Temp file cleaner like Ccleaner?

hello guys is there any app like ccleaner to clean temp files and so on? i have read that ccleaner is quite dangerous

3 minutes ago, InvisibleRasta said:

hello guys is there any app like ccleaner to clean temp files and so on? i have read that ccleaner is quite dangerous

Do you know what's it's cleaning and where it's doing so. If yes you can figure out if it's safe, if not then do not touch it with a 10 foot pole.

On another note it's been filled with malware at least twice in the last year or so

yeah and also i read that all those registry cleaning things are pretty bad, so i was looking for a non dangerous temp cleaning solution. waht about revvo uninstaller? is that bad too? it has a cleaning function

Ccleaner is from periform, a daughtercompany from avast. But it was hit I think like a year ago with malware. Why do you even need a cleaner for? They can be pretty useless some times. Or even worse...

CCleaner works well. There was an incident where the download page had malware a while back, but I think it's been fixed. I've used CCleaner for a couple years now without any problems.

it's time

Disk Cleanup in Windows itself.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 hours ago, Minibois said:

Idk why people download bullshit software when Disk Cleanup is so good. There are so many tools built into Windows that people download malware infested system bricking versions of for no reason.

4 hours ago, Minibois said:

Agree. And that should be the only tool you need to use.

Cleaning drive is not necessary (or, at most, you may check once per 6 months and manually delete temp folder content). It's not your desk and real dirt, it's your hard drive, so garbage will not leak from the disk to the floor.

People who have computer cleaning mania often end with broken Windows.