Youtube have gone and fucked it up even bloody more

brownninja97

Go to your sub box and you might not see a difference at first, take a little longer. You might see it, somethings missing.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE CHANNEL NAMES GONE.

What the hell why did they have to go, i knew the channels via their names, not the damn icon, what if they are like me and change the icon just for the fuck of it.

Man im pissed even more then before, btw if you are about to play bf4 then know im gonna shoot the fuck out of everything.

NSFW

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yup, good ol' Google have done it again :)

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

:( That sucks.

Gladly, I can recognize most of my channels by their icons, and if you hover over the icon, it shows the channel name and stuff.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I don't go on youtube for a day and they change it behind my back -.-

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

:( That sucks.

Gladly, I can recognize most of my channels by their icons, and if you hover over the icon, it shows the channel name and stuff.

I recognise jessica nigris channel, i think thats about it. O yeah and linus.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I know why dont they just leave the layout alone and improve major things

As far as I can tell channel names are still on my YouTube page

post-5244-0-25345500-1389130824_thumb.pn 

Edit: OK, so I now realize that the problem is with the ´My Suscriptions´ page. I don't have any channel name in there, but there is still channel pictures, so it is't a problem for me.

People are probably right. It's most likely a mistake that is going to be resolved shortly.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

This is where I say

STOP WHINING

It's a freaking huge website. Mistakes are going to happen in it's daily up keep.

Problems just don't magically fix themselves. You fix it. Another pops up. You fix that. It breaks something else.

They don't need your permission to change one thing.

Not to mention, mine show up fine.

So maybe it's your problem and not Youtubes.

You are a companies worst nightmare. Throwing out fake acquisitions. 

So. In Short. STOP YOUR DAMN CRYING.

I'm getting fed up with people whining over things that are pointless.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

It's obviously a mistake and clearly not intentional. This has happened multiple times before and has been fixed in the coming days, if not hours.

I rarely go to My Subscriptions. What to Watch and going directly down to my Subscriptions list on the home page is enough to reach the channel I want. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They're gonna change it again before long so its a waste of energy to complain...that said it wouldn't bother me much either way

As far as I can tell channel names are still on my YouTube page

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

same, maybe our dark theme is causing this?

I also have youtube center so that could also be a factor :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

same, maybe our dark theme is causing this?

I also have youtube center so that could also be a factor :P

I have this issue, though I'm not using anything but stock and the HTML5 trial.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

When I go to the subscriptions page I see this for every entry :

video.og:image

video.og:title

by {username}

mins ago . views

description

Woooo!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I have no addons or anything installed and the same thing is happening for me. I can confirm that they either messed something up or it was intentionally changed for some reason

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I have this issue, though I'm not using anything but stock and the HTML5 trial.

you want the html5 trial? i had to install youtube options to force flash as even when i tell it not to use html5 it still does and when it does i cant watch a playlist as it will move to the next video exit full screen then go straight to that next video that it was changing to and leave the playlist. I can not watch playlists at all not even the watch later playlist with html5

you want the html5 trial? i had to install youtube options to force flash as even when i tell it not to use html5 it still does and when it does i cant watch a playlist as it will move to the next video exit full screen then go straight to that next video that it was changing to and leave the playlist. I can not watch playlists at all not even the watch later playlist with html5

So far I've only had issues with IE. Chrome and Firefox seems to handle it just fine. Also I believe HTML5 by default is opt-in at this page here: http://www.youtube.com/html5

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

So far I've only had issues with IE. Chrome and Firefox seems to handle it just fine. Also I believe HTML5 by default is opt-in at this page here: http://www.youtube.com/html5

i use chrome and opt-in is false as it forced it on me and when i try to get out of it youtube still goes html5 more then flash and then no playlist will work. if i just watch a single video its fine but playlists are messed up. 

edit that link says im using the default video player and asks if i would like to request html5 but it still forces html5 on me

If this was intentional

headdesk.gif

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

THEY DUN FUUUCCCKED UP!

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just realized that lol. But all I really care is about the videos and if I am interested in that video I click on it without seeing who uploaded it. You can mouse over the icon to get their name but it just takes more time.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This is where I say

STOP WHINING

It's a freaking huge website. Mistakes are going to happen in it's daily up keep.

Problems just don't magically fix themselves. You fix it. Another pops up. You fix that. It breaks something else.

They don't need your permission to change one thing.

Not to mention, mine show up fine.

So maybe it's your problem and not Youtubes.

You are a companies worst nightmare. Throwing out fake acquisitions. 

So. In Short. STOP YOUR DAMN CRYING.

I'm getting fed up with people whining over things that are pointless.

You pissed?

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.