Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need a phone for $200

Speedyv
 Share

I love my S6 active but the battery is wrecked and it dies instantly. I can't afford a new phone rn being a college student and all so I'm looking for a used phone in the $200 price range with a decent battery and good features. 

 

Right now I'm thinking LG V20. But was wondering if there are other options that I haven't thought about. 

 

 

System: Thinkpad T460

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can buy a replacement battery on Samsung parts.com probably. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell 27 Gaming Monitor S2719DGF 1440p @155Hz, Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

You can buy a replacement battery on Samsung parts.com probably. 

Replacing the battery is a huge pain in the ass (need to heat the glue) and has a good chance of damaging the OLED display. 

And I'm not exactly sure what the problem is with the battery as it went from being totally normal with good life (it's a 3500 mAh) to dying right when I unplug it. So it might be a completely unrelated hardware issue. 

System: Thinkpad T460

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

I love my S6 active but the battery is wrecked and it dies instantly. I can't afford a new phone rn being a college student and all so I'm looking for a used phone in the $200 price range with a decent battery and good features. 

 

Right now I'm thinking LG V20. But was wondering if there are other options that I haven't thought about. 

 

 

MY uncle and cousin got their first smartphone 5-6 months ago and they both got the LG V20, my uncle likes it (after he got used to it (he graduated and the only computer in the school district was in the office)), as for my cousin, he absolutely loves it.

Nothing to see here, move along

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can squeeze a little more money into your budget the Essential Phone has a track record of going very cheap on Black Friday.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: AMD Radeon 6700XT 12GB PSU: Corsair SF600 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

 

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

If you can squeeze a little more money into your budget the Essential Phone has a track record of going very cheap on Black Friday.

This.

Sincerely,

 

me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Riddler356 said:

MY uncle and cousin got their first smartphone 5-6 months ago and they both got the LG V20, my uncle likes it (after he got used to it (he graduated and the only computer in the school district was in the office)), as for my cousin, he absolutely loves it.

Do you know where they bought it? And have they experienced any screen ghosting?

System: Thinkpad T460

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Speedyv said:

Do you know where they bought it? And have they experienced any screen ghosting?

ghosting not in their experiences, as for getting it they got it on their phone plans (free upgrade)

Nothing to see here, move along

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×