. Also my S7 had a lot of problems that samsung refused to fix, saying it was software issue when it clearly was not.

21 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

at least go for a G6  which is miles ahead of g5 in design, and 7 edge for much larger battery

dont worry about samsung, as there are many great custom roms available

21 hours ago, bleedblue said:

kek

Only advantage the Xiaomi A2 has over the Samsung S7 is software. It's part of the Android One program while the s7 has...Samsung Experience...ugghh

18 hours ago, MagnumOpus said:

MI A2, Because android one and SD 660 is a decent performer.

16 hours ago, 1kv said:

Avoid the S7 please... An S7 brand new is a rip off, and the battery is dog s**t after a few months. I have an S7 that I bought brand new in April and battery isn't amazing. Especially when gaming. My friend also has an S7 that is 2 years old and he has to keep it plugged into a power bank all day otherwise the battery just goes flat in a couple of hours.

10 hours ago, NeuesTestament said:

With Android I would go for a 2018 mid range because that will get you up to date software. With iOS on the other hand there isn't much problem getting an older device (kind of pointless anyway because Apple does not sell any up to date mid range phones)

What I care about the most is performance, so I wanna no which will run games better overall.